Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Patience my friend.
    I hope I don't have to wait as long as for the proof of 3 million illegal votes.

Or the proof that he had the biggest inaugural crowd.

I was going to add the Comey Recordings, but he admitted to lying about that so meh.

As bad as Trump is in some ways I more than happy to have a potus whose main vice seems to be making semi vulgar and unpresidential tweets rather than one who starts trillion dollar wars based on intel they know is phoney while lying repeatedly to the American people and killing around half a million people in the process. I could list some things that happened under Obama's watch as well but that it was recent enough I shouldn't need to. So for now Trump is president and I'll just have to deal with it the same way I did the last 5-6 presidents. I think some of you are just sorta new to this whole having a president who you don't like in office thing.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-07-01 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I hope I don't have to wait as long as for the proof of 3 million illegal votes.

Or the proof that he had the biggest inaugural crowd.

I was going to add the Comey Recordings, but he admitted to lying about that so meh.
    Well he didn't lie about the recordings. The voter fraud thing is happening now actually. Just need those pesky states to stop refusing to give over the information. Not sure what they are hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    what? he cannot have a personal view or remain a human being?
    His--the President of the Unites States--tweets are the official position of the Office and the Administration.

You honestly believe the United States' official position on Morning Joe, Joe, the media, and Mika as pronounced by the President is okay? You honestly think online harassment by the President is okay?

Is that what this Country is about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he didn't lie about the recordings. The voter fraud thing is happening now actually. Just need those pesky states to stop refusing to give over the information. Not sure what they are hiding.
    Yeah, those darn Liberal republican states! Not wanting to hand over the personal information of millions of people. How dare they.

I wonder why Trump won't hand over his tax records. Not sure what he's hiding.

There's actual evidence of her doing criminal shit for one thing.
    Oh.. that's why she has been punished and jailed... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    Oh.. that's why she has been punished and jailed... oh wait.
    Like I said above, patience my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said above, patience my friend.
    Hey, you didn't answer about what Trump is hiding with not showing his tax records.

Here, let's trade. Voter info for tax records. Seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hey, you didn't answer about what Trump is hiding with not showing his tax records.

Here, let's trade. Voter info for tax records. Seems fair to me.
    Works for me. Deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Works for me. Deal.
    Let no-one say Liberals and Trump supporters can't find common grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    As bad as Trump is in some ways I more than happy to have a potus whose main vice seems to be making semi vulgar and unpresidential tweets rather than one who starts trillion dollar wars based on intel they know is phoney while lying repeatedly to the American people and killing around half a million people in the process. I could list some things that happened under Obama's watch as well but that it was recent enough I shouldn't need to. So for now Trump is president and I'll just have to deal with it the same way I did the last 5-6 presidents. I think some of you are just sorta new to this whole having a president who you don't like in office thing.
    "It is okay if the POTUS uses his office to harass people because he did not start a war (yet)" is like one of the lamest justifications I have heard so far.
    Setting aside that you compare the first six months to multiple years in office (and in Bush's case a reaction to a singularity that Trump hopefully won't experience) - just because others have been worse does not make him good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    "It is okay if the POTUS uses his office to harass people because he did not start a war (yet)" is like one of the lamest justifications I have heard so far.
    Setting aside that you compare the first six months to multiple years in office (and in Bush's case a reaction to a singularity that Trump hopefully won't experience) - just because others have been worse does not make him good.
    Bush's trillion dollar wars were not a reaction so much as using an attack as a justification for them. There is absolutely no defending what Bush did while he was president. Trump's tweets are only a big deal if you can't remember or didn't live through all the other shit we've had to deal with for the last 20 or so years. Even then to call them a big deal means you lack perspective on anything else.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-07-01 at 07:55 PM.

Bush's trillion dollar wars were not a reaction so much as using an attack as a justification for them. There is absolutely no defending what Bush did while he was president. Trump's tweets are only a big deal if you can't remember or didn't live through all the other shit we've had to deal with for the last 20 or so years. Even then to call them a big deal means you lack perspective on anything else.
    If Trump can't even keep a civil tone and integrity of the position he now holds, does not bode well for future diplomatic relations. All he is doing is proving that his very thin skinned and will stoop to incredible lows and disregards any consequences of his actions. How are you going to dismiss this behavior when he starts with this kind of language at other foreign leaders?

1) he's barely been in office for 6 months, the world is a dangerous place eventually he will have to deal with an actual crisis not something he created.

2) Even in kindergarten that excuse did not work, someone else doing horrible doesn't take away from another doing a bad act. Trump is a 70 year old man he is responsible for his words and actions just like we all are, if your only defense of him is X president did worse then you don't have much of a prayer.

3) How confident are you about his ability to lead? I mean seriously if he can't handle the little stuff what do you think will happen when he has to deal with a major crisis.

Eh, I think that matter was a bit more complicated. Not that Bush was great or anything like that, but Trump did not have a trigger like that yet and will hopefully never have. Without 9/11, it might not have come to that. 'tis that kinda deal.

Anyway. Lack of perspective is exactly what I criticized your post for. What you were doing was choosing an ex-post selection of other president's worst actions and comparing that to a relatively minor, in comparison, point. It is correct that Trump's tweets are a smaller deal than the Iraq War. No one is contesting that.

However 'big deal' and 'as big a deal as the Iraq War' are not synonymous. Your 'lack of perspective' remark would be correct if, say, Trump was currently invading North Korea and everyone focused on the tweets instead. However, that is currently not the case. True, currently we have multiple other Trump problems competing with this tweet, like his Muslim ban and his voter fraud 'investigation'. But no one is saying those do not matter, either. I think most of the people in here irked by him publicly insulting people in his declarations are also irked by those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Oh noes! Citizens in France and the UK don't like the US.

Whatever shall we do?

I stay awake at night trying my best to live up to the expectations of UK and French citizens!

Help us!
    No, its more like the entire world, that liked Obama besides maybe Iran and Russia, hate Trump. While Russia is basically the only country cheering Trump besides other dictator countries.

- - - Updated - - -

He said in his tweet about Comey that Comey better hope he doesn't have tapes or recordings of him. We call that witness intimidation.

The voter fraud thing isn't happening because half of the states are laughing at his commission to their fucking face. Not to mention, there isn't any voter fraud. Besides the 4 cases that have been found, 3 of which voted for Trump because Trump told them to. Even Oklahoma, Kobach's home state, won't be giving them their information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    He actually did say that several times about how our army is in the worst state ever and that Obama was leading from behind and that only he would bring respect back to the US.
    Hmm. I'll have to look into that, thanks. Obviously, as recent polls have shown, that's blatantly false, but I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Also there was his rant on pulling out of the Paris accord about how the world was laughing at us before he came along
    Yeah...that's blatantly false, too.

- - - Updated - - -

As bad as Trump is in some ways I more than happy to have a potus whose main vice seems to be making semi vulgar and unpresidential tweets rather than one who starts trillion dollar wars based on intel they know is phoney while lying repeatedly to the American people and killing around half a million people in the process.
    First of all: not defending Bush. Iraq War 2 was a stupid mistake and should never have happened.

However.

Trump has already stuck his tiny little fingers into Yemen and Syria, is threatening Syria and North Korea -- both of whom have serious backup telling Trump not to -- and then there's the whole thing about touching a glowing orb and getting ready to invade Qatar.

And removing -- not replacing -- the health coverage of 32 million people. The CBO has said that the Senate bill will kill more people per year than auto accidents or guns, and Trump suggested repeal without replacement, which would objectively kill more people.

So let's not get caught up in who is trying to kill more Americans. Trump's just getting started and already he's proven that he values his money he doesn't pay taxes on more than the lives of the people who voted for him.

Even if his "main" vice is acting like a clumsy incompetent jackass, it's not his "only" vice. There is plenty not to like. This is just one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Eh, I think that matter was a bit more complicated. Not that Bush was great or anything like that, but Trump did not have a trigger like that yet and will hopefully never have. Without 9/11, it might not have come to that. 'tis that kinda deal.

Anyway. Lack of perspective is exactly what I criticized your post for. What you were doing was choosing an ex-post selection of other president's worst actions and comparing that to a relatively minor, in comparison, point. It is correct that Trump's tweets are a smaller deal than the Iraq War. No one is contesting that.

However 'big deal' and 'as big a deal as the Iraq War' are not synonymous. Your 'lack of perspective' remark would be correct if, say, Trump was currently invading North Korea and everyone focused on the tweets instead. However, that is currently not the case. True, currently we have multiple other Trump problems competing with this tweet, like his Muslim ban and his voter fraud 'investigation'. But no one is saying those do not matter, either. I think most of the people in here irked by him publicly insulting people in his declarations are also irked by those things.
    Except that its kind of self explanatory I would hope that I don't need to compare tweets to trillion dollar wars which kill half a million people in order to put them into perspective. Honestly, I feel like the people who act all outraged over what Trump tweets are either too young to know what they should act outraged over or just adults who hate Trump and will find any excuse they possibly can to act outraged and hate on him. The Muslim ban is not something I am outraged over either. Its something we as Americans can disagree with and even protest over but I think the media is doing a good job of acting outraged on all of our behalf over pretty much everything Trump says or does. Most all of it is just phoney baloney because they can't stand the fact he got elected in the first place.

Bush's trillion dollar wars were not a reaction so much as using an attack as a justification for them.
    Bush's war? I seem to remember something about a joint declaration of congress authorizing that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    If Trump can't even keep a civil tone and integrity of the position he now holds, does not bode well for future diplomatic relations. All he is doing is proving that his very thin skinned and will stoop to incredible lows and disregards any consequences of his actions. How are you going to dismiss this behavior when he starts with this kind of language at other foreign leaders?
    lol. I recall when Boris Yeltin gave his first real speech here in the us after overcoming a military coup and a bunch of other stuff to solidify power and he basically came over and said how they were in an economic crisis and possibly on the verge of collapse(we are talking a country which at the time had the largest or second largest nuke arsenal in the world) and then president Clinton literally stood behind him and started laughing uncontrollably due to the bad English Yeltsin was using to convey his message. He looked like a complete buffoon and made all of us look bad as well yet our media said not a word about him acting unpresidential or anything else. It wasn't even mentioned. Now here we are 25 years later and people want to act like Trump is so crass and yada yada the sky is falling because Trump says w/e he wants. This is all just manufactured hand wringing imo. That's all that it is. Other world leaders will just have to deal with it. It won't kill them just as it won't kill any of us. We just have to grin and bear it until he is out of office. Bush often said things that made him look like an imbecile also.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-07-01 at 10:18 PM.