Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Other people who are taking a break after doing full mythic run.
    Earlier people have mentioned only 0.5% to 5% of players progress through mythic. 95-99.5% of players then would be in the same boat as you, you don't think that together you could progress through it? Why the need to rely on the 0.5%-5% who have already done it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    What do you consider content then? As long as there's something to progress towards there is content, so if you've gotten through heroic, what stops you from progressing through mythic for the 12+ months that you have time to?
    This thread is not discussing what we all define as content, going by your thread title that is what we are discussing as content, no?

Mythic + raids.

Which still justifies my last question.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    This thread is not discussing what we all define as content, going by your thread title that is what we are discussing as content, no?

Mythic + raids.

Which still justifies my last question.
    I'm curious, we can talk about other things. But I would say yes, for the 3-5% who get through it, it is absolutely content. They are already doing the "same" content on a higher difficulty, clearly the mentality that they have completed it on normal/heroic means nothing to them like it seemingly does for others, so if they have completed it and have nothing left to do, this will give them something more that will cost basically nothing for Blizzard, and will hold them off until more content becomes available in the next expansion or whatnot.

If anything it could just be +1, and that would give them a ceiling that doesn't keep rising.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-07-03 at 09:53 AM.

I don't think it's necessary. Mythics as a dungeon works well as overall there's less things to manage overall. Could you imagine the sheer amount of fuck ups with 20 people trying to deal with boss mechanics on top of say Quaking when you have to stack up behind a pillar in Goroth? It's not plausible or worht the effort of changing entire raid mechanics to suit it.

I understand adding a little spice and flavour so not everyone has cleared Mythic so fast and whatnot but that solution is wasted time on better things like content past the raid and future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I don't think it's necessary. Mythics as a dungeon works well as overall there's less things to manage overall. Could you imagine the sheer amount of fuck ups with 20 people trying to deal with boss mechanics on top of say Quaking when you have to stack up behind a pillar in Goroth? It's not plausible or worht the effort of changing entire raid mechanics to suit it.

I understand adding a little spice and flavour so not everyone has cleared Mythic so fast and whatnot but that solution is wasted time on better things like content past the raid and future patches.
    It could work differently, maybe it's just tweaking damage and health rather than adding crazy mechanics.

Yeah 4 raid difficulties are not enough... let's create fake content by increasing health pool and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah 4 raid difficulties are not enough... let's create fake content by increasing health pool and damage.
    What is wrong with adding "fake content" in the event of having another long content drought? It costs the developers nearly nothing to implement, thus it wouldn't delay the expansion or any other "real content" and it gives players more to do. Win win.

Deleted
    It costs the developers nearly nothing to implement, thus it wouldn't delay the expansion or any other "real content" and it gives players more to do. Win win.
    Not win win, as it would still only be a small percentage of the playerbase that would experience it. And it wouldn't help nearly as much as expected, because players do still quit etc during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Not win win, as it would still only be a small percentage of the playerbase that would experience it. And it wouldn't help nearly as much as expected, because players do still quit etc during that period.
    What is the damage though? Even if only one guild experienced it, that gave those players that experience. Meanwhile Blizzard barely has to do anything, so they aren't hurt either.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the damage though? Even if only one guild experienced it, that gave those players that experience. Meanwhile Blizzard barely has to do anything, so they aren't hurt either.
    One guild?
    Out of all the guilds in the world that play WoW?

Well to be fair here, if Blizzard were to implement content for only 3 to 5% of the playerbase, then they would feel the hurt, leaving the rest of the playerbase with a 12 mth content drought (using your argument here for discussion sake).
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

People dont care about extra difficulties. As is I have massive problems finding people willing to go the extra mile to clean mythic. as in people that play well their class and log in 3 times a week. Many of my contacts just log in, clean normal and stop until next raid. They do not give a rats ass about heroic or mythic. And you want to add extra difficulties for who? Already less than 2% of players do raid mythic, so who do you want to cater extra difficulty for? Sorry mate, does not make any sense.

If anything blizzard should come back to 2 difficulties and reduce raid size to 10. It is no wonder that woltk was so popular. easy raiding, easy gearing, good lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    One guild?
    Out of all the guilds in the world that play WoW?

Well to be fair here, if Blizzard were to implement content for only 3 to 5% of the playerbase, then they would feel the hurt, leaving the rest of the playerbase with a 12 mth content drought (using your argument here for discussion sake).
    Well it's not like they're creating an entire raid that only 1% actually even entered like Naxxramas, there's no essentially no cost, so I don't see why anyone would be hurt that they add another difficulty level when they aren't even doing it on the existing highest difficulty as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no, we need fewer difficulties if anything.

Deleted
    Compare the numbers of people who continue the game up to the maximum difficulty to those who exit the progression race at some point before max difficulty and you will see that adding m+ raid will not solve the content drought problem at all regarding the wide player base.

Many people are not interested in repeating the same dungeons and raids over and over just because they get a harder difficulty, slightly different mob behavior or better loot. I surely will not. I can come to farm transmog and mounts some expansions later in solo mode or with a friend. I don't have time for epeen bullshit anymore. And while I love to beat single player games in their hardest difficulty, having to play with more than 4 other people in a group is an monumental task for me already, because organising schedules becomes harder with every year, when you have to manage job, chores, other hobbies and friends. I bet even guilds suffer from that phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    People dont care about extra difficulties. As is I have massive problems finding people willing to go the extra mile to clean mythic. as in people that play well their class and log in 3 times a week. Many of my contacts just log in, clean normal and stop until next raid. They do not give a rats ass about heroic or mythic. And you want to add extra difficulties for who? Already less than 2% of players do raid mythic, so who do you want to cater extra difficulty for? Sorry mate, does not make any sense.

If anything blizzard should come back to 2 difficulties and reduce raid size to 10. It is no wonder that woltk was so popular. easy raiding, easy gearing, good lore.
    I've asked this earlier, but no one answered. Do you think that the inclusion of raid difficulties has made people less prone to doing properly tuned raids? To clarify, because there's LFR, normal, heroic and mythic, people are less likely to do anything higher than LFR or maybe normal just because they "did it", even though they're really a lot easier than they should be? Kind of like if you played through any other game through Easy mode, you might not play it again on Normal mode or higher because you've already gone through the game.

Do you think it would be smart for Blizzard to reduce it to something like normal and heroic, making heroic more akin to mythic now?

What if instead of lower difficulties, there were 5-man raids where the difficulty is still higher, but it's easier to form a group?

I think that Blizzard, as well as a lot of the community, have this impression that casuals want easier difficulty, but in reality just want more accessibility and less time investment, which I think a 5-man raid could accomplish.

I know someone is going to mention that 5-man removes the fantasy of a "raid", but we've already dropped down immensely from 40 man groups, and I don't think that the large number of players really adds to it, especially if it just makes it more difficult for players to actually do it not on a ridiculously easy difficulty.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-07-03 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    Time spent on developing any feature, no matter how small it may seem or easy to implement, is still time it takes away from everything else. And trust me, your proposal is NOT just a 5-minute job of one developer that can really just do it in his lunchbreak if he wants to. Each affix has to be balanced and tested for raidmobs, even if the system is in place for dungeonmobs. And then they have to make sure that nothing else breaks in the process, as has happened many times before.

And really? Your own words, "even if only one guild experienced it", makes you seem silly. You know damn well that it's not a good idea to implement stuff for 0.000001% of the population when you have 60% that is bored and the remaining 39.99% that just play because they have nothing better to do.

By that logic, m+ 5 mans mean that we'll never run out of content as well.

Mythic raiders are a vanishing minority, they should rather get rid of m raiding and focus on content more players will participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    By that logic, m+ 5 mans mean that we'll never run out of content as well.

Mythic raiders are a vanishing minority, they should rather get rid of m raiding and focus on content more players will participate in.
    Kind of, I mean there's definitely a lot more people still running dungeons than there were in Warlords, and that was made simply by that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love those but they'll have to get rid of a lot of difficulties which are redundant anyway
    at least mythic+ gives a more appropriate point to the redundance
    no timer is needed at all though for this

people who already see content as 1 clean regardless of difficulty won't bother more or less than they currently do

and it's important to keep high end pve even if it's too hard or little players participate
    a team of 100 players can inspire and drive 5 millions of players to be like them. that's how it works
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-07-03 at 10:43 AM.

It could work differently, maybe it's just tweaking damage and health rather than adding crazy mechanics.
    That's an idea I suppose but isn't that what LFR and normal do?

I guess they could add other things in entirely like the Chromie thing in terms of a solo pursuit with a leadership board like Challenge Mode was based on using dungeons that are edited for a set role like tank, healer, ranged or melee? I guess like artifact skins but a little different.