Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleborn View Post
    to be fair, 4/9 mythic as a pretty new guild in WoW is decent as a start.
    Not for a average - high end Wildstar player.

scrubBusters enters the 7/9 people

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Honestly, I think guilds will let him push to P2 at 100% HP to practice it, so that when they do get amazing P1 pull they have a shot at killing it instead of just wasting it by wiping p2.
    thank you for being so honest about that

Quote Originally Posted by Caleborn View Post
    to be fair, 4/9 mythic as a pretty new guild in WoW is decent as a start.
    But this should be a piece of cake for those guys. WoW is the easiest MMO they've ever played and they were the holy grail of Wildstar guilds, the hardest MMO ever created by mankind!

/s

Turns out WoW might be a tad tougher than they claimed.

Race looks a bit like NH without all the rad drama *sob* Avatar/KJ look to be the new Elisande/Gul'dan. Hectic movement fight, lots of HP, and adds that break you if you don't burst em down. Should be interesting. Excited to see the KJ fight hope there is some surprises in there.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2017-07-01 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Honestly, I think guilds will let him push to P2 at 100% HP to practice it, so that when they do get amazing P1 pull they have a shot at killing it instead of just wasting it by wiping p2.
    Yeah. We did a fair bit of that on PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJt9Vk--elw I thought they shut down the bubbles/circles on debuffs addon/weak aura...

Deleted
    not even 1 week and ppl call for a nerf already
    ppl clearly didnt raid before the time you could get legendaries and epic items from a box or normal dungeons .

Quote Originally Posted by dumpsta View Post
    not even 1 week and ppl call for a nerf already
    ppl clearly didnt raid before the time you could get legendaries and epic items from a box or normal dungeons .
    kungen is that you

Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJt9Vk--elw I thought they shut down the bubbles/circles on debuffs addon/weak aura...
    Yeah...
    Guess something slipped through? Blizzard will nuke it if they find out.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    There are LOTS of players in raids that only raid less hours that are top-tier material - they just can`t/won`t put in the hours. Also, depending on the tier up to 200-300 raids actually get to unnerfed bosses and a lot of them don't have significantly better gear, because they don't split raid and optimize setups etc. (e.g. I killed Krosus mythic #198 and we had worse gear than the top guilds that killed him (same ilevel, a lot less set bonusses, trinkets etc. and a shitty setup).

There are very few extraordinary talented players (e.g. Fragnance who performs at the highest level with every class/spec) or organizational/tactical masterminds like Potter even in guilds like Method and Exorsus that you couldn't replace. But the barrier of entry of "you gotta be able to no-life it regularly" is so high, that many great players play with lighter schedules.

It is terrible for a day-raiding, split-raiding group when the first 3 bosses are literally free-loot like the 3 first NH Abosses.
    They isnt dayraiding this tier except for the first day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably the only thing that can cause drama in this race, since it's been super chill so far. Because if it's true than the guy in Exorsus who's famous for his addons probably already knows about it and they use it, it'll be pretty funny if they get a WF and then release a video with them on display, i can already imagine the whine about exploits and unfair advantage. Too many "IFs" though.
    Last edited by FareweII; 2017-07-02 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enivex View Post
    13 guilds at 7/9 now.
    14... Theres a 3 chinese guild on 7/9 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how that works. Maybe tricking the game into thinking you aren't in an instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I wonder how that works. Maybe tricking the game into thinking you aren't in an instance?
    That or intentionally writing the game's memory so it thinks so. That needs to result in bans though. Either this kind of addon stuff is fine and everyone can do it, or it's not fine and nobody can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I am wondering if it is possible to use the fight logs being actively scanned to detect shit and then just draw the stuff in the UI based on custom scripts that track their players' movement...
    You can't determine player position through the API within an instance anymore, not even your own, and you can't get exact distances between players which means the angles you could maybe deduce would be horribly inaccurate, and those were quite precise. They're also drawing on player frames which was disabled.

The addon thing is fine to me. The game is riddled with them. Timers and symbols appear above players heads all the time via dbm/bw, so I don't know why the asdon in the exorcist vid would be any different.

As long as they didn't hack the game or extract any functionality that an addon like dbm couldn't also gain, then it's all fair imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    kungen is that you
    nah, Kungen just appears around the start of each Expansion, "competes" for the first raid, then silently disappears again into the night.

Once again players are light years ahead of Blizzard.

Must be super embarrassing when players know your APIs better than the people who actually created them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    There are LOTS of players in raids that only raid less hours that are top-tier material - they just can`t/won`t put in the hours.
    Parsing / playing top-tier for 3-4 hours a night 3x a week is totally different than doing it for 16 hours a day for 1-2 weeks in a row. The mindset / motivation / stamina / focus / ... that is required to race for world first is often forgotten. Same thing for dealing with pressure.

Or in other words, e.g. it's not because you are the best shadow priest in the world in terms of awareness and output that you are automatically qualified for a top 5 guild.

When blizzard announced the change, an addon developer dropped by, chuckled, and said there was still 2-3 hooks they could use to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Parsing / playing top-tier for 3-4 hours a night 3x a week is totally different than doing it for 16 hours a day for 1-2 weeks in a row. The mindset / motivation / stamina / focus / ... that is required to race for world first is often forgotten. Same thing for dealing with pressure.

Or in other words, e.g. it's not because you are the best shadow priest in the world in terms of awareness and output that you are automatically qualified for a top 5 guild.
    And all of it for nothing more than 5 minutes of fame (for the most part). This style of raiding could die and the game wouldn't be any better or worse.