Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Following his logic. No sources should be anonymous. Whistle blowers should be outed to they can face mob justice... what he wants is to be the new eras brown shirt. Finding those he finds distasteful and making sure they come to harm.

It isn't really a moral position to hold.
    Wrong, I simply think people should be more willing to speak freely. I also think that people should be able to out others when they do no like their speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have no desire to use force, private or otherwise. I'm about as far from a brown shirt as you can get. I merely support the expansion of freedom and knowledge.
    So you are fine for example revealing whistle blowers to the mob?

You are comfortable with violence being done on your behalf. You simply do not enjoy getting your own hands dirty.

Am... am I reading the article right? Is... is the Dailycaller sympathetic towards CNN?

Can somebody please explain this to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    atleast we know endus and elba are totally okay with this. LOL
    Err, no? Why would I support this? This is terrible.

So you are fine for example revealing whistle blowers to the mob?

You are comfortable with violence being done on your behalf. You simply do not enjoy getting your own hands dirty.
    When have I stated I support violence as a counter to speech? That has never, and will never happen.

When it comes to this guy, outing him will either show the world for who he truly is, or it will push him to be more honest. Either way, that's a good thing. If someone says derogatory things about you, are you saying you wouldn't want to clear your name?

Not surprised that the people that were ok or dismissive when the situation was the other way around are suddenly outraged.

And no, it's not the same thing. One side is a bunch of internet trolls that are despised by pretty much everyone and the other is a supposedly respectable news corporation. One has a duty to hold a vastly superior standard of behaviour.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Not surprised that the people that were ok or dismissive when the situation was the other way around are suddenly outraged.

And no, it's not the same thing. One side is a bunch of internet trolls that are despised by pretty much everyone and the other is a supposedly respectable news corporation. One has a duty to hold a vastly superior standard of behaviour.

I mean if reddit had the info and said "we reserve the right to publish it" You would be correct. When they released it though they became worse than CNN.

You are right, it is not the same thing. The one is a news worthy person (and anti Semite) not getting named.

The other is journalists and their families getting doxxed and murder and rape threatened.

You should tell that to the President of the United States.

This is basically Trump's brownshirts trying to intimidate the free press.

Welcome to 1930s Germany, America.

When have I stated I support violence as a counter to speech? That has never, and will never happen.

When it comes to this guy, outing him will either show the world for who he truly is, or it will push him to be more honest. Either way, that's a good thing. If someone says derogatory things about you, are you saying you wouldn't want to clear your name?
    If we lived in a better time I could see your point. We no longer live in that time though. This is being used as a threat of harm. Ironically I can source cnn for that as well.

Ideally you are right. Bad ideas should be laughed at but that isn't what would happen now a days. If hes lucky they would lose interest in a few years and stop harassing him to the point he couldn't earn a livelihood. At worst there would be attempts against his life.

If we lived in a better time I could see your point. We no longer live in that time though. This is being used as a threat of harm. Ironically I can source cnn for that as well.

Ideally you are right. Bad ideas should be laughed at but that isn't what would happen now a days. If hes lucky they would lose interest in a few years and stop harassing him to the point he couldn't earn a livelihood. At worst there would be attempts against his life.
    Then the problem is not outing a guy for his speech, the problem is with people who wish to use violence as a counter to speech. Stop playing their game, and counter speech with speech, and only use violence to counter other violence. In this case, it means CNN is completely justified in releasing his name and information. He wants to hide behind anonymity, whilst publicly attacking someone. The people who chose to out the CNN employees deserve the same in return.

On a side note, most people give all of the information needed to easily find them. I know at least three regular poster's who would be very easy to track down.

Then the problem is not outing a guy for his speech, the problem is with people who wish to use violence as a counter to speech. Stop playing their game, and counter speech with speech, and only use violence to counter other violence. In this case, it means CNN is completely justified in releasing his name and information. He wants to hide behind anonymity, whilst publicly attacking someone. The people who chose to out the CNN employees deserve the same in return.

On a side note, most people give all of the information needed to easily find them. I know at least three regular poster's who would be very easy to track down.
    Who exactly did he attack?

A company logo?

A company logo?
    What exactly did CNN attack? Nothing. He made a stupid thing for the internet, they are everywhere. CNN also managed to track him down. When they did, they found a mountain of other shit that he's posted. Some of it is racist. Some of it is anti-Semitic. CNN can release his information, and still would not be attacking him. They would simply be exercising their free speech, just like he did. They are not avoiding scrutiny for their actions, so I see no reason why he should, either.

A company logo?
    Trump has attacked every single news organization that isn't sucking his flaccid orange cock. Saying they are failing or that they are fake news because they post new articles about him every day.

What exactly did CNN attack? Nothing. He made a stupid thing for the internet, they are everywhere. CNN also managed to track him down. When they did, they found a mountain of other shit that he's posted. Some of it is racist. Some of it is anti-Semitic. CNN can release his information, and still would not be attacking him. They would simply be exercising their free speech, just like he did. They are not avoiding scrutiny for their actions, so I see no reason why he should, either.
    The thing is, from the sounds of it, they weren't even planning to release his information anyway. The added line was basically a legal disclaimer to circumvent accusations of actual coercion, had an anonymity deal been struck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    The thing is, from the sounds of it, they weren't even planning to release his information anyway. The added line was basically a legal disclaimer to circumvent accusations of actual coercion, had an anonymity deal been struck.
    I would have much preferred they did release his information, and had a half-hour "Dateline" hit piece on the guy. Show everyone exactly what type of shitty human being he is, and enjoy the laughs. I know plenty of guys just like him, and they push all sorts of bullshit, but when they get called out, they run away and play ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Except they've been very clear on where that information came from and that it was NOT fully vetted or verified.

Meanwhile, right-wing media ran stories about how Obama was clearly not American and Trump's whole, "You won't believe what they found" stories about his investigators. So much so that people still believe he's not a US citizen.
    They go on and on about Russia and Trump. And the whole Obama thing was started by Clinton not the right. They of course ran with it, but it doesn't change the fact that the left started that shit. Not going to sit here and defend Fox or CNN. They're both shit and have started retarded stories that are misleading at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    That's pretty much my stance on this as well.
    Why's everyone so quick to abandon their moral high ground when they see an opportunity to attack one's political opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    This is basically Trump's brownshirts trying to intimidate the free press.

Welcome to 1930s Germany, America.
    No, you don't know shit about people. Someone attacked a Reddit user and the cult type people attacked back. Learn about cult behavior and this makes 100% sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No, you don't know shit about people. Someone attacked a Reddit user and the cult type people attacked back. Learn about cult behavior and this makes 100% sense.
    ...what do you think the Hitler Brown Shirts or Mussolini Black Shirts basically were?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Trump has attacked every single news organization that isn't sucking his flaccid orange cock. Saying they are failing or that they are fake news because they post new articles about him every day.
    I am sure them blackmailing will help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...what do you think the Hitler Brown Shirts or Mussolini Black Shirts basically were?
    His claim was that it's Trumps army and that these people are just like Nazis. That's wrong. You can be a cultist without being a Nazi. You can be a left leaning cultist. This isn't hard to grasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.