Poll: What system would you like to have in the new expansion?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Artifacts in the new expansion

Would you like to see them again(with AP, AK etc)? Or just go back to the old weapon system(drops from raid)?

We can also discuss pros and cons of Artifact system here.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-07-07 at 09:55 AM.

Hell no.

Throw out the entire system, artifacts, artifact knowledge, and order halls together.

Artifacts were cool, but they only serve a purpose this expansion, Blizzard themselves have confirmed this. So we're probably going back to raid drops.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i thought the artifact power grind ws actually going away i'd vote to do away with them altogether but, i just know they'll disguise it as something else like they did with garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Hell no.

Throw out the entire system, artifacts, artifact knowledge, and order halls together.
    Agreed. Hell to the power of no... normal dungeon, raid, and/or emblem drops please.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Artifact weapons are like Garrisons. Looks super interesting and promising during reveal, but when you play it you realize it is kinda bad.

I'm not as negative about the artifacts as most people here to be honest. That is most likely because I always took it as it came to me and never really farmed it that hard.

There can of course be better iterations of the system, but I like the way you can get empowered with most of the content you do in-game every time you login.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Artifact weapons are like Garrisons. Looks super interesting and promising during reveal, but when you play it you realize it is kinda bad.
    Yea, the main problem again is no customization. Instead of making it interesting and letting you create your custom builds, you basically have to get them all and then grind for that tiny DPS/healing increase per level.

Why is Blizzard always so against RPG elements and non-cosmetic customization anyway? It's what makes the game interesting. Instead they systematically get rid of everything that allows that. The old talent system, glyphs, reforging, PvP gear. Being forced to be the same as everyone else and into one playstyle per spec is boring and gets old fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yea, the main problem again is no customization. Instead of making it interesting and letting you create your custom builds, you basically have to get them all and then grind for that tiny DPS/healing increase per level.

Why is Blizzard always so against RPG elements and non-cosmetic customization anyway? It's what makes the game interesting. Instead they systematically get rid of everything that allows that. The old talent system, glyphs, reforging, PvP gear. Being forced to be the same as everyone else and into one playstyle per spec is boring and gets old fast.
    And now you will drop your Artifact weapon and at 111 you will be a lot weaker than at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Would you like to see them again(with AP, AK etc)? Or just go back to the old weapon system(drops from raid)?

I like that the most crucial part of my equipment is not dependent on RNGesus but instead I can evolve it through diligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Already confirmed to be no artifacts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Hell no.

This might actually be the first decent post of yours. And I really don't like agreeing with you.

I doubt it will be another Artifact Weapon, but I can certainly see Blizzard doing an Artifact of some kind. Trinket? Cloak? Ring? Something. The advancement system tied to Artifacts keeps players (or forces them) doing content/higher rates of engagement. Maybe a whole new slot or something like the Path of the Titans they scrapped/EverQuest's AA system.

Inb4 ARTIFACT SET ! no more raid set , you get full artifact set with relics that determine their extra set bonuses , each raid tier drop different kind of relic instead of dropping new set items !

I actually liked artifact weapon. it was cool having a famous weapon with backstory BUT AK and AP design were stupid. so i hope we get sort of artifact weapon but with better design to upgrade them, nothing too grindy

Deleted
    And now you will drop your Artifact weapon and at 111 you will be a lot weaker than at 110.
    Isn't that what always happens though? As in when you level up, the first few levels you actually get weaker cause your nice 50% crit and mastery rates drop to like 20ish or lower.

In any case, I like artifacts, I think they should keep the system for one reason only. What many of you don't realize that they didn't replace weapon drops with artifacts. They did 2 things with them. First, evened out the specs that either needed a 2handed weapon or 2 one hand ones and second, a weapon had by far the most impact on your performance before Legion. So instead what they did was they divided the 1-2 really powerful weapon slots into 3 less impactful relics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Inb4 ARTIFACT SET ! no more raid set , you get full artifact set with relics that determine their extra set bonuses , each raid tier drop different kind of relic instead of dropping new set items !
    Don't give them ideas

Deleted
    Honestly I'd love to see them again.

It's a grind either way, whether it's to obtain a weapon from a boss or upgrading one over the course of an expansion.

At least with artifacts I have SOME control over my performance although the relics are still RNG.

At least artifact weapons ( Some of them anyway ) are kinda cool thematically and aesthetically, offer a progression system giving the player something to do besides, interesting hidden appearance hunting, and the ability to change appearance to ones liking.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-07-07 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    At least artifact weapons ( Some of them anyway ) are kinda cool thematically and aesthetically, offer a progression system giving the player something to do, interesting hidden appearance hunting, and the ability to change appearance to ones liking.
    Yes, I'm sure Fury Warriors are really enjoying that "interesting" hunt for their hidden appearance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Isn't that what always happens though? As in when you level up, the first few levels you actually get weaker cause your nice 50% crit and mastery rates drop to like 20ish or lower.
    This will be special. I mean the artifacts also carry abilities both active and passive. Will you relearn them again to reach the same power level at 120 at 110?

Deleted
    This will be special. I mean the artifacts also carry abilities both active and passive. Will you relearn them again to reach the same power level at 120 at 110?
    As with all previous expansions, some effects from talents (in this case also weapons) will be removed, changed or baked into other abilities. And the rotation will be adjusted accordingly, so you won't have a gap where you used to use this or that ability. And of course they will attempt to balance the damage output too, so we don't really feel any different, but we all know how that usually goes.