10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I'm still surprised TD got in to the HoF, and I doubt it would have happened if Gale Sayers was not in. Davis was dominate in his basically 3 seasons, Tiki never was. Biggest reason is probably what he did in the playoffs in 97 and 98 though. I am kind of hoping they look at more guys that were at the top of their position before injuries stopped them (like Sterling Sharpe). Never can tell with the HoF voters, especially when there are all-decade team safeties not in yet and WRs and o-line get in every year.
    Are we talking about Atwater? He should be in.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Are we talking about Atwater? He should be in.
    LeRoy Butler as well. For some reason they ignore safeties that did not play corner. Krause was the last one that didn't play corner to be voted in and it took him until 20 years after retirement. Kenny Easley did just get in as a senior nominee though, so that is one for both short career and pure safety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I just look at it as a risk/reward type thing. MLB and NBA players don't typically have to worry about head injuries causing suicides in their 40's and 50's.
    NFL and NBA players are paid in respect to league worth (about half, respectively). The big roster size is the difference between the three.

When you play football, especially in these days... you acknowledge the risks. Thats why I didn't get those guys retiring early for the health risk associated with football.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to steal Dodger games anyway because of their bad cable deal. I haven't had cable in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...by-fox-sports/

Interesting couple of weeks at Fox Sports. Fired all writers shifting the website to video only content. People hated it, and now he gets fired. Should of been done a long time ago. Bringing in other networks' rejects to be your claim to fame isn't ideal or sustainable. It wasn't, so he tried to shoehorn it by firing the writing staff to force #hottaeks down your throat. Because everybody wants to listen to Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand these websites, I'm online to avoid that tv bullshit, I'm always growling at auto-playing videos while trying to read articles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand these websites, I'm online to avoid that tv bullshit, I'm always growling at auto-playing videos while trying to read articles.
    My Sports browser used to have NFL.com as the start page till they started doing that a few years ago. Big fat nope for me too. Now I basically never visit the site anymore unless linked to it from elsewhere, or during the season to check standings and so on.

That's the major benefit of twitter. All the news, without all the bullshit extras. I don't need longwinded video intros of hosts and reporters being introduced and talking about bullshit that's not relevant to the actual news being shared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who even listens to a video thats typically unrelated to the article you're trying to read? Like who thought that was a great idea to the point where its the norm on every site?

Thats after dodging the ads and redirects to the app store to download their shitty app on my phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Football news is so weak right now I kind of hope JPP blows off a few more fingers just so we have something to talk about"

DrawPlayDave on twitter (who is a Giants fan... )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "Football news is so weak right now I kind of hope JPP blows off a few more fingers just so we have something to talk about"

DrawPlayDave on twitter (who is a Giants fan... )
    That reminds me, got an email from my doctors office the other week reminding people of fireworks safety. Found it odd.

You say you want news now, but any news now is bad news. Unfortunately the most boring part of the league year also falls on the MLB all star break. Then the trade deadline starts right when NFL training camp starts, so a lot of shit going on then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    You say you want news now, but any news now is bad news.
    Nah, I'm fine the way it is, just sharing what the Draw Play said on twitter, I thought it was funny. I'm getting my sports fix following basketball, so I'm alright till training camp starts on the 27th.

I mean, I would rather have football right now, but I have enough to occupy me till it's time again. Just gotta keep those positive thoughts flowing. July is the last month without football till early Februari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope the preseason games are televised here or im gonna scream. XD

Brb googling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested on assault charges on Tuesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Article says he was practicing with first team unit in voluntary camps. Could be another significant loss for the Cowboys defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of him. Then again, as far as linebackers go, it's "Sean Lee and some other guys". Oh, and Jaylon if he's ready.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-07-05 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested on assault charges on Tuesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Article says he was practicing with first team unit in voluntary camps. Could be another significant loss for the Cowboys defense.
    Also has only started 5 games, and 27 tackles in 32 games. So...eeeeeeeh

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...phs/ar-BBDO1Cw

#autographgate

and this really is really really REALLY stupid.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's not a huge story. But if he was doing that, he was committing fraud...

- - - Updated - - -

And oh shit, 10 year member. /flex?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I mean, it's not a huge story. But if he was doing that, he was committing fraud...

- - - Updated - - -

Supposedly he was never aware of it since it went directly to his marketing director and never given to him.

Considering Dak's personality, Im willing to bet it was completely unintentional and if true, falls directly on the director's lap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz. Patriots red, I like it.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gratz. Patriots red, I like it.
    Matches my avatar well. Also, is it football season yet?

And, I love TB12 don't get me wrong. But I hope he doesn't go insane with all his health stuff (though he probably will). He just came out with some book today haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matches my avatar well. Also, is it football season yet?

And, I love TB12 don't get me wrong. But I hope he doesn't go insane with all his health stuff (though he probably will). He just came out with some book today haha.
    I think most top tier athletes are health nuts.