Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Doesn't have to be, the rule of "permanent demon death" states, that it has to be either A: in the Twisting Nether or B: In a completely fel corrupted place. Guess what Argus is.
    Except that's not a rule which has ever held up. Outlands was in the Twisting Nether as far as the in-game map cares (if you fly over the chasms that would mean you're off the map, you're in the Twisting Nether), and we see some of the named demons (most notably, Kazzak in WoD) return.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    IMO, I think people are headcanoning Sargeras as even having toes. Every incarnation of him in official artwork has him lacking a physical body. He's made of constellations and magic and shit. He's made of constellations. I think the Titans aren't beings with form. They're omnipotent celestial objects, and Sarg is no different. Much like the avatar of Sargeras, I think these datamined models of the Titans are either holograms, memories or avatars. I don't think the Titans are even capable of being stabbed in the toe.
    The reason I don't agree with that assessment is that the Titans are the absolute pinnacle of Arcane Order. There is nothing more ordered than a solid, physical state, thus it wouldn't really make sense for them to be some ethereal, vague form. Look at all of their constructs and creations; they are solid, logical, rigid beings that are resistant to chaos and change. The Old Gods had to put a curse on their creations to create modern life. Even when the Titans expelled their own souls in the final battle with Sargeras, they immediately sought out solid hosts for them, which wouldn't make sense as ethereal beings.

They're also not really omnipotent, as there seemed to be plenty of things in the universe that they were unaware of, such as the Void Lord incursions into the physical realm via Old Gods, and there are plenty of things they can't do. Sargeras can't even divine the actual location of Azeroth against the backdrop of the Great Dark Beyond and thus has to work through intermediaries until he can figure this out. He's powerful enough in the sense that I'd imagine he could get their pretty damn fast if he knew the direct location, but not powerful enough to actually divine that information

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    My bet is on Sarg trying to get through the gateway, and then Illidan/someone else shutting it on him, cutting him in half and killing him.

it beats us somehow killing him by Dpsing his toes.
    He fell in love with the world soul of Azeroth. It wont be his toes that he will stick thru the portal first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    So are they abstract like Elune (as far as we know) or are they just keepers of Ulduar models scaled up so big we can talk to their toes?
    They are like transformers except magical planets instead of robotic cars.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    He fell in love with the world soul of Azeroth. It wont be his toes that he will stick thru the portal first.

- - - Updated - - -

They are like transformers except magical planets instead of robotic cars.
    Obviously his arm, reaching to respectfully hold her hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    My bet is on Sarg trying to get through the gateway, and then Illidan/someone else shutting it on him, cutting him in half and killing him.

it beats us somehow killing him by Dpsing his toes.
    I think the Sargerai Keystone's rift is enough to deal significant damage to Sargeras, but kill him? Thats another story.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Except that's not a rule which has ever held up. Outlands was in the Twisting Nether as far as the in-game map cares (if you fly over the chasms that would mean you're off the map, you're in the Twisting Nether), and we see some of the named demons (most notably, Kazzak in WoD) return.
    Outland is, however, older than that rule. Older gameplay isn't automatically corrected by newly written lore.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    Why do people think that demons will permanently die on Argus?

It is NOT the Twisting Nether.
    A demon is fundamentally a creature whose soul is bound to the Twisting Nether, and as such returns to that plane upon death. They can be truly killed only inside the Twisting Nether, or in places where its chaotic energies leak.
    Why do people still not get this after it has been stated 10000 times?

Argus is such a world!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Outland is, however, older than that rule. Older gameplay isn't automatically corrected by newly written lore.
    Yes, but Kazak's return came in Tanaan Jungle after the decision was made (the idea came in with Archimonde, and the rationale for his return).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The infamous Richard A. Knaak seemed to believe otherwise.

Aside from that, we have Aman'Thul squishing Y'shaarj like a bug.
    That was also back when the pantheon had to band together to seal away the OGs one by one, with an Old God having managed to kill a titan.

Then they slowly started nerfing the OGs in power and we have "titans are planets lul"

I just want Sargeras to step through that massive portal, then Azeroth to just spin a little and with a single swing of her fist just knocks him back, past Argus and into the twisting nether, then she goes back to sleep. Also then image of Illidan with jaw on the floor.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

So Kil'jaeden is not dead?
    He fulfilled his destiny by luring and deceiving the champions of Azeroth to Argus to kill them all off in one single glorious day..?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    My theory remains that Sargeras will show up in orbit to stop us, once we start ruining his toys on his most important planet, and then Illidan's plans come to fruition, and Argus is blown up like a fel grenade to take out Sargeras, with whole continents sent crashing into him.

Wouldn't be the end of Sargeras, as he's an expert at possession, and his soul would surely find a new host. This is Warcraft, after all. But it would end the threat of his planet-sized body. Which would be a major victory. Hell, with the portal to Azeroth open, it's even likely that he finds a new host on Azeroth. I vote for Odyn.

Either way, a Sargeras forced to be cunning is more interesting to me than a Sargeras big enough to punch a planet apart. Destroying his Titan form would be a great move, and nowhere would it be more credible than on Azeroth, given the power we've gathered with us, and the planet being too vital to him to just destroy to take us out.
    You do know Sargeras his finger is probably bigger than Argus, his blade seems to be around 8-10 times the length of a planet.

He can pretty much use his blade as a racket and send Argus back to Illidan LOL.

i imagine us vs sarg fight to be kind of like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I think the Sargerai Keystone's rift is enough to deal significant damage to Sargeras, but kill him? Thats another story.
    Don't think the keystone has enough power to hurt Sargeras either.

Gotta remember Sargeras is immune to fel, which is the main energy behind the Sargerite keystone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    You do know Sargeras his finger is probably bigger than Argus, his blade seems to be around 8-10 times the length of a planet.

He can pretty much use his blade as a racket and send Argus back to Illidan LOL.
    Sargeras isn't bigger than a planet. He is a planet, taking humanoid form. That's what Titans are.

Also his blade has been shattered in his first fight with Aggramar, when Aggramar found out what he was doing. It's why depictions of him since then have been with a broken blade. That part is true both in the old and new Titan lore.

He and Argus should be of similar mass. I don't know what happens to you when I blow a bomb that weighs as much as you up next to you, but I become dust, and so does my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Why do people still not get this after it has been stated 10000 times?

Argus is such a world!
    Because that a huge load of sh*t to be honest. Its a cop out to what was considered the most formidable force in the cosmos.

Lore wise its weak to say this broken ass place is a hub of ANY kind of power - let alone that having said 'power' resulting in the possibility of killing those demons who otherwise would be risen. hokey crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    That was also back when the pantheon had to band together to seal away the OGs one by one, with an Old God having managed to kill a titan.
    That was never the case. It was a 1v1 between C'Thun and an unnamed titan. It was a double KO, neither is stated to have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    Then they slowly started nerfing the OGs in power and we have "titans are planets lul"
    OGs were never all that powerful. We killed a fully awakened and free C'Thun. We killed an almost completely free Yogg. Y'Shaarj was originally stated to have been killed by the Mogu. Chronicle actually buffed Y'Shaarj.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So Kil'jaeden is not dead? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LECpfGw.jpg[IMG]
    He fulfilled his destiny by luring and deceiving the champions of Azeroth to Argus to kill them all off in one single glorious day..?
    see, this is what i'm wondering.

maybe the nether seeps into the orbit around argus though. who knows i guess.