View Poll Results: What do you think the new hook will be?

Voters
231. This poll is closed
  • New Hero Class

13 5.63%
  • New Races

174 75.32%
  • Fourth Specs

29 12.55%
  • Cross Classing

15 6.49%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    They could think of any number of new things to sell the next expansion, but if it's one thing, then Races. Blizzard generally follows a very set pattern.

BC - Races
    Wotlk- Hero Class
    Cata- Races
    Mop- Odd one out, with Class and Race, but it was needed for Pandaren/Monk stuff to make sense.
    Wod- Pile of Shit
    Legion- Hero Class
    ???????- They'll never do a new class 2 expansion in a row imo, due to the work involved, but a new race? definitely.
    Hang on, WoD had two good things. Character model revamps which was a badly needed revamp, and a great questing experience, it was very narrative heavy which was nice.

Boats.

Small, movable, little customizable houses that serve as your travel base that you can visit others with and they can visit yours.

Deleted
    It's going to have to be something like NO legendaries, NO world quests, NO artifact power, NO war/titanforged gear for me to raise an eyebrow.

Deleted
    Probably new races, wouldnt mind another hero class though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaryia View Post
    Yessss. I need a 3rd DH spec in my life. Still don't understand why they only implemented two specs, especially when Havoc just seems so lacking and plain.
    I agree!! I'd like to have a third option... so badly! T_T

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    It's going to have to be something like NO legendaries, NO world quests, NO artifact power, NO war/titanforged gear for me to raise an eyebrow.
    Actually, I like legendaries. And that is coming from someone who's more of a casual player and doesn't even have any of the BiS ones yet lol. - But at least it gives you something to look forward to and to hope for. Something to "keep it up". :3

if nagga are the new neutral race i will be pissed, easily the stupidest race, i want murlocs and ogres!!!!

Deleted
    While i don't think it will happen, cross class would be nice. They are doing that in Hearthstone now. Everyone is a death knight now. Of course it needs to be something you unlock after you are done with the Legion story. Doing two classes together would mean more AP grind.

Fourth spec is the least likely. More races are always welcome. Like I said in another thread we need more race/class combos for current races at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    why no option for subraces? or maybe just new talent trees or something
    i mean wod gave us no race or class
    I think that is what they would do instead of making up an entire new race. Add sub-races to the existing races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I think that is what they would do instead of making up an entire new race. Add sub-races to the existing races.
    Problem with that is that every race doesn't have a sub-race.

What's the sub-race for Pandaren, Goblins, and Worgen for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Yah they might just say too bad for them or just offer different cosmetic options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Why does it have to be for every race? Some races have multiple while others have none, that's fine.
    Although I guess since people are so entitled they'll probably make something up for the less obvious stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    Why does it have to be for every race? Some races have multiple while others have none, that's fine.
    Although I guess since people are so entitled they'll probably make something up for the less obvious stuff.
    Well what's the point of playing anything else than a Human or an Elf since they are consistently getting the best stuff? Rumor from another thread is that Night Elves are getting Nightborne models. This is after they got an entire new class to themselves with new cosmetic options in Legion.

How is that remotely fair to say, someone who plays a Pandaren, or a Goblin?

Deleted
    Why does it have to be "fair".
    Why can't you just play what you like? If you like goblins play goblins. If you like demon hunters play a demon hunter.
    Should goblin demon hunters exist just because you wanna play a goblin and a demon hunter simultaneously.
    There is zero logic behind what you're implying. It's asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    Why does it have to be "fair".
    Why can't you just play what you like? If you like goblins play goblins. If you like demon hunters play a demon hunter.
    Should goblin demon hunters exist just because you wanna play a goblin and a demon hunter simultaneously.
    There is zero logic behind what you're implying. It's asinine.
    Because a race that doesn't get attention lore-wise or regular upgrades isn't as enjoyable to play as a race that gets constant lore attention and upgrades in a MMO. I mean, if you enjoy playing a Tauren, wouldn't you like some lore about your favorite race? Wouldn't you like to see your race of choice get the spotlight every now and then? Instead, it appears that the focus of WoW has been Humans, Orcs, and Elves.

I mean, the Goblin leader didn't even appear outside of the Goblin starter zone until this past patch, almost 8 years since he first appeared in the game.

That's kind of ridiculous.

Hopefully none of those. The game doesn't need any of them.

The new expansion will be all about voids and old gods, so the new race will be ethereals. We recruit them to fight with us. Changes that will hopefull be inserted to the new expansion is relics. Not the traits but relics. So you are not relying to get big weapon upgrade in single drop, its divided by to relics that increase your weapons ilvl. They actually could keep the trait system but it would just be relics with random trait to increase your abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    BURNING CRUSADE: The hook here was the addition of two new races, Draenei and Blood Elves, and the addition of the formerly faction locked Paladin and Shaman classes to the opposing side.
    The hook here was....it was the first expansion.

Deleted
    My own personal view.

New Hero Class - Nope, we just had DH

New Races - Possibly, if its Azshara focused I could see a neutral naga faction as playable, and if void, ethereals. So that got my vote.

Fourth Specs - Again possible, would love to see a healing warrior, a tank mage, etc

Cross Classing - Cant see this happening, as it destroys the need for altaholics. Also with gearing and specs/stats it would be nigh on impossible to balance, unless all classes had same stat build.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not getting another new class. Even Blizz is worried about having too many specs to balance, if anything, Druids might lose a spec and be put back down to 3.

The easiest and laziest thing would be to give us a new race that would be neutral (like Pandas) and can choose which faction to join after the starting area quests. So I'm going to go with that.

I'm sure class specs and such will also get revamped as they do pretty much every expansion. We are also due for a Profession revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Fourth Specs - Again possible, would love to see a healing warrior, a tank mage, etc
    I doubt they'd add even more specs to the game (it'll be like essentially adding 3 or 4 new classes worth of specs to the game) it'll take too long to balance.

Also, if they do, they'd make specs that fits their class lores. I doubt they'd add a healing specs to Warriors. Warriors aren't really thinking about other's welfare, they're thinking more about how they're going to murderize that guy over there across from them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Hook:

a) Playable Ogres
    b) Neutral Blood Elves
    c) Level 120
    d) Paragon System (Level 100+): Archmage, Archdruid, etc.
    e) Kul Tiras (New Continent/Chain of Islands)
    f) Guild Halls
    g) Path of the Titans (Paragon Progression - Replaces Artifact Power)
    h) Artifact Collection
    i) ...

P.S. I forgot to add the following:

a) Sub-races
    b) Contract/Expand the specializations for each class, e.g. rogues are reduced to two specs. and shamans are given a fourth spec. for tanking etc.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-07-08 at 12:23 PM.