Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    How come Xe'ra gets so much hate?
    Because WE were at fault for beating up Illidan, who refused to tell us what his plans were. She took every chance she could to make it seem like it was OUR fault and that this is, literally, our quest for redemption. OUR. Redemption. Unless you play a Demon Hunter then she says "Oh, you're a demon hunter, my bad" after you go through the vision of Illidan in the Black Temple.

She's pretty Illidan's No.1 Fangirl.

So wait

If she is actually the "Prime Naaru" aka the first Naaru aka the leader of the Naaru (probably), then why did every Naaru try to get Illidan killed?

Not like it matters, she literally dies right after you "save" her.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2017-07-08 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    As a paladin, if Xe'ra is the light, I'll kill myself.
    Can paladins get high enough dps for that?

Deleted
    It seems that Velen is not really Xe'ra's fan. So I wouldn't trust that damn thing for a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a paladin, if Xe'ra is the light, I'll kill myself.
    Then you can turn into a real class, a Death Knight.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I dunno...id say I'm the highest being in the Warcraft universe tbh, I'm pretty stoned rn

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So wait

If she is actually the "Prime Naaru" aka the first Naaru aka the leader of the Naaru (probably), then why did every Naaru try to get Illidan killed?
    the naaru don't have a single governing body.

they likely just exist in groups, with an overarching goal of seeing the light win out over the darkness. some see that there needs to be a balance between light and dark, others like xe'ra seem very hostile towards any void use(she had alleria imprisoned for it).

a'dal likely had no contact with xe'ra.

xe'ra was created specifically, too. other naaru simply came into existence from shards of light in the universe. so they might not even know of her if they're far enough out in the universe.

7+ Year Old Account
    So wait

Not like it matters, she literally dies right after you "save" her.
    she's "a" prime naaru, not "the".

Formerly known as Arafal

I already said it in the front page thread, but ill say it there too. (SPOILERS BELOW!!!)

Xe'ra's Punishment
    High Exarch Turalyon: I sense Xe'ra in the central chamber. Thank the Light! We are not too late.
    Alleria Windrunner: And what then? I was locked in a cell for delving into the Void against her wishes. Will she make me a prisoner again? Or worse?
    High Exarch Turalyon: Xe'ra will see that you risked your life to save her. Her faith in you will be restored--I know it!
    So Xe'ra punished Alleria. The perfect being of holy light punished a member of the Army of the Light. She punished her for delving into the void, and here is my theory...

Xe'ra is in fact a void lord, and she punished Alleria, cause if she delved into the void deep enough, she would discover the truth (something like demon hunters seeing demons in disguise). In the spoilers on the front page, there is much talk about a naaru turning into the void, actually too much to be just random event. It looks like she crafted perfect plan. She makes us believe Illidan is THE ONE saviour and needs to be ressurected, so we try hard to do it before Gul'dan injects Sargeras' soul into Illidan's body (and the void lords wouldnt want Sargeras be on Azeroth in any shape or form). So in our eyes, we help save our world, but in fact we just helped the void lords who want Azeroth's sould for themselves.
    Then the end of 7.3: we imprison Illidan, Sargeras and the pantheon forever (?), dismantling the legion, and giving the void lords a free pass into the universe. The vision of Illidan being a child of light and shadow was fake (or it could be that he was a puppet of light and shadow, with xe'ra being seemingly of the light, but secretly of the void) and it was all crafted only so that we would help Illidan return, and that he would do what must be done.

There are also several quotes from shadow priests artifact that suggest that the void has plans for Argus:

Xal'atath Blade of the Black Empire: Imagine this machinery infused with our power. Interesting...
    The machine used to create and revive endless armies of demons?

Xal'atath Blade of the Black Empire: Long have we sought entry to this realm! To think we have a mortal to thank for giving us our foothold. Your service will be remembered!
    First enterence on the Argus, or perhaps after defeating the last boss?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel pretty justified to have completely tuned out and not complete any of her quests beyond the collect soul fragment things seeing as how she seems to be a universally hated character.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-07-08 at 01:43 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I already said it in the front page thread, but ill say it there too. (SPOILERS BELOW!!!)

So Xe'ra punished Alleria. The perfect being of holy light punished a member of the Army of the Light. She punished her for delving into the void, and here is my theory...

Xe'ra is in fact a void lord, and she punished Alleria, cause if she delved into the void deep enough, she would discover the truth (something like demon hunters seeing demons in disguise). In the spoilers on the front page, there is much talk about a naaru turning into the void, actually too much to be just random event. It looks like she crafted perfect plan. She makes us believe Illidan is THE ONE saviour and needs to be ressurected, so we try hard to do it before Gul'dan injects Sargeras' soul into Illidan's body (and the void lords wouldnt want Sargeras be on Azeroth in any shape or form). So in our eyes, we help save our world, but in fact we just helped the void lords who want Azeroth's sould for themselves.
    Then the end of 7.3: we imprison Illidan, Sargeras and the pantheon forever (?), dismantling the legion, and giving the void lords a free pass into the universe. The vision of Illidan being a child of light and shadow was fake (or it could be that he was a puppet of light and shadow, with xe'ra being seemingly of the light, but secretly of the void) and it was all crafted only so that we would help Illidan return, and that he would do what must be done.

There are also several quotes from shadow priests artifact that suggest that the void has plans for Argus:

The machine used to create and revive endless armies of demons?

First enterence on the Argus, or perhaps after defeating the last boss?
    It really doesn't matter because 1.) Xe'ra dies literally 6 quests in and 2.) she leaves behind an essence of light.

It really doesn't matter because 1.) Xe'ra dies literally 6 quests in and 2.) she leaves behind an essence of light.
    Yeah, death doesnt mean much in warcraft. And the essence could be the last remnants of her light version.

Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below

and

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Yeah, death doesnt mean much in warcraft. And the essence could be the last remnants of her light version.
    Death certainly means something if there is a whole cutscene dedicated to it and when characters like Velen and Turalyon comment on it, along with saying how Xe'ra "left behind a gift of Light in all of us" and "lives on through the light".

Something like a "Essence of Shadow" exists aswell, and Xe'ra doesn't leave that behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in other words, Xe'ra pulls a M'uru but instead of blessing a font of power with the Light, she blesses everyone in an area.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    If you look at the chronicle sample on the elements. Naaru are put in the inner ring equivalent to the old gods. The outer ring of shadow(void) is the void lords, the outer ring of holy doesn't have a representation yet. Thus the opposite of the void lords is still not revealed to us. Naaru are the corporeal servants of the light like the old gods are the physical servants of the shadow (void lords).
    I assume the physical manifestation of the light has similar restrictions to the void lords being unable to physically manifest, except that they are probably not willing to hijack an entities body (titan). The most likely candidate should the light want to manifest is probably through the wild gods with some references already to Elune (who at this time we don't know if she is a titan/naaru or something different).

In any case, I don't think the Naaru are the highest beings of their respective element, as it would imply old gods are the highest of theirs (which is not the case). As for the "cannot fade" part, old gods technically can't be killed so it's likely naaru can be rebirthed in a similar fashion as long as a physical copy remains somewhere (like in this case the core of Xera reforming into herself/heart of ysaarj manifesting in garrosh).
    I think the whole thing about the Light and Void Lords manifesting in a physical proxy relies a lot on said thing actually wanting (or in the old gods case being forced) that element manifested within them and that they are found "worthy" of it's blessing. Like for example, the whole idea of Paladins and Priests becoming infused with the power of the light is that they are found worthy and are willing to accept it within themselves whilst say the Twilight Hammer Cultists who worship the void and would be willing to be void touched are largely left as normal mages and shamans because they're not worthy because the Void Lords are only interested in the most powerful of hosts such as Dormant Titans or Dragons. As for the Naaru being able to be rebirthed, well we've know since Sunwell and recently Draenor that if a Naaru dies/loses the light they becoming a Fallen Naaru before transforming into a Void God or whatever the Dark Star was. Then after being subjected to vast amounts of the Light they are purified of the Void and can return to being a regular Naaru or in the case of M'uru can infuse something with the Light instead..
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2017-07-08 at 01:59 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Then you can turn into a real class, a Death Knight.
    Funny thing here: if I did RP i'd go with the story that my warrior from vanilla turned into the paladin I played in BC, and then died and turned into the DK I made in WotLK. Dk is the only other class i've maxed out :P

Can we ask her about Elune before she dies pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I'll have you know I just did a +2 Maw of Souls, AT 875! We won!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Booo! No need to put us retribution paladins down just like Blizzard likes to do :'<

I'll have you know I just did a +2 Maw of Souls, AT 875! We won!
    Logs or didn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Booo! No need to put us retribution paladins down just like Blizzard likes to do :'<
    >