Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Possible tease towards Dark Rangers?

I know, I know, unless anything is announced, everything is pure speculation. And that the Dark Ranger has been a topic of discussion before. But the newest datamined spoilers gave me to think: Alleria windrunner, once a hunter, apparently let the void flow through her. While the whole context is yet unknown, this will be an instance wher Dark Rangers might come back to WoW. We have Sylvanas already, who in her own way is one already, but Alleria contacting the void, for some thing useful seems interesting=)

The whole dialogue can be seen here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Frozen-Throne

Furthermore, with the unpopularity of the SV hunter, and the lack of range classes (or rather, the recent added melee classes), a ranged one could be next.

On another note: Liadrin seems to get along really well with the Suramar Elves. Maybe they come to join the Horde with Highelves coming for the Alliance?=)

Thoughts?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, the only relation between a Dark Ranger (the undead rangers serving Lady Sylvanas) and Alleria the Void-user (an elven ranger who tapped into the void) is the fact that both were regular rangers at some point in their lives. So I don't think this is any hint pointing at Dark Rangers.

I think it is a hint pointing at a void-related future content. ...Which is heavily-hinted through the recent expansions.

No, we are getting Tinkers as a new class! I'm 1000000% sure it's going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, we are getting Tinkers as a new class! I'm 1000000% sure it's going to happen.
    Looking forward to all the variations of the Dwarven tinker named Torbjörn :P

Sure, void-related content. I mean the air is pregnant with it. And yet, this seems so pinpointed. I mean, I don't know if it is simple correlation or some things starting to fit together. (at least they do in my head^^). THe "Leak" of kul'tiras on the armor set, is also a bit too detailed to be random.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potpourri87 View Post
    I know, I know, unless anything is announced, everything is pure speculation. And that the Dark Ranger has been a topic of discussion before. But the newest datamined spoilers gave me to think: Alleria windrunner, once a hunter, apparently let the void flow through her. While the whole context is yet unknown, this will be an instance wher Dark Rangers might come back to WoW. We have Sylvanas already, who in her own way is one already, but Alleria contacting the void, for some thing useful seems interesting=)

The whole dialogue can be seen here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Frozen-Throne

Furthermore, with the unpopularity of the SV hunter, and the lack of range classes (or rather, the recent added melee classes), a ranged one could be next.

On another note: Liadrin seems to get along really well with the Suramar Elves. Maybe they come to join the Horde with Highelves coming for the Alliance?=)

Thoughts?
    Too many elves not enough new races. I would like Naga or Ogres personally.

Maybe make these Subraces like uh, Blood Elves Subraces: Nightborne. Night Elf Subraces: Highborne. Bim bam boom. There's something.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post

Maybe make these Subraces like uh, Blood Elves Subraces: Nightborne. Night Elf Subraces: Highborne. Bim bam boom. There's something.
    I like this idea. Could also feature Taunka and the entire color spectrum of Dwarves, orcs, trolls...

7+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea. Could also feature Taunka and the entire color spectrum of Dwarves, orcs, trolls...
    I share similar thoughts as well. More the merrier!

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to all the variations of the Dwarven tinker named Torbjörn :P
    But Tinkers will only be Goblins and Gnomes.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The name still will be there. xXTorrbjôrrnXx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Too many elves not enough new races. I would like Naga or Ogres personally.

Ogres have been wanted for Horde for as long as I can remember and I'm Alliance. What race Alliance could get is well I don't know. Only one sticks out but it'd be a bit of a rehash >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ogres have been wanted for Horde for as long as I can remember and I'm Alliance. What race Alliance could get is well I don't know. Only one sticks out but it'd be a bit of a rehash >_>
    Murloc. Why is nobody respecting Murlocs... mgrmgrlrgrllrgrm!

7+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps Vrykul? Has close ties to the Humans and other Titanforge Races. Plus they're just as tall as Ogres!

Deleted
    Please please please come back to the topic I try to, too

Another elf class, another hero class starting with D.

Played since vanilla and never have I heard that someone alot of ppl would want Ogres as playable race. It has been thrown around alot that they could be but never seen anyone actually say they really want them to be playable.

Deleted
    Oh god Dark Ranger sounds like an awful class, could be a 4th spec for hunters but not a full class, i'd rather have some more races, or 4th specs, they should really consider doing 'em than more classes.
    Last edited by mmoc8b2fa4d70a; 2017-07-07 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Idk, doesn't it seem like they're kinda trying to work it into the current hunter? I don't think dark ranger would work as a class on it's own, much like Shadow Hunter, Warden, Beastmaster (Rexxar type), Blademaster.. All these could easily be a spec or elite specialization for an existing class.

Though I would LOVE such a class myself, I think we have to look towards classes that kinda stick out and that are not too similar.

Runemaster is one of those. Same goes for Dragonmancer (though I believe that's a fan concept?) and Tinker.
    No matter what it is, it can't be worse than monk, fun class but the fantasy behind it is incredibly boring.

I'd rather see them work those into being race identities for each class. That way they need only change the spell effects and animations instead of having to create an entire new class. And it would still feel different. What i mean is that they all have the same abilities but different visuals. Sort of what we can already do with glyphs though more extensive for each class / race combo.

Example:
    Dark Ranger for Forsaken and Blood Elf hunters, Moon Priest (Tyrande) for night elf hunters, Warden for Night elf rogues.
    Last edited by TriHard; 2017-07-07 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Another elf class, another hero class starting with D.
    I was about to say the same thing.

I'm so sick of elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Tinkers could just as easily be dwarves, draenei, blood elves, and orcs. Could also easily be undead if alchemy has any part of it.

There is no big relation between a void ranger and a dark ranger; dark rangers are undead high elves.

I am waiting for faction-unique classes to return ever since classic. Blizzard cares too much about both factions getting the same thing, narrowing possible additions down tremendeously and continously leading their design teams into dead ends. Imagine all the classes we could potentially get.. wardens, dark rangers, shadow hunters and more.