Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Seems to me that he is an awesome President with a great sense of humor
    He's apparently also the dude that can start WW3 if you make a joke about his momma...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think it's fair for Trump to treat the media like the media treats him. If a CNN employee is allowed to tweet a picture of a decapitated President Trump, then Trump should be able to tweet a gif of himself punching said media in the head. Sounds fair to me.
    Some offices are held to higher standards regardless of what kind of mud is slung at them. It's not his job to deal with "offenders" personally. It may be fun the first time for comic relief, the second time you shrug it off as silly again, however the thousandth time you have to ask whether he's the janitor of an asylum or actually a presidential impostor. If I had just woken up from cryo chamber right now then guess what I would have guessed.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fair for Trump to treat the media like the media treats him. If a CNN employee is allowed to tweet a picture of a decapitated President Trump, then Trump should be able to tweet a gif of himself punching said media in the head. Sounds fair to me.
    It's so cool when the President attacks a private citizen on social media - it's not presidential, it's modern day presidential.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

You do know that she was fired for doing that, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If modern day presidential is the same as 13 year old shit poster on tumblr then yes, yes it is.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, has WashPo retracted or issued a correction? Do you have a link for it? Or are you mistaking it with the CNN story from last week that was retracted and saw 3 of their journalists resign?
    The WaPo writer was reported by CNN to be walking back the Meuller investigation for obstruction, citing a correction from the source (leaker).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And then he posts a meme of him WWE fighting CNN...
    This is why we continue to see increased rhetoric and violence against journalists. Trump just can't get it through his thick head that his violent rhetoric is enabling his followers to act out and attack the "enemy"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I'm not a conservative. I believe in abortion. I believe women have the right to choose. I never want to see Roe v. Wade repealed.
    Just because you aren't in alignment with 100% of the GOP platform doesn't magically make you independent or whatever nonsense you claim to be.

I think people have a right to guns and think gun control, for the most part, is the wrong answer to the problem.

Does that make me not liberal?

- - - Updated - - -

On the subject of the original post -- the problem isn't Trump using social media. Obama used social media quite often and quite well. He probably set the stage for future presidents using various social media outlets to message and connect with constituents.

The problem is that Trump is using social media like a reality TV personality, not a president. And that's a problem.

When the proposed repercussions are merely calls for impeachment, try not to be disappointed when 2018 and 2020 yield similar outcomes.
    Lol, the repurcussions are a Republican agenda that's dead in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The WaPo writer was reported by CNN to be walking back the Meuller investigation for obstruction, citing a correction from the source (leaker).
    Cool, I'll repeat my question - do you have a link for that? I did some casual searching and couldn't turn anything up, and I'm interested in reading about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Twitter is having a hard enough time staying afloat as it is.

Plus you vastly overestimate Trump's following.
    Have you seen what happens when Trump tweets something controversial? The entire US media loses their collective mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Have you seen what happens when Trump tweets something controversial? The entire US media loses their collective mind.
    That doesn't translate into business success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post

Scott Adams is pretty funny

Deleted
    Well, i remember trying to get rid off the free press being "old school fascist", and not "modern day presidential".

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    This is why we continue to see increased rhetoric and violence against journalists.
    When its the President, its not 'increased rhetoric', its a lawful order that only takes one slightly off-in-the-head member of the military to kill a CNN journalist and then claim "well, my commander in chief announced that they were enemies of the state." and then produce the tweets as evidence.

I will accept that "simply" using social media could be "modern day presidential", but the manner in which Trump socializes (via media or otherwise) is not presidential at all, and lacks any respect for the office or the citizens.