Poll: How will the void attack in 8.0

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    WoD had tons of potential actually. But there's no way an expansion can shine when you cut half of its content and add to that a Facebook/Twitter integration patch and just one relevant final patch.
    Really? Potential? I was disgusted by the expansion and its themes the moment they revealed it. It was obvious that it would fall flat and fail. It was a poor rehash of TBC in every aspect with horrible writing, bad storytelling, awful zone / game design, removal of flying, no new class or race, bad raids and a massive gear grind (okay we have the gear grind in Legion as well but the overall appeal of Legion is much better).

- - - Updated - - -

There are two routes the next expansion can go, as mentioned quite often in this thread:

a) Filler expansion like MoP / WoD having many sub plots, no real "big bad guy" and nothing very prominent in the Warcraft lore (Faction conflict, Lich King 2.0)

b) Real expansion like Cataclysm / Legion with one major villain continuing the Warcraft lore (Azshara, N'zoth, Void Lords)

They can take route a) but if they do so we'll end up with WoD disaster 2.0. There's no doubt about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    But these days the AMOUNT of things blatantly hinting to something is a dead giveaway, we got ALOT of stuff going on with the Legion back in MoP
    What did the Legion do in MoP?

Void isn't the next expansion. They are setting it up as the next main antagonist. We will finish that in like another 4 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Really? Potential? I was disgusted by the expansion and its themes the moment they revealed it. It was obvious that it would fall flat and fail.
    Your personal feelings on the expansion's theme are irrelevant before the fact that WoD was objectively ruined by a criminal and shameless butchering or outright removal of content and a failed policy of Blizzard in regards of future expansions, one that was immediately discarded in Legion after what it did to WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Your personal feelings on the expansion's theme are irrelevant before the fact that WoD was objectively ruined by a criminal and shameless butchering or outright removal of content and a failed policy of Blizzard in regards of future expansions, one that was immediately discarded in Legion after what it did to WoD.
    It's not really personal feelings. WoD was by far the expansion with worst reviews by critics and fans alike (and not only due to Blizzard's "butchering"), it was the expansion with the biggest decline in subs and quality of the game. Not even MoP had those problems because - even disliked by a big chunk of the playerbase - it delivered quality content and didn't feel like a poorly designed filler expansion disguised as fan service.

Once we defeat the current master of the legion, we will discover that the burning legion cannot be disassembled, because it is the only thing keeping Void at check. Thus, we will simply replace the person on the Burning Throne with one of our own commanders (Khadgar?), and the next expansion will be all about the Burning Crusade reimagined, with us at the helm, travelling the universe on spaceships, fighting the void back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Once we defeat the current master of the legion, we will discover that the burning legion cannot be disassembled, because it is the only thing keeping Void at check. Thus, we will simply replace the person on the Burning Throne with one of our own commanders (Khadgar?), and the next expansion will be all about the Burning Crusade reimagined, with us at the helm, travelling the universe on spaceships, fighting the void back.
    But wait, the void cannot be defeated either, otherwise the Light will cause the universe to collapse. Light and Void balance each other.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    How is the Return of the Lich King set up again? One class storyline out of 12 shows Bolvar being a dick and the undead got a model update. But none of this seems to be relevant to the final patch. Scourge being important in 8.0 is wishful thinking at best.
    Deaths of Chromie shows Wrathion in Northrend, and makes mention of the increased activity from the undead.

Could Sylvanas become Lich Queen? Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    The ability to relive the absolute peak of this game, perhaps./QUOTE]
    By doing the exact same thing? Go and explain this to the butthurt star wars fans who think the Force Awakens was worse than the prequels. I'm fine with going North as long as it is for a different reason. You know, the void lords corrupting Bolvar or something.

Like Highlander V. The creators flat out said that it was just a bad dream of the protagonist. Okay, they brought back Gul'Dan this way but I'm sure they could have set up a Legion invasion another way-

A few things make this leak very unlike. Most importantly artifact weapons carrying over despite Blizzard saying that they will not. Then again, saying something and doing the other wouldn't be anything new.
    Force Awakens was worse than the prequels. It's the worst SW movie ever made. It's basically Episode 4 drowned in PC propoganda. There's literally 0 reason for Rey (who just discovers the force) to be able to overpower Kylo (years of training) in both force usage and a lightsabre duel. Yet she does it , cause 'she's a strong woman'. I mean cmon even the Jesus of SW universe (aka Anakin) needed a fuck load of training . But obviously not the female protagonist >.< it's just beyond stupid. Add to that a rehashed plot and you get the worst movie in the franchise.
    Last edited by Nero Stormchester; 2017-07-01 at 05:53 PM.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Force Awakens was worse than the prequels. It's the worst SW movie ever made. It's basically Episode 4 drowned in PC propoganda. There's literally 0 reason for Rey (who just discovers the force) to be able to overpower Kylo (years of training) in both force usage and a lightsabre duel. Yet she does it , cause 'she's a strong woman'. I mean cmon even the Jesus of SW universe (aka Anakin) needed a fuck load of training . But obviously not the female protagonist >.< it's just beyond stupid. Add to that a rehashed plot and you get the worst movie in the franchise.
    While I don't agree that this makes it worse than the prequels (I mean I've had viral hepatitis with my liver swollen to a size where I couldn't even fill my stomach and even that was better than The Plothole Menace and Attack of the Clones) but your opinion just proves my point. Doing Northrend again with evil Bolvar instead of evil Arthas would be the same fucking thing. Except Bolvar will be stonger because he will fight stronger heroes.

(Also while the sequels might provide further details regarding Rey's sudden surge of power we shouldn't overlook that Kylo was suffering from a pretty heavy Crosbow shot that insta killed normal fully armored stormtroopers. He wasn't exactly in top condition.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Could Sylvanas become Lich Queen? Is that possible?
    I don´t think so, but She is going full super villain anyways.

Saying its been confirmed is incredibly foolish. Its possible, but would anyone have seen MoP coming after Cata? Really the only expansion that was properly set up was Legion itself, and that seemed like it was done in very heavy handed ways.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Saying its been confirmed is incredibly foolish. Its possible, but would anyone have seen MoP coming after Cata? Really the only expansion that was properly set up was Legion itself, and that seemed like it was done in very heavy handed ways.
    The same goes for this one. The ammount of void stuff in this last patch is pretty big. Everything from Broken to freakin Alleria has void all over them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    I'd personally pick the Faire.

Am evil schemer, what can I say?
    It's tied with Northrend for second place. Who knows? Maybe we will get it eventually? I know I would love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see a Emerald Dream expansion but I'd probably say it just isn't a realistic hope anymore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Pretty much confirmed"

Yeah remember when Wrathion was all about foreshadowing an iminent Burning Legion return,
    And then we battled heavy-weaponized Orcs from an alternate timeline,

and THEN the Burning Legion came?

They can totally do that again.

IF it's something void-related, we'll discover the hints in the next patch, like we discovered the Iron Horde thru' Blackfuse's quotes about his legacy. But the means? Who would've guessed that the Infinite Dragonflight would come from nowhere to aid Garrosh and send him to the past?

IMO, I think that the next void-thing is N'Zoth.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2017-07-01 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I'd love to see a Emerald Dream expansion but I'd probably say it just isn't a realistic hope anymore.
    Ah finally someone. I was beginning to fear I am the only one who sees potential in a huge alien looking wilderness the size of Kalimdor +EK+Pandaria+Northrend and the Broken Isles put together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    "Pretty much confirmed"

Yeah remember when Wrathion was all about foreshadowing an iminent Burning Legion return,
    And then we battled heavy-weaponized Orcs from an alternate timeline,

and THEN the Burning Legion came?

They can totally do that again.
    Yeah remember when the last patch of MoP had us fighting heavy-weaponized Orcs in a raid and spening time on an island where time doesn't really work the way it should? And then we battled heavy-weaponized Orcs from an alternate timeline? So please explain how all the void stuff in the last patch hints at an expansion that doesn't involve the void at all.

On one end, I would love the darkmoon faire evil plot. On the other, I really wouldn't be happy if they got any funny ideas such as replacing the darkmoon faire event with... dunno, the mulgore faire event. There are some nostalgic things one doesn't fuck with, and Darkmoon faire fits right in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    On one end, I would love the darkmoon faire evil plot. On the other, I really wouldn't be happy if they got any funny ideas such as replacing the darkmoon faire event with... dunno, the mulgore faire event. There are some nostalgic things one doesn't fuck with, and Darkmoon faire fits right in that category.
    While Darkmoon faire sounds interesting, it seems more like a patch or a raid than an entire expansion theme.