Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I believe it will be the Aszhara-storyline.

Other possibilities:

World of Warcraft - Attack of the Gnomes
    World of Warcraft - Pepes special Adventures
    World of Warcraft - Hatred of the Lich Queen
    World of Warcraft - Revenge of the Void Walkers
    World of Warcraft - Return of Onyxia

15+ Year Old Account
    You all seen that "leaked" rise of the naga expansion thing that was doing the rounds? There has been loads of void type models and stuff found lately so its def gonna have the voids in it for me.

Towards the end of the last few expansions you sometimes get clues in mounts, like Iron Skyreaver at the end of MoP and the Arcanist's Manasaber Mount released end of wod, so if a void/naga type mount appears in the store its a good hint the xpac is gonna be loosely based on the style of mount.

Deleted
    While the RotNE leak is almost certainly nonesense I am certain 8.0 will be about the void and most likely naga as well.

Personally though I am leaning more and more towards a relaunch. That would clean up the story, give devs a new engine with more options and even solve the problem of getting rid of artifact weapons without negatively impacting player progression. It could still be about void and naga. We start on Argus, or a ship from Argus to Azeroth and we rediscover the void infested Azeroth douring the long new leveling experience.

The Vindicaar could be an early version of ships. Back during Warlords of Draenor, it was semi-common speculation that a sea expansion would introduce a boat-garrison to create a more personal connection and more consistency between disparate zones than Cataclysm had. It wouldn't need to be much more than a static location that's technically at every island and you just teleport between them, but it would feel more like real travel (especially if it used a boat travel style loading screen map).

Azshara could definitely be responsible for another world revamp. As it was, she was initially implied to be partially responsible for the Cataclysm, so it would be appropriate to use that again. She's constantly obsessed with getting artifacts to control the sea and flood the world and stuff too, so they could easily just have her having partially accomplished that in a way that can justify redoing things. A revamp also seems to be building in popularity, so I could see it happening, as long as they follow with those speculations that it tries to fix the timeline and make the leveling a bit more timeless this time around.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-02 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    You all seen that "leaked" rise of the naga expansion thing that was doing the rounds? There has been loads of void type models and stuff found lately so its def gonna have the voids in it for me.

Towards the end of the last few expansions you sometimes get clues in mounts, like Iron Skyreaver at the end of MoP and the Arcanist's Manasaber Mount released end of wod, so if a void/naga type mount appears in the store its a good hint the xpac is gonna be loosely based on the style of mount.
    You mean the moose, not the 'saber. But yeah, it was foreshadowing alright.

The problem is, plans in Blizzard tend to sometimes change - for example, they admitted WoD and Legion was a two-parter idea and only fairly late in development did they finally decide on the order we got (WoD then Legion). So the entire foreshadowing by Wrathion (and Wrathion himself?) that alluded to Legion and was in the game as late as 5.2 got shelved - we received some different foreshadowing by Kairoz/Timeless Isle instead.

This time there is a lot of whispers (well, sometimes literally) of the void, shadow, old gods or whatever throughout the expansion and I would be really surprised if they didn't settle on going in that direction. It's maybe less likely that they changed their mind, because Argus is highly void-themed, so it's likely that they really *are* setting the tone for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is still on a Hello Kitty themed expansion. After Pandaland, it's entirely possible...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    My money is still on a Hello Kitty themed expansion. After Pandaland, it's entirely possible...
    Well the idea of a Taylor Swift themed expansion was quite popular back when we were waiting for the gamescom reveal.

I think I'm ready to make another guess. I still want an Azshara expansion, but I've been wrong about that guess for so long that I can't really commit to it anymore. On the other hand, I've speculated that the Void has a connection to the Lich King for awhile, and I'm feeling like things are heading in that direction, so I'm going to elaborate on that for now.

So my guess here is that Bolvar will make his move. It looks like Wrath of the Lich King 2.0 at first (though probably more in-universe than to the audience), with the Scourge re-appearing and invading. The world is pretty upset that there's a new Lich King and that they're not getting the chance to relax from the Legion, so they're not putting up with this. The main goal is to make sure there's no more of this "needing a Lich King" thing. So a few heroes do some research and discover (perhaps from Kel'thuzad?) that the Lich Kings have been tethered to the Void, and that's why both Ner'zhul and Arthas were holding back ( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2721372142 ). The next step is to find some way to sever this tether, and it ends up involving entering a Void realm (perhaps with Vol'jin and Bwonsamdi's assistance) and freeing Ner'zhul and Arthas' spirits from that infinite darkness (this doesn't resurrect them, just lets them move on).

This all happens relatively early on, however. Sylvanas gets pretty upset that we just had to help Arthas, and then the full truth of the situation is revealed. The Void has always ultimately been connected to the Lich King. Perhaps Kil'jaeden even created the Lich King to begin with not just as a pawn, but a way to hold the Void back on Azeroth (the real reason there always needed to be a Lich King and the Scourge would go rampant). N'Zoth is pretty good at corrupting the once-noble, but each of the Lich King hosts managed to resist just enough to fail at being a true asset. Thus N'Zoth's plan was to get us to free the powers of the Lich King from the host, in order for him to bestow them upon someone much more willing: Sylvanas.

Sylvanas is lured by the chance at a true immortality and freedom from her fate to inflict all of the things she was afraid of on those she wants revenge on. A large chunk for the Forsaken remain with her, and reveal the second stage of N'Zoth's plan: recruit someone who had an established presence and an established army, who could cause instant chaos worldwide without having to build up like Ner'zhul had to in Lordaeron. Nathanos, on the other hand, says enough is enough and betrays Sylvanas, forcing her out of Lordaeron before she fully establishes herself, freeing the rest of the Forsaken (and unlocking paladin as a class option for them) and moving Sylvanas to a base of operations more suiting to the next villain and their army.

In other words, we end up getting a Void expansion with a large group of undead enemies, rather than just another undead expansion. I don't necessarily expect that to all happen and exactly in those ways, but I think explaining the path of the plot gets the idea across better. I don't mean this to hate on Sylvanas either (I liked her at the Broken Shore and in those cutscenes), but I feel like Bolvar is a little too direct and too redundant (it would be really hard to not just make that Wrath 2.0 in the most boring way possible), yet I feel like something is going to happen with the undead. Also, my guesses always turn out wrong, which means that this probably will be an Azshara expansion after all. ;P
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-04 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    This all happens relatively early on, however. Sylvanas gets pretty upset that we just had to help Arthas, and then the full truth of the situation is revealed. The Void has always ultimately been connected to the Lich King. Perhaps Kil'jaeden even created the Lich King to begin with not just as a pawn, but a way to hold the Void back on Azeroth (the real reason there always needed to be a Lich King and the Scourge would go rampant). N'Zoth is pretty good at corrupting the once-noble, but each of the Lich King hosts managed to resist just enough to fail at being a true asset. Thus N'Zoth's plan was to get us to free the powers of the Lich King from the host, in order for him to bestow them upon someone much more willing: Sylvanas.

Sylvanas is lured by the chance at a true immortality and freedom from her fate to inflict all of the things she was afraid of on those she wants revenge on. A large chunk for the Forsaken remain with her, and reveal the second stage of N'Zoth's plan: corrupt someone who had an established presence and an established army, who could cause instant chaos worldwide without having to build up like Ner'zhul had to in Lordaeron. Nathanos, on the other hand, says enough is enough and betrays Sylvanas, forcing her out of Lordaeron before she fully establishes herself, freeing the rest of the Forsaken (and unlocking paladin as a class option for them) and moving Sylvanas to a base of operations more suiting to the next villain and their army.
    The problem is Undead are immune to the Old God's whispers (and their corruption), which is why they have been living happily in Lordaeron regardless of Zakajz's whispers for a long time. The same whispers that expelled the High Elves from the area during their exodus.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

We've got a hint from the devs. They said that at level 112 dragons will be incredibly important, it makes me think that the assault on Chromie was one big hint from Blizzard. Whoever it is can command or or at least get to work with them, liches, void creatures, dreadlords, nightmare creatures, and has a very strong grasp and understanding of how not only the Bronze Dragonflight works but the timeways too.

I have no clue who that would actually be, I don't know anyone that versatile or influential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop making these threads for the love of God...

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    The problem is Undead are immune to the Old God's whispers (and their corruption), which is why they have been living happily in Lordaeron regardless of Zakajz's whispers for a long time. The same whispers that expelled the High Elves from the area during their exodus.
    I didn't know that, but I think it could still work. I'm basing a lot of this on Ner'zhul's Void magic in Warlords of Draenor allowing him to essentially recreate his role as the Lich King. In other words, the Lich King itself doesn't necessarily have to be "corrupted", but wielding powers that give N'Zoth a back door. In the other case, it's willing. The undead minions don't have to be corrupted if their leader is working for the Void regardless.

Edit: I edited my previous post to say N'Zoth "recruited" rather than "corrupted" as that was more what I intended to mean anyway.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-04 at 09:30 PM.