Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would absolutely despise any more time-travel bullshit a la WoD. Why can't the Old Gods just attack and win without jumping in time? Put a couple comics in and a cinematic and we're good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There is no warcraft 4 plans. It's time to accept that.
    Which is a pity, considering it's the one thing that might save this trainwreck of a story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i don't think they will do this as it would impact any sort of warcraft 4 plans that they would be working on.
    A man can dream.

Time travel expansion with a little gnome as main character of story? like srsly? its like worst idea imo! WoD was a fail concept and gnome are both annoying and laughable ! even when they are dragon .

Only time travel idea i find interesting is if we jump into future without being able to go back . AkA corner stone for revamping and updating the entire Azeroth to future.we are heroes of past that died in some epic battle and we lost the battle .now we go to future to see that we are dead and everything is changed and azeroth conquered by some force ( void/naga/or new villain) and we begin again from humble adventurer/soldier trying to liberate zone one by one .

In above scenario we could see big change like an actual city being built on undercity ruled by now corrupted human. all the playable races lost their capital and now are scattered through lands with small underground resistance camp.

Instead of empowering big artifact and launching huge attacks we are now fighting for bits and scraps to survive in this new order while slowly trying to take back some land.

It could setup plot for lots of future expansion

These were on top of my head and my opinion and some wishful thinking !

If WoD proved anything beyond a shadow of doubt, is that blizzard doesn't have a single clue on how to do Time Travel stories on a large scale.

So no offense, but I hope this is NOT the direction they're going. One shitty time-traveling expansion was enough, thank you.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

One thing I would add is current Wrathion. I'd be just as interested to see him see how he turns out as I would with Anduin.

Man I hope this is so wrong, I'd hate this more than wod's storyline (which I hated a lot).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Expect less. Enjoy more.
    Cata set my expectations very low. Look at where we are now.

Deleted
    I think a big problem with this is that people will care less about a world that isn't our own. A more interesting way of doing the Void expansion with time travel could be if the future travels back to see us.

After Argus and the death of Sargeras, Azeroth get some years without any external threat. Isn't the story that Sargeras created the Legion to battle the voidlords? And that his twisted way of doing that was by killing every planet so that there were no planets left for the void to corrupt? So now that the legion is gone the voidlords can grow stronger in the shadows without being stopped. So Azeroth starts focusing on their own problems and before we even notice them the voidlords grow way to strong for us to handle. So that reality, maybe 10-20 years in the future is lost and they travel back to the past (the reality we are in just after defeating Sargeras) to warn us about the danger.

They point us to whatever new zone blizzard wants us to go to, maybe some other planet or maybe the depths of Azeroth to battle Azshara. So the voidlords are already incredibly strong but now they are not yet unstoppable. Like this we get to stay in our own timeline and we still get those interesting character cashes that OP was talking about.

That being said i think its more likely to be an Aszhara focused expansion on Azeroth without time travel. Time traveling is only problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Krajzee View Post
    I think a big problem with this is that people will care less about a world that isn't our own. A more interesting way of doing the Void expansion with time travel could be if the future travels back to see us.

After Argus and the death of Sargeras, Azeroth get some years without any external threat. Isn't the story that Sargeras created the Legion to battle the voidlords? And that his twisted way of doing that was by killing every planet so that there were no planets left for the void to corrupt? So now that the legion is gone the voidlords can grow stronger in the shadows without being stopped. So Azeroth starts focusing on their own problems and before we even notice them the voidlords grow way to strong for us to handle. So that reality, maybe 10-20 years in the future is lost and they travel back to the past (the reality we are in just after defeating Sargeras) to warn us about the danger.

They point us to whatever new zone blizzard wants us to go to, maybe some other planet or maybe the depths of Azeroth to battle Azshara. So the voidlords are already incredibly strong but now they are not yet unstoppable. Like this we get to stay in our own timeline and we still get those interesting character cashes that OP was talking about.

That being said i think its more likely to be an Aszhara focused expansion on Azeroth without time travel. Time traveling is only problematic.
    I like it tbh, There must always be a Burning Legion! Because the alternative is much much worse apparently, so we, in the future come back in time to the time we are defeating the legion in Argus and warn ourselves that defending Azeroth from them is enough, if we destroy them for good, the entire universe will be in a much worse shape...

Future time travel wouldn't be so bad, at least we'll get some new characters or maybe young characters like Anduin will get old and become the leaders, etc

7+ Year Old Account
    What a terrific idea.. we love time travels...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

We already had a time travel expansion. It was poorly received.

People talk about WoD as if the problem was the story/timetravel...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Problem with future time travel is how do you realistically sell any expansions set after the current as a threat when we know we survive to that future point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please no time travel ;_:

Deleted
    Tinfoil hat on:
    The explosion of Argus finally kills off Sargearas (who is approaching the planet) and we get trapped in time (with our artifacts sacrificing themselves for us)...
    In the next expansion we are awoken from this state 60 years in the future.

That way we ...puts on sunglasses... travel trough time, without traveling trough time!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played every xpac but majority pvp. Just curious why WoD was so bad story wise other than too many gosh darn orcs?

Also I like the idea of more ethereal story but not the idea of time travel
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

potential titles for next xpac
    World(s) of Warcraft
    World of Warcraft: In Space!
    World of Starwarcraft
    World of Warcraft: Toons in Time & Space
    World of Warcraft: Back to the Future
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Another time based expansion would legitimately kill wow after the massive negativity that was wod
    Wrath baby and proud of it