Pokemon Master Quest Mobile: How is this not a thing?

What if they adapted the old pokemon games for mobile phones like they did with Final Fantasy 1- 6 and then linked them all together as expansions of a single game?

Pokemon Master Quest would be broken into 12 patches a year, 1 gym / elite 4 a month and a "champion tournament" at each 1 year anniversary.
    IE:
    Patch 1.0 - Brock
    Patch 1.1 - Misty
    etc
    patch 1.12 - Draco and Gary
    Patch 2.0 - Falkner

Pokemon could be leveled 1-100 but they would have a "star" quality too, essentially, reset progression in the new expansion. IE: Charizard lv 82 * would be weak in the Johto region unless you spend a "mega stone", which could be obtained through events and certain quests like beating Gary, which would bring Charizard down to lv 1 **, the second star would allow him to fight in Johto without being debuffed.

You could have weekend events like the Safari Zone, Bug Catching contest, Beauty contest, etc where you do stuff and are ranked against other players.
    There could be a weekly pvp thing where you fight AI versions of people's teams. You could also choose to fight a friend.

How is this not a thing already? The technology is here. Game developers have done similar things to great effect. I would love to be able to play a pokemon where I can play through ALL THE ZONES and catch ALL THE POKEMON.

Sigh.
    Last edited by RoninaThorstone; 2017-07-03 at 04:41 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Nintendo isn't the smartest.

on one hand...this seems fun and promising..on the other...all the microtransactions...*shudders* also I feel this may go like Pokemon Go where everyones all gun ho for the first gen...then ...gonna say somewhere after Koga in Gen 1 that its gonna stifle and start to lose popularity.

Also not really sure about the monthly gym thing...I mean unless you do things to stretch the content incredibly since in the original game (even when just starting out) you could beat the first 3 gyms in an afternoon it would be go in ...level a bit, beat Brock, grind a crapton until next patch, beat Misty in like an hour into the next month. (I'm assuming Mount Moon would be locked out for the first month) then rinse and repeat forever....You will likely have an entire team of level 100 pokemon by Lt Surge simply out of bordem.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    What if they adapted the old pokemon games for mobile phones like they did with Final Fantasy 1- 6 and then linked them all together as expansions of a single game?

Pokemon Master Quest would be broken into 12 patches a year, 1 gym / elite 4 a month and a "champion tournament" at each 1 year anniversary.
    IE:
    Patch 1.0 - Brock
    Patch 1.1 - Misty
    etc
    patch 1.12 - Draco and Gary
    Patch 2.0 - Falkner

Pokemon could be leveled 1-100 but they would have a "star" quality too, essentially, reset progression in the new expansion. IE: Charizard lv 82 * would be weak in the Johto region unless you spend a "mega stone", which could be obtained through events and certain quests like beating Gary, which would bring Charizard down to lv 1 **, the second star would allow him to fight in Johto without being debuffed.

You could have weekend events like the Safari Zone, Bug Catching contest, Beauty contest, etc where you do stuff and are ranked against other players.
    There could be a weekly pvp thing where you fight AI versions of people's teams. You could also choose to fight a friend.

How is this not a thing already? The technology is here. Game developers have done similar things to great effect. I would love to be able to play a pokemon where I can play through ALL THE ZONES and catch ALL THE POKEMON.

Sigh.
    this only sells one game, nintendo sells the same guy 30 times over

edit: best for user =/= best profit

Nintendo (Read, Pokemon Company, from my understanding it's Nintendo just owns the majority of the shares in Pokemon, they don't technically own Pokemon itself) has clearly already been against making a game on a Nintendo console that does this, why would they bother shoving it onto a phone?

Nintendo needs you to keep wanting individual Pokemon (and Zelda) games so that you can keep buying their hardware, and likely the other games they release that you wouldn't buy if you didn't already have the hardware.

How many people do you think would buy a 3DS if it wasn't for Pokemon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile games are trash designed to trap people with low self control on a treadmill spending cash for very little depth of gameplay.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    on one hand...this seems fun and promising..on the other...all the microtransactions...*shudders* also I feel this may go like Pokemon Go where everyones all gun ho for the first gen...then ...gonna say somewhere after Koga in Gen 1 that its gonna stifle and start to lose popularity.

Pokemon go lost popularity due to horrible design and choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Pokemon go lost popularity due to horrible design and choices.
    well that and the mobile game audience has the attention span of a gnat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Nintendo (Read, Pokemon Company, from my understanding it's Nintendo just owns the majority of the shares in Pokemon, they don't technically own Pokemon itself) has clearly already been against making a game on a Nintendo console that does this, why would they bother shoving it onto a phone?
    Nobody currently knows what the pokemon game for Switch is. It could be a pokemon game spanning all the regions or just a new region.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Nobody currently knows what the pokemon game for Switch is. It could be a pokemon game spanning all the regions or just a new region.
    Or just some garbage filler coliseum game until they finish a new handheld Pokemon game.