Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't think wanting to kill all warmongering, murdering aliens is necessarily a bad thing
    Me either, but I don't have much faith that they'll actually show that in the story, instead they'll make her out to be the crazy woman hell bent on revenge and damn everyone who gets in her way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So why write it like its going to happen.
    "Muh fanfic is greatest fanfic."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Sylvanas is evil and we have to kill her, after she starts resembling the Scourge more and more.Then Nathanos Blightcaller takes over after a Quest line where he basically re-bonds with his old loyalty to the Alliance and foe and of the Scourge. He therefore refuses to side with Sylvigirl and becomes the new alpha after we are done with her.

Sylvanas will kill Vereesa like she used to plan.
    Sylvanas will raise Vereesa as a boss.
    Alleria will appear with the Raid of players.
    Alleria will use void-powers to help in the fight.
    Sylvanas dies by Alleria's hand.
    We get to loot her bow, a Hunter legendary.
    Pretty bad fanfic, i would rather have mudmug take reins of forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    FAR more likely to rally them against the horde though. I've always interpreted her lines before she disappeared as "If you will not help me, then i will find others who will". All she needs to do is tell them how things went down with her father (Maybe even the whole truth depending on how desperate she is) and incite them to attack the monsters who caused her father to die in vain.

That said, my god these forums have one hell of a hate boner for Jaina huh? The straw grasping here is insane. Least it's a good way to find the blind followers of Jessie "swallows horde" Cox.
    I agree with you here. If Jaina does take a overtly offensive approach, it will be against the Horde not Alliance. If she pits the Alliance against the horde in some manner, I doubt it can be called a betrayal, as her end goal will still be to dismantle the horde and not destroy the Alliance.

If anything this just points at Sylvanas and I have no idea how it got twisted to be about Jaina (yet again). What's interesting is this tidbit with the recent short story of Natahnos new look, hinting at more lifelike undead, it makes it interesting to see who the betrayer may be.
    Last edited by karumayu; 2017-07-08 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    I mean Frank Grimes from Simpsons. If you remember him, you know what happened to him. Everyone around him was dumb and ignorant and that drove him crazy. I think i saw analysis of that episode and it said, that Frank Grimes was meant to be realistic character put in the cartoon world, where everyone acts unreasonably and indefferently.
    But the people around Jaina were not dumb and ignorant. They were the sane ones. so that is not a great comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Sylvanas is evil and we have to kill her, after she starts resembling the Scourge more and more.Then Nathanos Blightcaller takes over after a Quest line where he basically re-bonds with his old loyalty to the Alliance and foe and of the Scourge. He therefore refuses to side with Sylvigirl and becomes the new alpha after we are done with her.

Sylvanas will kill Vereesa like she used to plan.
    Sylvanas will raise Vereesa as a boss.
    Alleria will appear with the Raid of players.
    Alleria will use void-powers to help in the fight.
    Sylvanas dies by Alleria's hand.
    We get to loot her bow, a Hunter legendary.
    "We get to loot her bow, a Hunter legendary."

That one line discredits all the rest. No lego weapons sport. Can you imagine what type of stupid stag that lego would need to replace an artifact and for what spec since Surv doesn't use them now. ? We most likely wont see usable weapons again until we are leading into the next xpac next year. what few weapon drops there have been were meant for transmog purposes. Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tattiebocko View Post
    Hello everyone I was just reading through the new dataminded broadcast text dialog and stumbled across this -

So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.

It isn't known who is saying this yet however, from reading this little piece it got me thinking. Who could be saying this? Who could they be saying it too? Or more importantly who could it be?

My theory is that whom ever is talking here is referencing Jaina as the one planting the seeds of downfall. She was angry after Theramore was nuked, she left the Kirin Tor and Dalaran after finding out the Horde would be allowed into the city again and we haven't heard from her since. Has she been away plotting revenge? Did she return home to Kul'Tiras?

There has also been Kul'Tiras Armour sets datamind which lead me to believe that once Jaina left Dalaran she returned home and set about putting her plans for revenge into motion.

Just a couple of my thoughts i'd like to hear what everyone else thinks of this. Thanks for reading

Really You just coming to this now She is the final boss of the expansion. Ive said it since the beginning of the expansion.
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders edition<From Nvidia.com>
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.92 GB RAM usable)
    Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    But the people around Jaina were not dumb and ignorant. They were the sane ones. so that is not a great comparison.
    I guess it is matter of perspective (varian and khadgar failed her by trusting the horde after everything they done). But mainly players are ignorant and indifferent towards her, even though they have all the information what happened to her. They just call her crazy or dreadlord, because: 1. It is cool to hate her, 2. they have no empathy, 3. they dont know her story.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's an aggravating character who was derailed in order to fill the void which Garrosh left to keep faction tensions continuously high. The difference is is that she's doubling or even tripling down on who she considers her enemy and is progressively getting more and more emo about it so it wouldn't surprise me any if she holds such a grudge that she would turn against everyone.

To that I say good riddance. She can take that mutt, Genn, too.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Got nothing to do with Jaina. It clearly implies Sylvanas is plotting against the Alliance and mentions that the outcome of the said betrayal will result in the Forsaken banner flying in Alliance settlements.

Jaina will merely join the Genn club and say "Ha, told you!". Jaina is one of the few characters that has every right to hate the Horde. She is being affiliated with this "betrayal" line mostly by Horde fans on these forums simply because people don't like her due to her hatred towards the Horde. They will remain blissfully ignorant of the fact that Jaina did more for the Alliance in the past few expansions than half the faction's leaders(ie Cataclysm, MoP). Hell, even her character vigurously says "For the Alliance!" when clicked on, but I guess people can stay blind to things if they intend to do so. I'm not a fan of her character, but I appreciate the character arc.

Those who are upset about how Jaina and Genn feel about the Horde are either Horde fans(not a wrong thing, really, as long as you're not trying to cloak it behind mental gymnastics and vague reasoning in order to sound objective), got no perception of what their characters have been through(lost entire kingdoms and families to the Horde) or are simply ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    I guess it is matter of perspective (varian and khadgar failed her by trusting the horde after everything they done). But mainly players are ignorant and indifferent towards her, even though they have all the information what happened to her. They just call her crazy or dreadlord, because: 1. It is cool to hate her, 2. they have no empathy, 3. they dont know her story.
    The same applies to Genn.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-07-08 at 02:16 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Dunno why people think this is anything but Sylvanas. The sigil of the Forsaken is literally a shattered mask.
    BUT JAINA! DREADLORD!

But yeah you're right. Both the taunts are referring to Sylvanas. Jaina has not done anything but get angry about the Horde. She's not about to betray the Alliance over it. She's likely to strike against the Horde though. Perhaps, now that we've seen Kul Tiras is gonna be future content, she'll go to them and try to make amends with them, or lead them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Got nothing to do with Jaina. It clearly implies Sylvanas is plotting against the Alliance and mentions that the outcome of the said betrayal will result in the Forsaken banner flying in Alliance settlements.

Jaina will merely join the Genn club and say "Ha, told you!". Jaina is one of the few characters that has every right to hate the Horde. She is being affiliated with this "betrayal" line simply because people don't like her due to her hatred towards the Horde and everyone is blissfully ignorant of the fact that Jaina did more for the Alliance in the past few expansions than half the faction's leaders.

Those who are upset about how Jaina and Genn feel about the Horde are either Horde fans(not a wrong thing, really, as long as you're not trying to cloak it behind mental gymnastics and vague reasoning in order to sound objective), got no perception of what their characters have been through(lost entire kingdoms and families to the Horde) or are simply ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

The same applies to Genn.
    This this and this a thousand times! Sylvanas is gonna backstab the Alliance at a crucial moment prior to 8.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    She's an aggravating character who was derailed in order to fill the void which Garrosh left to keep faction tensions continuously high. The difference is is that she's doubling or even tripling down on who she considers her enemy and is progressively getting more and more emo about it so it wouldn't surprise me any if she holds such a grudge that she would turn against everyone.

To that I say good riddance. She can take that mutt, Genn, too.
    Derailed? Emo? Do you have the capacity to understand the kind of suffering she's been through? Are you really incapable of empathy? She helped kill her own father to save the Horde for fuck sake and she's only gotten further betrayed and stabbed in the back because she's trusted the Horde. This has been going on since Warcraft 3. There's nothing derailed about it. There's nothing emo about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    BUT JAINA! DREADLORD!

But yeah you're right. Both the taunts are referring to Sylvanas. Jaina has not done anything but get angry about the Horde. She's not about to betray the Alliance over it. She's likely to strike against the Horde though. Perhaps, now that we've seen Kul Tiras is gonna be future content, she'll go to them and try to make amends with them, or lead them.

- - - Updated - - -

This this and this a thousand times! Sylvanas is gonna backstab the Alliance at a crucial moment prior to 8.0.

Well, it is in Sylvanas' nature, due to her being undead and everything, to be self-centered, cold, ruthless and completely lack any and all empathy. While this clearly sets the ground for further villanous activities, that is the kind of behaviour everyone expects from an undead and this is the most likely course she will take. We might get surprised, but everything she does and all the short-stories/novels that talk about her go in favour of this.

I personally don't understand why Horde players or her fans are upset about this though. Would you want an undead that is a holy priest? Faol is one and given all the circumstances, he should be the only one.

Jaina and Genn, alongside with all those loyal to these two, are the only two heavily pro-Alliance characters within the Alliance right now. The rest are all pretty much simply minding their own business and attending funerals.

- - - Updated - - -

Derailed? Emo? Do you have the capacity to understand the kind of suffering she's been through? Are you really incapable of empathy? She helped kill her own father to save the Horde for fuck sake and she's only gotten further betrayed and stabbed in the back because she's trusted the Horde. This has been going on since Warcraft 3. There's nothing derailed about it. There's nothing emo about it.
    Don't bother with it lol if you said that Sylvanas was emo and derailed because she hated Arthas, I'm sure you'd get a different response and be called out over it.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-07-08 at 02:33 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Well, it is in Sylvanas' nature, due to her being undead and everything, to be self-centered, cold, ruthless and completely lack any and all empathy. While this clearly sets the ground for further villanous activities, that is the kind of behaviour everyone expects from an undead and this is the most likely course she will take. We might get surprised, but everything she does and all the short-stories/novels that talk about her go in favour of this.

I personally don't understand why Horde players or her fans are upset about this though. Would you want an undead that is a holy priest? Faol is one and given all the circumstances, he should be the only one.

Jaina and Genn, alongside with all those loyal to these two, are the only two heavily pro-Alliance characters within the Alliance right now. The rest are all pretty much simply minding their own business and attending funerals.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother with it lol if you said that Sylvanas was emo and derailed because she hated Arthas, I'm sure you'd get a different response and be called out over it.
    I think Malfurion and Tyrande are pretty heavily for the Alliance, but they've just put that aside for now. They're not likely to forget what the Horde did to Ashenvale. Or the druids Garrosh pets bombed.

I just can't grasp how these people seem to have no understanding of actual human emotions...

7+ Year Old Account
    Jaina would never go full EVIL.. neutral yes but evil/darkside no... she's too sexy and that she has many alliance gffs yet so yeah she will not betray alliance.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It's definitely referring to Sylvanas as the Horde counterpart also does.

When your thrones run red with betrayal...
    This could either refer to Varian or something yet to occur. My guess is someone betrays Genn and kills him.

when your holy places burn
    Not many holy places left to the Alliance. This is either going to refer to Lights Hope Chapel or the Cathedral of Light.

and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    The is undoubtedly referring to her icon. If the previous line is mentioning the burning of the Cathedral of Light then it's likely this means she will conquer Stormwind

I think Malfurion and Tyrande are pretty heavily for the Alliance, but they've just put that aside for now. They're not likely to forget what the Horde did to Ashenvale. Or the druids Garrosh pets bombed.

I just can't grasp how these people seem to have no understanding of actual human emotions...
    For some it is easier to affiliate with the logic and reasoning of an undead and outright defend it OOC too, rather than an actual human being with a clear character arc. To each their own I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It's definitely referring to Sylvanas as the Horde counterpart also does.

This could either refer to Varian or something yet to occur. My guess is someone betrays Genn and kills him.

Not many holy places left to the Alliance. This is either going to refer to Lights Hope Chapel or the Cathedral of Light.

The is undoubtedly referring to her icon. If the previous line is mentioning the burning of the Cathedral of Light then it's likely this means she will conquer Stormwind
    It could likely refer to a push into the Plaguelands. They are the site of the holiest human locations.

If we are talking about the Alliance as a whole though, it could also refer to the night elven forests in Kalimdor or even the Alliance high elves'/dwarves' territory in Hinterlands.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-07-08 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Jaina would never go full EVIL.. neutral yes but evil/darkside no... she's too sexy and that she has many alliance gffs yet so yeah she will not betray alliance.
    gff?

Anyway being sexy and being evil aren't mutually exclusive. I mean succubi are built around being evil and sexy. Kinda odd Azshara is the only example in warcfraft lore. Or Sylvannas, depending on who you ask.

As for Jaina, she would not go evil willingly, but it is very rarelly a consicous choice of: Imma gonna go evulz just because. It is more subtle. Just look at Arthas. Hell, even Garrosh. He was actually a quite decent Warchief in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Offtopic: I never could wrap my head around what people think about this quote. It's clearly Azeroth and old gods.
    Could still mean that metaporically her heart is Theramore (hence the crater) and they filled it with their whispers and hatred.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tyrand maybe but Malfurion full retard mode - he dont gives a shit to things outside druid business.

Varian im sure 90%. Genn can't die. Simply because he best what Alliance have.

I'm pro Alliance type of guy but God knows how i wish SW to be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Varian im sure 90%. Genn can't die. Simply because he best what Alliance have.
    Considering a gilnean stallwart supporter of the Allliance, especially Genn Greymane is rather odd. That is like saying Gallywix is the most loyal horde leader. The Alliance needs more Rogers not a half dead worgen.

I'm pro Alliance type of guy but God knows how i wish SW to be destroyed.
    Actually the only Alliance race that hasn't suffered catastrophic losses in terms of population are the dwarves, it is high time they suffer a cataclysmic event similar to the other races on Azeroth. They would get spotlight and development out of it too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering a gilnean stallwart supporter of the Allliance, especially Genn Greymane is rather odd. That is like saying Gallywix is the most loyal horde leader. The Alliance needs more Rogers not a half dead worgen.
    Genn is golden middle between pacifist Anduin and bloodlust Roger.

Actually the only Alliance race that hasn't suffered catastrophic losses in terms of population are the dwarves, it is high time they suffer a cataclysmic event similar to the other races on Azeroth. They would get spotlight and development out of it too.
    They lost Magni as king. Plust Dun Morogh was assaulted by Dark Iron and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    They lost Magni as king.
    And as a result, unified all the dwarves races