Poll: A Heroic Leveling Difficulty for 1-109 ?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic Leveling 1-110

The majority of players wants to XP the fastest from 1 to level max. It's cool.

But a minority of us, wants to :
    - take time while leveling
    - feel the nostalgy of the old zones, instead to have to change zones every 2 hours because XP is too fast

It's the problem : xp is too fast, even without heirlooms.

The solution : An harder mode of difficulty for XP, like raids and dungeons have.

Exemple : When activate the Heroic Leveling Difficulty, a quest that used to give me 14k XP will give me 8,5k. And the damage of all mobs under max level (1-109) will hit +50% harder and they will have +50% more life (as affixs do).

Note: the heirlooms wouldn't works in this Heroic Leveling Difficulty.

What do you think about that ?
    Last edited by mmoce75d07e829; 2017-07-09 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    To be corollary with dungeons it would be mythic levelling surely?

I'd be far more punishing on XP gains though, enough that you'd have to at least some of every zone per expansion.

I think the problem with this is that some zones would not have enough quests (Hinterlands, for example only has 35 quests or something low like this), which would just end up being grinding mobs to make up for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    I'd be far more punishing on XP gains though, enough that you'd have to at least some of every zone per expansion.
    Yeah maybe 20-30% XP from the initial quest.
    The Leveling would be a true journey for those whom activate this Heroic Leveling Difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    I think the problem with this is that some zones would not have enough quests (Hinterlands, for example only has 35 quests or something low like this), which would just end up being grinding mobs to make up for this.
    The idea is : there is enough zones to go quest in another zone instead stay here grinding. This is the advantage : we would re-discover the older zones.

Deleted
    No. This is not single player game. Difficulty modes don't belong in MMORPG.

I'd be more interested in zone level scaling all the way through than in getting an experience handicap.

Deleted
    If you really want to experience all zones, why not freeze your XP and complete the zone?

I've been a proponent of a Mythic+ system where there are real mechanics on mobs, and their level and damage go up with each keystone level of sorts.
    So you can do +10 leveling and mobs are scaled to 70 while you are 60.
    Add that with mechanics like bolstering or grievous and you'll have a real challenge. Or even better, new mechanics like those on the Timeless isle where you can dodge everything, but if you get hit you will die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Yet they exist everywhere else in the game. Take that nonsense elsewhere.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I would surely like something like heroic leveling, as I feel current leveling is too easy and too fast.

Problem is: how to make it worthwhile comparable to normal leveling?

I think "heroic lelevelling" should be the default. It should take time and skill to level up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck quests! There much more to do for leveling except just questing - dungeons, mob grind, battlegrounds etc.

OP - Yes please.

Without difficulties WoW leveling IS single player game. Why need group when you can roflstomp everything.

If you really want to experience all zones, why not freeze your XP and complete the zone?
    I tried this. Its shit. You don't get a single EXP for your deeds and lost interest in leveling as whole. Its even worse than doing level 30 quests as 100 level and getting 10-20 xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Okay then we can get rid of LFR, Normal and Mythic raids.
    I know you may be saying that ironically, but: Yes please. Can we then spend all the time that was previously spent developing a million difficulty levels on developing more raids and dungeons instead, and give them different levels of difficulty, so we can have this thing called progression? That'd be great. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just add in Level scaling for the leveling experience, it would fix alot of problems and allow us to finish storylines without outleveling them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I think "heroic lelevelling" should be the default. It should take time and skill to level up.
    It hasn't ever taken skill to level up. Ever.
    At best leveling was a time sink in Classic, and has been sped up since then.

I'd prefer to have scaling tech in old zones. This way, I don't feel like I'm nerfing my xp gain and I get the challenge.

Deleted
    i would rather say that mobs, quests AND questreward level with you, so that you can walk through every zone of the game, no matter if you have heirlooms or not... blizzard is doing that with diablo3, the technology is there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure...heirlooms make current content a joke...nice if it was tuned up more...even nicer if we earned significantly more XP for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I'd prefer to have scaling tech in old zones. This way, I don't feel like I'm nerfing my xp gain and I get the challenge.
    Wouldn't mind that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I remember Hinterlands is that you had to grind a lot of mobs for quests anyway, also there was few quests for dungeons, mostly zulfarak

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    There is currently 0 challenge in leveling and would not be any more challenge with mobs scaling.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't truly matter as even in Vanilla Hinterlands was not a Zone you went to for leveling purposes most of the time, it was usually a place where people completed certain Class/Story quests. There are about 4-5 Zones of the Level range of Hinterlands that make it sufficient.