Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I think you underestimate the resourcefulness of the commoners and their capacity for rage and revenge, and you greatly overestimate the 'power' of CNN. Do you think that doxxing a handful of CNN people is all that the internet can come up with?

You have a great many people in meatspace that think what the doxxers did was shitty, they think what CNN did was shitty, and they dont want any part of either side, yet they hate bullies. Let CNN decide to be scorched earth bullies, and those people will swing against CNN and side with the underdogs.
    I simply think that copious amounts of money can do almost anything this day and age is all.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    You're making random assumptions about people you don't know.
    And you're claiming "fake news" only because you've been told to do so. How are you any different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I simply think that copious amounts of money can do almost anything this day and age is all.
    You might be right, you might be wrong... I see CNN as Joshua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I suppose that's true, but thing I know for sure is that money can change people's mind instantly.
    That doesn't make people less likely to shit on CNN if they dox others.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And you're claiming "fake news" only because you've been told to do so. How are you any different?
    Go ahead and show me where I'm claiming "fake news" just because I was told to by...I don't know? The shady alt right guy you made up in your head or something?
    Last edited by Post; 2017-07-09 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Why are all the people involved in this story trying so hard to loose their moral high ground asap?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    About the dumbest thing I read so far.

If we are comparing only the release of info, of which CNN didn't release.... somehow that makes them worse? Really?
    It would seem your thoughts are too narrow on this subject. CNN has chosen to not release the information of the gif-maker, for the moment. I am in favor of this decision. CNN also decided to release said information in the future, should some unspecified condition be met. This is where I find fault. Those on Reddit who published the information of various CNN employees have committed a lesser "offense".

Which of these would you find more disagreeable?
    -Public figures coerce a private citizen into ceasing legal acts through threatening the publication of his personal information
    -Private citizens publish the personal information of public figures
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead and show me where I'm claiming "fake news" just because I was told to by...I don't know? The shady alt right guy you made up in your head or something?
    Why else would you say it - it's certainly not true, not any more than other who's false claims you challenge. You can name whomever you like as who told you - I don't care. But it's a lie - one that you were told by someone without ever bothering to check it for yourself.

Fake news is just another attack medium that is almost meaningless at this point. With our Deplorable-in-Chief tweeting it every time he's unhappy, it's become nonsense. So claiming it of any particular news organization, en banc, is just a lie. Whether you came up with it yourself or were told really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    CNN also decided to release said information in the future, should some unspecified condition be met.
    They didn't. They inserted what was essentially a legal disclaimer to highlight that they didn't strike a deal with him (which would be coercion).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    None of what you said changes the fact FOX gets to say just about anything and other some back page apologies or retractions no one bats an eye. while other agencies are held to some magical high standards.

But touching on your points. Just because all 17 or so agencies aren't running their investigations doesn't mean they backed off their conclusion. As for Seth they did retract out right saying but they still gladly and continually imply it. And heath insurances companies being greedy fuks has zero to do with the current topic on hand. While pushing a false narrative of "death spiral" sure is.

- - - Updated - - -

So a report by a foreign ally intelligence agent which the media sited in the stories of that exact thing is "zero evidence"
    fox is held to a pretty low standard, and everyone shits on Fox, hence the nickname of Fox news being Faux. People who make fun of CNN are considered nazis, racists, bigots, or trolls.

You're premise is wrong, no matter how strongly you believe it. This has become a matter of principle now. Sure there may be some who take money, but far more wont, and no, even with their "corporate power and money", they wouldn't stand a chance. This is a bear they REALLY do not want to poke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You're premise is wrong, no matter how strongly you believe it. This has become a matter of principle now. Sure there may be some who take money, but far more wont, and no, even with their "corporate power and money", they wouldn't stand a chance. This is a bear they REALLY do not want to poke.
    I think you underestimate greed, friend.

Deleted
    And now CNN gets to spin the angle of "Dem evil alt ruters stole my info, they could do it to you next!".

Why else would you say it - it's certainly not true, not any more than other who's false claims you challenge. You can name whomever you like as who told you - I don't care. But it's a lie - one that you were told by someone without ever bothering to check it for yourself.
    So you aren't even going to show me where I said it? You just made up this random ass scenario in your head dude, it's weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And now CNN gets to spin the angle of "Dem evil alt ruters stole my info, they could do it to you next!".
    True, but the alt-right is filled with less than savory individuals. Much like the regressive left. The world would be better off without either of these groups.

- - - Updated - - -

So you aren't even going to show me where I said it? You just made up this random ass scenario in your head dude, it's weird.
    I think that hurling "fake news" at everything you don't agree with is more issue. Not to say that you've personally done that. Fake news was Pizzagate or Donald Trump Claimed bailing out the auto industry didn't matter and to let it go. Both of these were complete bullshit fake news.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's much less weird than someone labeling an entire news network fake news.

- - - Updated - - -

TI think that hurling "fake news" at everything you don't agree with is more issue. Not to say that you've personally done that. Fake news was Pizzagate or Donald Trump Claimed bailing out the auto industry didn't matter and to let it go. Both of these were complete bullshit fake news.
    And he's labeling an entire news organization with it. And he just did it in this thread, fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Good on reddit. Fuck those fake news network employees.
    I didn't know they were attacking Infowars.

It's much less weird than someone labeling an entire news network fake news.
    Show me where I did this.

I think that hurling "fake news" at everything you don't agree with is more issue. Not to say that you've personally done that. Fake news was Pizzagate or Donald Trump Claimed bailing out the auto industry didn't matter and to let it go. Both of these were complete bullshit fake news.
    I think throwing up random stories at people who didn't do those things is the issue.

Show me where I did this.

I think throwing up random stories at people who didn't do those things is the issue.
    Name 1. Just one story that turned out that to be false. I will wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Name 1. Just one story that turned out that to be false. I will wait.
    Here's one, I didn't do this:

See your problem Orbitus is you went into CNN defense mode without even following what was going on or what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Moral of the story: don't attack members of Reddit, the community will fight back. Just imagine if this was a 4chan user.
    I thought the moral of the story was "CNN warned of doing a shitty thing, then people claiming the moral high ground then turned hypocrite and did the shitty thing."