Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Years of constant fighting takes its toll. One day, in another battle, one of them is too slow to realize a blade slipped past their defenses, cutting through metal, flesh and bone. Their blood spills to the battlefield, and they fall to the ground, dead. And the one that survived is left with grief and many regrets. Oh, humanity! Or elfity, whatever.

Seriously, if I read one more fanfiction about the two of them I'll get diabetes.
    Beautifully written post. Especially the bit about elves dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    ...and the blood knights become harsh again. /fanfic.
    That I can agree with. #classfantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    If you are happy than why are you complaining ? Btw nice ad hominems.
    "Extremely loose" ties matter a little when only important characters in the story are human, night elf and draenei. And elves. A fuckton of elves.
    Also, thrall killed thrall ? He really steals the spotlight.
    I'm not complaining, just pointing something out to those that are.

You're forcing Khadgar and a small role by Tyrande into being Alliance just to suit your narrative as well and again you're glossing over the fact that they turned Tyrande into a crying, "where's my husband, I can't do anything without my man" character.

Nice on my mistype. You know I meant that Thrall killed Garrosh. Guess it shows how little argument you actually have, so you have to pick on a mistype.

Anyway, I'm done responding to you, you obviously have your bias and can't see past the end of your nose.

Horde literally just had an entire expansion dedicated just to them, come on dude.

While I agree there wasn't much non-undead stuff here, there also wasn't any human, dwarf, gnome, and very little draenei lore (other than the obvious Burning Legion connection). You had:

Zone of Night Elves
    Zone of Nightmare, which had a lot of Nelfs again
    Tauren Zone
    Zone with Undead/Worgen and Vrykul
    Zone of Nightborne Elves
    + 7.2 Legion zone

There are no relevant Humans, even Anduin didn't do shit this xpac, no relevant gnomes or dwarves, nothing Draenei except one scenario with Velen, and the nelf stuff is almost exclusively lore from way before the Alliance or Horde ever existed. They're all ghosts from the War of the Ancients, hardly Alliance members.

As for the Malfurion/Tyrande thing, tell me, how many druids do you know of, in lore, on the Horde side who are important? Hamuul and Zen'tabra, who were both there as well? But outside of that, how would you include a bunch of Horde characters in a Druid storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Horde literally just had an entire expansion dedicated just to them, come on dude.

While I agree there wasn't much non-undead stuff here, there also wasn't any human, dwarf, gnome, and very little draenei lore (other than the obvious Burning Legion connection). You had:

Zone of Night Elves
    Zone of Nightmare, which had a lot of Nelfs again
    Tauren Zone
    Zone with Undead/Worgen and Vrykul
    Zone of Nightborne Elves
    + 7.2 Legion zone

There are no relevant Humans, even Anduin didn't do shit this xpac, no relevant gnomes or dwarves, nothing Draenei except one scenario with Velen, and the nelf stuff is almost exclusively lore from way before the Alliance or Horde ever existed. They're all ghosts from the War of the Ancients, hardly Alliance members.

As for the Malfurion/Tyrande thing, tell me, how many druids do you know of, in lore, on the Horde side who are important? Hamuul and Zen'tabra, who were both there as well? But outside of that, how would you include a bunch of Horde characters in a Druid storyline?
    What horde expansion was there, exactly?

WoD? How was WoD a "horde expansion" at all? Because it had orcs? That had nothing to do with the Horde at all?

Honestly speaking.... Alliance and Horde doesn't matter shit now. They can choke each other in a corner.

There is only Legionfall. A more superior faction of united organizations all over Azeroth. The true protectors of the realm.

And then it will later become Azsharafall and later N'zothfall and Voidfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    What horde expansion was there, exactly?

WoD? How was WoD a "horde expansion" at all? Because it had orcs? That had nothing to do with the Horde at all?
    People forget that for WoD to be an "Horde expansion" the whole Iron Horde storyline should have had an actual stronger connection with the Horde while managing to sideline the Alliance. That's not what happened. The Iron Horde acted as your typical bad guys ruining the day for everybody and the Horde saw and treated them as such, in no different way of the Alliance. Horde dealt with Frostwolves and Laughing Skull, Alliance with the whole Draenei civilization and together they beat to shreds the faction of bad guys that wanted the both of them dead. That's your "Horde expansion".

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Honestly speaking.... Alliance and Horde doesn't matter shit now. They can choke each other in a corner.

There is only Legionfall. A more superior faction of united organizations all over Azeroth. The true protectors of the realm.

And then it will later become Azsharafall and later N'zothfall and Voidfall.
    So we unite every weekend to beat the next villain, rinse and repeat? Can't wait. Too much fun.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    So we unite every weekend to beat the next villain, rinse and repeat? Can't wait. Too much fun.
    Heh, at least it's better than having the lore community more toxic than ever.

You know I'm getting sick entirely of these "Genn/Sylvanas is an extremely badly written character" and "What the fuck is wrong with Alliance/Horde" threads. Just one faction to rule them all.

To be fair it has happened in every expansion eventually.

Though this xpack it is extreme

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    To be fair it has happened in every expansion eventually.

Though this xpack it is extreme
    That's exactly the point. Shattered Sun Offensive, Ashen Verdict, Avengers of Hyjal, we saw plenty of that stuff. But at this turn Legionfall is the final result of an idea that literally nullified the historical factions of the game.

So no, I'm definitely not eager to see this concept drawn out on subsequent expansions, actually after all the love and attention to classes maybe it's time to do the same with races, for some of them is painfully needed.

That's exactly the point. Shattered Sun Offensive, Ashen Verdict, Avengers of Hyjal, we saw plenty of that stuff. But at this turn Legionfall is the final result of an idea that literally nullified the historical factions of the game.

So no, I'm definitely not eager to see this concept drawn out on subsequent expansions, actually after all the love and attention to classes maybe it's time to do the same with races, for some of them is painfully needed.
    Though to be fair in an expansion pack dealing with the legion it was necessary that the factions cooperate, but blizz has screwed up the spotlight management by a large margin, they could have planted small camps here and there with small storylines for each race and faction.

Take 7.3 for example instead of 1 ship launching they could have several ships of different origin in the background, with every race present, now it looks like only Silvermoon and stormwind answered the call of the Draenei.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-07-01 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    What exp pack is that? WoD? killing Orcs non-stop you call that a Horde exp pack?
    It would had been a Horde exp pack when we would had teamed up with the iron Horde slaying Draenei in raids then i would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Until we need another raid boss.
    Patch 8.4: Siege of Undercity

Though to be fair in an expansion pack dealing with the legion it was necessary that the factions cooperate, but blizz has screwed up the spotlight management by a large margin, they could have planted small camps here and there with small storylines for each race and faction.

Take 7.3 for example instead of 1 ship launching they could have several ships of different origin in the background, with every race present, now it looks like only Silvermoon and stormwind answered the call of the Draenei.
    The alliance ship at least has 7th legion aboard, including Dwarf mountaineers with some badass tripple barelled shotguns and the new mountaineer outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    The alliance ship at least has 7th legion aboard, including Dwarf mountaineers with some badass tripple barelled shotguns and the new mountaineer outfit.
    The horde ship has some darkspear kor'kron as well, but it still looks bleak, considering that this is all the Alliance and horde send.

Deleted
    The horde ship has some darkspear kor'kron as well, but it still looks bleak, considering that this is all the Alliance and horde send.
    Maybe i missed something but all i have seen sofar from the 7.3 ptr is, Blood Elf ship going to exodar (Velen) and from there its, Draenei, Velen, Illidan, Velen, Broken, Draenei, Draenei, Gnome, Human, High Elf, Draenei, Velen, Illidan ect. Not seen any Horde on Argus other then a few Blood Elfs taking minor part in the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though to be fair in an expansion pack dealing with the legion it was necessary that the factions cooperate
    They also wanted to have the Legion to feel "threatening" by buttfucking Alliance and Horde in the Broken Shore but after that, rather than seeing an actual reaction to that disaster, factions have been left in shambles and basically non-existant. It's like they wanted to tell us that licking their wounds is all Alliance and Horde will do for the rest of the expansion while a superhero coalition of class-based organizations deal with the Legion.

Maybe that's all the better reason for a more filler and "mundane" expansion after Legion, we need something way smaller in scale that would let factions "breath" a bit (which is totally needed, enough with this "every year the world ends" bullshit).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They also wanted to have the Legion to feel "threatening" by buttfucking Alliance and Horde in the Broken Shore but after that, rather than seeing an actual reaction to that disaster, factions have been left in shambles and basically non-existant. It's like they wanted to tell us that licking their wounds is all Alliance and Horde will do for the rest of the expansion while a superhero coalition of class-based organizations deal with the Legion.

Maybe that's all the better reason for a more filler and "mundane" expansion after Legion, we need something way smaller in scale that would let factions "breath" a bit (which is totally needed, enough with this "every year the world ends" bullshit).
    Patch 8.3 "Siege of mudmugs hut.

Is that downscale enough ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Patch 8.3 "Siege of mudmugs hut.

Is that downscale enough ?
    Challenging gods is not my usual idea of downscale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Challenging gods is not my usual idea of downscale.
    I wonder how long will united armies of alliance and blood elves stood against might of mudmug in his dreaded lair.