Thread: Cathedral Nerfs

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cathedral Nerfs

Anyone got any specifics/findings from trying it post-nerf? Still a rough week boss-wise since its Grievous and Tyrannical, but just curious

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Cathedral of Eternal Night
    The damage dealt by several boss abilities and health of several creatures summoned by bosses has been reduced.

I didn't notice much different.

tried a +15. Was still vastly overtuned.

I still think this dungeon is going to blow even now being nerfed for the 2nd or 3rd time? I still don't bother doing my key if I get it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still overtuned and not worth doing over any of the others.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Any actual useful information/comments?
    1 mill hps on a 13 wasnt' even close to cutting it. We switched to 2 heals and oneshot it with that comp, needed about 1.25 mill hps in total. Grievious contributes a lot to this since the ticking nature of the damage means people are rarely topped and I feel I prio'd healing targets quite well.

It also seems like the HoV shield on hyrja no longer scales so the damage from the shield ramps up but not the absorb. Dunno if its a bug but people were flopping over on that on a 12 with over 800k hps which seems too much on a 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It also seems like the HoV shield on hyrja no longer scales so the damage from the shield ramps up but not the absorb. Dunno if its a bug but people were flopping over on that on a 12 with over 800k hps which seems too much on a 12.
    I remember this was true at launch. Early Emerald Nightmare doing Tyrannical Hryja was nearly impossible since the shield didn't scale. I really hope we don't go back to two healing this nonsense.

As Larynx mentioned, Hyrja shield wasn't scaling at first. However, an hotfix went through and the shield started scaling with the difficulty. I believe it's a bug, better report that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

1 mill hps on a 13 wasnt' even close to cutting it. We switched to 2 heals and oneshot it with that comp, needed about 1.25 mill hps in total. Grievious contributes a lot to this since the ticking nature of the damage means people are rarely topped and I feel I prio'd healing targets quite well.

Looked several Logs 4, 6, 7 July (14+) all have 903k absorbtion and (12+) have 747k absorbtion. So i think HoV thing is more about Grevious (that isn't absorbed). All i can tip for HoV Hyrja use % defensive cooldowns during that AOE it reduces damage a lot (because Hirja shield absorbs flat number after % reductions). In other words if you use 50% damage reduction it reduce damage during Eye of the Storm to zero.

About Cathedral haven't been there since new nerfs yet. But 3rd boss at 12+ Cathedral still have more HP than some 15+ last bosses that don't have any adds. And that looks "strange"...

Mephistroth is among the few that seem overtuned for grievous, and I highly doubt that he was nerfed at all (creeping shadows and solitude both still do an enormous amount of damage in Tyrannical). Mephistroth, Melandrus, and Hyrja are examples of fights like this.

I don't think that was a well thought out affix given the design of some bosses hinges around them keeping the group below 90% for extended periods of time in that they have hard heal checks built in. The combination of a hard heal check meant to leave the group low HP and keep them below 90% to combat CDs for some duration is already hard enough on Tyrannical weeks, but with the addition of this affix it seems like these clearly fall in the category of cases where affixes should've been exclusive of one another.

If you can just have someone switch to heals and 2 heal those bosses, it should trivialize them. Prydaz is also helpful. Shitty affix is shitty.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-07-07 at 07:28 PM.

Did +15 tyrannical this week after the nerfs and it was really easy. Enemies sommoned by bosses definetely have lower hp now (flowers, portal guardians etc) making it much easier to kill them intime. Boss abilities were nerfed too for example I was able to soak the charge on 2nd boss without going behind a book shelve without a immunity (not sure if this is intended??). Last boss overall seems to do less dmg too.

Deleted
    tried a CoeN 17

didnt worked out that well. was pretty easy until the 3rd boss, but somehow the dps couldnt manage to kill portals in time

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Did +15 tyrannical this week after the nerfs and it was really easy. Enemies sommoned by bosses definetely have lower hp now (flowers, portal guardians etc) making it much easier to kill them intime. Boss abilities were nerfed too for example I was able to soak the charge on 2nd boss without going behind a book shelve without a immunity (not sure if this is intended??). Last boss overall seems to do less dmg too.
    Do you remember how much hps was needed for last boss by any chance? I healed it on an alt this week, it was quite easy until the last one but I either went oom at the 2nd add phase or couldn't handle the healing, so we had to two heal.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Do you remember how much hps was needed for last boss by any chance? I healed it on an alt this week, it was quite easy until the last one but I either went oom at the 2nd add phase or couldn't handle the healing, so we had to two heal.
    Dont remember the hps values sry but we only had one add phase and the pug rshaman didnt seem to have problems with healing. Make sure to spread out at last boss and use prydaz if you have problems healing it or invite more affliction warlocks to your group for easy times .

Did a CoEN 13 the other day, couldn't even come close to beating the timer with a group that regularly does 15s without any issues.

Its still overtuned.

We attempted a 12 yesterday to check the nerfs, just after finishing a EoA 16 in time.
    It's still vastly overtuned, the trash with the random nukes in the group was very annoying with grievous (and we just have tyranical), we wiped twice at the second last and five times at the last boss and the last 5% were done by our DK tank. I did 680k hps as druid at the last boss (a hpala or shaman for sure is better suited in spotlhealing to get rid of the grievous stacks at the last boss).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ox-Spooky-Toys

More nerfs tonight

Hotfixes

Classes

Dungeons and Raids

Shadow Swipe damage dealt reduced by 50%.
    Thrashbite the Scornful
    Throw Arcane Tome, Throw Silence Tome, and Throw Frost Tome damage decreased by 50% in Mythic difficulty.
    Agronox
    Timber Smash damage reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
    Domatrax
    Fel Portal Guardian health reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
    Mephistoroth
    Dark Solitude initial damage reduced by 90% in Mythic difficulty.

I feel like Cathedral has had to receive more tuning than any other 5 man dungeon in recent memory

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ox-Spooky-Toys

More nerfs tonight

Hotfixes

Classes

Dungeons and Raids

Shadow Swipe damage dealt reduced by 50%.
    Thrashbite the Scornful
    Throw Arcane Tome, Throw Silence Tome, and Throw Frost Tome damage decreased by 50% in Mythic difficulty.
    Agronox
    Timber Smash damage reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
    Domatrax
    Fel Portal Guardian health reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
    Mephistoroth
    Dark Solitude initial damage reduced by 90% in Mythic difficulty.

I feel like Cathedral has had to receive more tuning than any other 5 man dungeon in recent memory
    It still will probably get nerfed again. As soon as you see the C of CoEN that shitty ass key gets thrown in the toxic waste pile. Even after nerfs this place will probably still really blow nuts.

Deleted
    Seems like they finally made an effort. I will consider running it above 15 now.