Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zluul View Post
    Methods comp for avatar since they switched something up a bit: Prot warrior! (Justwait), guardian, 2(?) resto druids, hpaladin, holy priest, 1(?) balance druid, 3 hunters, 2 mages, 2 spriests, 5 rogues, warlock

Interesting to note is that Exorsus also have seemed to drop their brewmaster on Avatar, making them have either 2 warriors or one guardian
    Fucking lmao at all the idiots blindly parroting that Prot Warriors were bad going into ToS. Sco included.

So after 6 days of day-raiding Invective are 4/9

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If Fallen Avatar takes just another 80 days to kill it'll have taken as long as Yogg-Saron.
    Most guilds weren't even attempting Yogg-0. All the hype around Ulduar was Algalon. MMO-Champion covered the Algalon race every step of the way, just like how world first races are covered today. After Algalon was killed there were no more news posts about the world first race until Stars got Yogg-0.

It was not treated by the community like an end boss. It was treated like one of those random dungeon/raid achievements that only a small subsection of the community cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Korethas View Post
    Fucking lmao at all the idiots blindly parroting that Prot Warriors were bad going into ToS. Sco included.
    I'm sure for that particular boss war is good. High physical damage boss that needs crazy ST dps...both things prot war excels at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorraxe View Post
    Those days were over the day Paragon left the scene.
    The same Paragon that got beat by Method in BRF and HFC, then cried about Method having players smart enough to program a radar addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Most guilds weren't even attempting Yogg-0. All the hype around Ulduar was Algalon. MMO-Champion covered the Algalon race every step of the way, just like how world first races are covered today. After Algalon was killed there were no more news posts about the world first race until Stars got Yogg-0.

It was not treated by the community like an end boss. It was treated like one of those random dungeon/raid achievements that only a small subsection of the community cares about.
    Is that you Kungen? As I recall that was what Ensidia said to make excuses about their world 4th while Paragon/Stars/Premo were killing it ahead of them. Exodus was pulling it for a long time before that since they got their bugged kill months before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Is that you Kungen? As I recall that was what Ensidia said to make excuses about their world 4th while Paragon/Stars/Premo were killing it ahead of them. Exodus was pulling it for a long time before that since they got their bugged kill months before.
    Well, Ensidia was right. I was pretty active on these forums back in Ulduar, and I saw virtually no Yogg-0 discussion before Stars killed it, then it was like this huge race to see who could get second kill after people started caring about it.

Maybe top guilds did care, maybe they didn't. The MMO-Champion community definitely didn't give a shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    No, that was the excuse spouted by Kungen/Ensidia and their insufferable fanboys after they got humiliated by Stars. Stammering that "W-we didn't even care about that boss anyway!"

Thankfully not long after that Paragon kicked their toxic, constantly exploiting asses into the trashcan of WoW history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    With the race lasting a week+ (or is looking like that at least) it becomes harder and harder to keep running it tho.
    Taking a week off from work for progression is doable but much longer might start to give problems for some guilds.
    Even a bigname guild like Method is unlikely to be able to sustain having 20 raiders take free time from work that might have to be compensated.
    Method straight up pays their players now. Lorgok and Sloot were talking about it on stream like 2 months ago. Well, Sloot was streaming, Lorgok was in chat. Lorgok said that he wasn't going to say the exact amount, but it's more than 1000 euros per month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korethas View Post
    No, that was the excuse spouted by Kungen/Ensidia and their insufferable fanboys after they got humiliated by Stars. Stammering that "W-we didn't even care about that boss anyway!"

Thankfully not long after that Paragon kicked their toxic, constantly exploiting asses into the trashcan of WoW history.
    I remember things very differently. I remember a lot of threads after the news post but before Ensidia made a statement, where people were asking WTF Yogg-0 is and why this matters.

I'm not defending Ensidia. I think Kungen is one of the biggest jokes in wow history. I genuinely don't remember this forum community giving a fuck about Yogg-0.

I mean, an 80 day progression cycle is insane. This is 123 pages after less than a week of mythic progress. Surely if the community cared, there's a 1k+ page progression thread you could link. Hell, I think the hype for an 80 day boss would be so high a thread like that would reach 2-3k pages these days. Just show me the evidence that the hype was there and I will admit I was wrong.

I don't know much about current tank dps rankings, so i'm just going off general perception - could it be that the reason both guilds use prot warriors is not their def abilities, but their dps? Especially comparing to brewmasters, who are always behind when it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink89 View Post
    Alpha's RL leaves few comments on Chinese forum. He thinks that Avatar is poorly designed. There is no place for non-rogue melees.
    "There is no place for non-rogue melees" was kinda obvious even on easier levels, most of the fights are ST and feature a lot of soaking and running. I even mentioned it on of the first few pages before progress even started.
    Last edited by FareweII; 2017-07-03 at 12:18 AM.

Yeah, that's what I feared. Much as people whine that Nighthold was melee-favored, it meant there was a place for non-Rogue melees. When you design a fight that punishes melee's DPS (padding on Maiden excluded) and requires soaking, it's a one-way ticket to Roguesvilles. Wouldn't be surprised if KJ is similar given all the soaking and raidwide damage that goes out, albeit the burst DPS requirements do favor some melee specs.

anyone else posted yet that Avatar requires 2 mil DPS per person?

i think we can all relax for the week.

What I think is going to happen is blizzard is going come back to work after a weekend and nerf his HP again by 5-10% and then with next week's gear we'll see a kill.

Memento figured something out. Expect a kill no later than Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    anyone else posted yet that Avatar requires 2 mil DPS per person?

i think we can all relax for the week.
    What's the math behind that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I say this every thread

I'm waiting for them to say its mathematically impossible, only to have some unknown guild do it.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Seeing this "requires X DPS = impossible right now" reminds me of Yogg+0

It's not exactly hard to figure out the math you know... I can't do it myself since i don't know the mythic timers

Add the time that it takes for 4 maiden shields (= phase 1) + the time for 4 rupture realities (= phase 2)

Add the boss hp + 20% of maiden hp.

Divide total hp / total time for glodal dps requirement. Calculate dps per person based on setup. GG

It wouldn't surprise me of 2M per person is actually a legit requirement.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just stack x10 dps of "insert class here" and its easy.

Seeing this "requires X DPS = impossible right now" reminds me of C'thun. Yeah that's right, I was around for the C'thun race because I'm cool like that. But it's not a big deal tbh, I just wanted to make sure that you guys know I'm a veteran WoW player.