Poll: How will the void attack in 8.0

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Same as every other expansion:
    idontcare justtakemymoney™

Going back to Azeroth with the potentially revived pantheon to do battle with the forces of the void (including old gods and naga) to awaken the titan Azeroth.

Then one more cosmic expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I think we'll go to another planet next expansion.

I think while we're away the old gods will play.

Expansion after will be that with rest of south seas, world revamped for scaling, and full open world (as in we can fly from continent to continent ourselves) since all of Azeroth will be in game at this point.
    We are going to another planet next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Going back to Azeroth with the potentially revived pantheon to do battle with the forces of the void (including old gods and naga) to awaken the titan Azeroth.

Then one more cosmic expansion.
    Why would we want to awaken the thing inside the egg we are living on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why would we want to awaken the thing inside the egg we are living on?
    We don't know exactly what happen to the planet when a titan is born. Blizzard is clearly pushing to have Azeroths titan do something. Do you honestly think we just let it sit there without seeing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    We don't know exactly what happen to the planet when a titan is born. Blizzard is clearly pushing to have Azeroths titan do something. Do you honestly think we just let it sit there without seeing it?
    We know that every other Titan we've ever seen does not look like a planet, and that the titan Azeroth is largely responsible for the abundance of power and magic on the planet, and that removing a much smaller Old God from the planet tore a hole in the side of the world and destroyed half of the supercontinent that used to exist. That alone is enough for me to think that maybe waking her up isn't a great idea.

We also know that she's been tethered to Old Gods for tens of thousands of years and that the only person we know of as having allegedly spoken with directly with her might very well be compromised and unknowingly be working to benefit the Old Gods and Void.

We know that every other Titan we've ever seen does not look like a planet, and that the titan Azeroth is largely responsible for the abundance of power and magic on the planet, and that removing a much smaller Old God from the planet tore a hole in the side of the world and destroyed half of the supercontinent that used to exist. That alone is enough for me to think that maybe waking her up isn't a great idea.

We also know that she's been tethered to Old Gods for tens of thousands of years and that the only person we know of as having allegedly spoken with directly with her might very well be compromised and unknowingly be working to benefit the Old Gods and Void.
    I should clarify, our mission will be to cleanse her before she's born, lest she be born an intergalactic version of deathwing.

Instead we get a super ultimate paladin titan, the antithesis of the shadow titan the void is trying to create.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Just going to copy and paste something from a different thread. Void/Azshara are memes

Wrath of the Lich King 2
    The fucking NERVE...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    The fucking NERVE...
    I'm hyped, aren't you?

If we do another timetravel expo. Something about the black empire would be cool. Helping the titans and the keepers subjugate all the old gods and lock them in their prisons. Or going back to the pinnacle of the troll empire and help them shatter the Aqir empires after the old gods are bound. Though I would rather we get stranded in the great dark after argus and spend a few expos planet hopping to get back to Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    If we do another timetravel expo. Something about the black empire would be cool. Helping the titans and the keepers subjugate all the old gods and lock them in their prisons. Or going back to the pinnacle of the troll empire and help them shatter the Aqir empires after the old gods are bound. Though I would rather we get stranded in the great dark after argus and spend a few expos planet hopping to get back to Azeroth.
    Yeah, no thanks on all of that.

Going back in time is boring for an expansion. That stuff is best showcased through scenarios and the like, assuming it needs to be showcased at all.

With regard to spending "a few expos planet hopping to get back to Azeroth" why? Do you want the story to be detached from the proper Warcraft Universe for that long? An expansion is going to last ~2 years on average. I certainly don't want to be doing irrelevant nonsense for at least two years, while waiting for more interesting stories on Azeroth to get picked up. Trudging through asspulled lore for that long sounds awful.

I don't think that the planet itself is the titan but only contains it. If we look at the 7.3 raid the last boss is Argus, the unmaker who is probably the titan born from Argus. We don't know what happens if a titan is born. It could be that Argus is in it's current state because of the Legion or because the titan Argus was born.

As for the next expansion it's pretty clear that we will get something with old gods and the void. In emerald nightmare we have the whispers N'zoth is planing something and in the nighthold we have star augur who uses the nightwell to show us the future. He shows us an uncorrupted world, then a fel infested world and then a world that's infested with old gods and the void. The question is if it's our planet or another planet. It could be that with killing or defeating Argus, the unmaker that the planet Argus gets corrupted by the old gods or voidlords and we have to then spend our time on Argus to defeat the old gods.

They could use it as a filler expansion with just new race/class combinations and a lot more creative freedom because we know so little about Argus. Azshara and N'zoth then could be the focus of the expansion after that.

The infested planet also could be Azeroth. If we look at how stories are written our hero has to be broken. At the moment we have the highest rank our class can get and are at the pinnacle of our power. Classic storywriting dictates that we have to loose everything next and work our way up again. Turalyon says that they are fighting against the Legion for thousands of years. Does he mean the army of light in general or he specifically? If time works different on Argus it could mean that in the time we spent there to defeat the Legion N'zoth and Azshara had maybe hundreds of years time to infest and corrupt the planet. Blizzard would't need to do a new revamp of the whole world but could only create new, corrupted zones and leave the old zones as they are like they did in all expansions besides Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    They could use it as a filler expansion with just new race/class combinations and a lot more creative freedom because we know so little about Argus. Azshara and N'zoth then could be the focus of the expansion after that.
    Hazzikostas flat-out said today that Argus won't be an expansion. He also stated that "Dragons will be very relevant at 112" alluding to the idea that the "Deaths of Chromie" scenario is actually a glimpse of the future.

They're building up 3 possible expansions

- Northrend 2
    - Old gods/Azshara
    - Army of the light and going to new planet/s

They're all plausible, but the latter 2 seem more likely, with the last seeming most likely based on the 7.3 updated models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They're building up 3 possible expansions

- Northrend 2
    - Old gods/Azshara
    - Army of the light and going to new planet/s

They're all plausible, but the latter 2 seem more likely, with the last seeming most likely based on the 7.3 updated models.
    Half of the Scourge was updated in 7.2, though. Plus, given Hazzikostas' comments regarding "Deaths of Chromie" today, I don't think it's particularly far-fetched or unlikely to have WotLK 2 come next.

Half of the Scourge was updated in 7.2, though. Plus, given Hazzikostas' comments regarding "Deaths of Chromie" today, I don't think it's particularly far-fetched or unlikely to have WotLK 2 come next.
    I don't either. It really could be any of them. There is ways to make them all work as the next one.

Or it could be something out of left field.

Hazzikostas flat-out said today that Argus won't be an expansion. He also stated that "Dragons will be very relevant at 112" alluding to the idea that the "Deaths of Chromie" scenario is actually a glimpse of the future.
    What exactly is happening in the Chromie scenarios? I did not play them and tbh I don't plan to because I just don't care. But Eternal Dragonflight and Dragons (and Lich King 2.0) doesn't sound very promising as the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What exactly is happening in the Chromie scenarios? I did not play them and tbh I don't plan to because I just don't care. But Eternal Dragonflight and Dragons (and Lich King 2.0) doesn't sound very promising as the next expansion.
    Nah, it (Specifically the Lich King bit) sounds extraordinarily neat. Mainly because I've flat-out accepted that this game peaked in Wrath.

With regard to the scenario specifically, the idea is that Chromie discovers a plot to assassinate her. The player and Chromie travel a short distance forward in time, to Wyrmrest Temple (the site of her assassination) to investigate.

Essentially, you find out two things:
    -Dragonshrines are being assaulted, and are staging grounds for a four-way assassination of Chromie
    -Chromie in the past is also under threat. Basically, the assassination attempt happens to five different Chromies: A single future Chromie, and 4 past Chromies. Just for good measure.

-The Green Dragonshrine is afflicted by the Nightmare, due to a Satyr determined to kill Chromie
    -The Blue Dragonshrine hosts a Void Lord who is set to take part in the assassination
    -The Ruby Dragonshrine is under siege by an army of "recently active" undead, led by a Lich trying to kill Chromie
    -The Obsidian Dragonshrine (Where Wrathion is [He has a suspiciously innocent reason for being in Northrend]) harbors a Dreadlord, who commands more undead. The Dreadlord wants to kill Chromie.

After you stop the four Dragonshrine assaults and assassins, you go back to four separate points in time:

-Culling of Stratholme: A Nerubian has imprisoned Chromie and is trying to kill her.
    -Battle of Andorhal: Chromie is trapped inside a ruined Town Hall, the Alliance and Horde forces want her dead.
    -Well of Eternity: A Doomguard has wounded Chromie
    -Mount Hyjal (Cata Era): A Molten Giant has wounded Chromie

The only hint as to the person orchestrating the plot on Chromie's life lies in a letter looted from one of the boxes in the scenario. It reads:

kill the dragon kill the dragon kill the DRAGON

it's not a gnome, it's a DRAGON

not even a good dragon

SLAY THE DRAGON

crossed the timeways one too many times, didn't you? made a few enemies? maybe caused a paradox you couldn't reconcile?

the demons, the elementals, the humans and orcs... they're all on MY SIDE NOT YOURS

NOW YOU'VE GONE AND DONE IT, WHELP.
    --[Scribbled Ravings]

*snip*
    Thanks for clearing that up. Well, now I'm even more convinced that we really don't need anymore time warp / time travel / dimension twisting bs. WoD was enough. The Chromie stuff going back and forth in time sounds neat as some kind of off-topic content in WoW but nothing for a new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. Well, now I'm even more convinced that we really don't need anymore time warp / time travel / dimension twisting bs. WoD was enough. The Chromie stuff going back and forth in time sounds neat as some kind of off-topic content in WoW but nothing for a new expansion.
    I don't want time-travel, but given the threads currently pointing to Northrend, I don't think it'll be heavily involved if we actually are fortunate enough to relive Wrath.

I think the biggest takeaways from the Deaths of Chromie scenario at this point are the glimpses of the future it shows (Wrathion suspiciously in Northrend, Dreadlords surviving the Legion and enthralling the dead, a more active undead presence in Northrend, etc.), and that Hazzikostas said, yesterday, that "Dragons will be relevant at 112." Which would suggest that Deaths of Chromie actually does offer some glimpse of a future.

I certainly don't think it's justification for an Infinite Dragonflight or other time travel expansion, though.

Warcraft for me is about High-Fantasy i.e. AZEROTH, Dwarves, Elves, Wizards, Gryffons (i.e. mythical creatures) etc. not this World of Starcraft that we're getting. I know that as early on as TBC science-fiction elements made their way into the game, but I really don't want WoW to turn into Starcraft (Void Lords = Amon) and travelling to different worlds with spaceships and defeating ridiculous evils. :-/

I hope they tune it down a bit with a South Seas Azshara/N'Zoth or Lich King 2.0 expansion on Azeroth...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator