Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Please, it's illegal for me to have sex with my boyfriend in Singapore. Your country is widely acknowledge as having fascist tendencies.
    It's rarely ever enforced.

Do you know what fascism is? Because banning same-sex acts is not fascism. It has absolutely nothing to do with fascism.

While bad, it's not fascism. You can't just call everything you do not like fascism.

But hey, because you read a book that one time that says Muslims in Singapore don't adapt to a government that requires conformity it must mean that Muslim culture is irreconcilable with any other, right?
    I actually live in Singapore and see them separate themselves from others in daily life but okay. You'll just call it an anecdote, which is why I quoted that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Social safety net IS a culture value that varies. It's not a set number. Japan doesn't care what globalists want. Globalists don't care what Japan wants. Plain and simple.
    This isn't about what globalists wants it is what Japan wants and needs, for too long they have been trying to have their cake and eat it too but they can't. The social safety net is a mathematical construct and it will collapse unless the Japanese birthrate goes up significantly or they somehow get rid of the ever growing elderly population. Japanese culture has to change or it will die out they can be dignified cultured corpses that history will cite as to what a culture that doesn't evolve does to a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Sustainability requires economic models that operate on 0 growth. Japan may be facing trouble, but they are ahead of the curve.
    The problem is when the growth rates are negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's rarely ever enforced.

Do you know what fascism is? Because banning same-sex acts is not fascism. It has absolutely nothing to do with fascism.

While bad, it's not fascism. You can't just call everything you do not like fascism.
    Why should anyone bother adapting to a culture that permits something bad, then?

It actually live in Singapore and see them separate themselves from others in daily life but okay.
    Yeah, and I've lived in Australia and seen the exact same criticism levied at the Chinese. What this means is that racists are equally as stupid between countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Robots are better
    Robots or just accepting that the GDP isn't worth sacrificing your country and the happiness of the people you already have. Let Japan stay Japanese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

No, if they've passed the point of no return it means there will be no japanese soon. That's not the case.
    Seems like you cannot in the basic math. Ofc it's not gonna happen soon, but the current rate is far below the rate of sustainabilty and they'll be gone in next 50-100 years unless there's massive breeding farms suddenly being built
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Not letting the country stagnate economically?

I thought the market surviving was your guys' raison d'etre.
    See how well that is going in Sweden and Germany with 30% of the people that have come in the past arre expected to have work in 5 years after coming. Add to that all the other problems. I guess Japans police could use some work which they will bring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Uh most of them are women and children. Not sure how you expect them to magically find jobs.
    I don't know where you live, but here in Germany (I think we took in about 1 MILLION of Refugees) the majority of the refugees is pretty young (<35y) and male. Women and children are the minority... why? because the more "valuable" males fled first leaving women and children back at home (so the german tax payer pays for the travel cost of them once the males get their official refugee title) I doubt they are keen to work a 40 hour week at a low income threshold (which most will get because they can't even communicate properly and have to do simple work) From various vacations in muslim majority countries, I can assure you, that the women work a lot more than the men. Getting refugees to help a dwindling workforce isn't generally a bad idea, but there is such a huuuuuge gap between the different cultures, that parallel communities are likely to develop and cause massive problems later on.

Why should anyone bother adapting to a culture that permits something bad, then?
    You shouldn't move to a place to which you cannot adapt. Stay away from those places.

Yeah, and I've lived in Australia and seen the exact same criticism levied at the Chinese. What this means is that racists are equally as stupid between countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuggoz View Post
    See how well that is going in Sweden and Germany with 30% of the people that have come in the past arre expected to have work in 5 years after coming. Add to that all the other problems. I guess Japans police could use some work which they will bring.
    The market surviving is not a function of people working.

- - - Updated - - -

You shouldn't move to a place to which you cannot adapt. Stay away from those places.
    Again, clearly your culture is massively fragile and needs to be in isolation to survive.

No, I'm serious. I saw it happen so it must mean that the Chinese are culturally immovable and clearly it is -your fault- that you can't integrate immigrants into Singapore, right?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Robots.

Given the size of Japan and how overly populated metro areas are I do not see this as a problem that needs to be "fixed".

Funny, I've heard the -exact- same criticism levied at every minority group in every country I have ever visited. If it's not the Muslims, it's the Asians, or the Irish, or the Polish, or the Gaijin. It's almost as if idiots are trying to justify their prejudice as the result of a defective culture on their targets' part and are using the exact same excuse repeatedly.
    You're right, Muslims don't have a defective culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Uh most of them are women and children. Not sure how you expect them to magically find jobs.
    Are you actually retarded?? if you have seen any news about it in the last few years, you can clearly see that like 90% of them are grown men.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    The market surviving is not a function of people working.
    But we are talking about labor force that Japan is apparently needing, aren't we? Im sure any well-educated western guy/woman has no problem getting a work permit in Japan, but thats not what the article is talking about is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    You're right, Muslims don't have a defective culture.
    There's no such thing as a 'defective' culture.

Again, clearly your culture is massively fragile and needs to be in isolation to survive.
    Nope. Singapore is pretty diverse, open and people willingly adapt to Singapore. It's just that muslims refuse to join in on it. That's their problem to fix.

No, I'm serious. I saw it happen so it must mean that the Chinese are culturally immovable and clearly it is -your fault- that you can't integrate immigrants into Singapore, right?

It's muslims. Not "Immigrants". It works fine with us koreans who have moved here, it works fine with the chinese, it works fine with the pinays/pinoys, it works fine with the thais. It's the muslims it does not work with.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Attempt at very high irony or just very misinformed and cannot be arsed to look up numbers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_suicide_rate

Japan 26. Germany 105. France and Sweden inbetween there. Hell..US has a higher suicide rate than Germany, Canada, Sweden or France...
    At least they don't have to be stressed out when they eat in restaurant....that someone will throw molotov coctails at them...

ekhm...Paris.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    Are you actually retarded?? if you have seen any news about it in the last few years, you can clearly see that like 90% of them are grown men.
    Wrong. The majority are women, children and families. Get your facts straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Singapore is pretty diverse. It's just that muslims refuse to join in on it. That's their problem to fix.
    Yeah, and back in the 90's the minority to discriminate against de jour was the Indians. I well remember.

Clearly you've given up on any attempt at rational discussion, but your argument was pretty shallow to start with so...*shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Robots or just accepting that the GDP isn't worth sacrificing your country and the happiness of the people you already have. Let Japan stay Japanese.
    Considering their high depression and suicide rates, their very low rank on the happiness index and their 24/7 work culture I guess some people could consider that happy.