Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is why i just don't do anything outside of raids and have not since LFG was introduced. I prefer the BC and Classic game where you had to CC, plan pulls and take your time in dungeons. The grab it all and AOE it down mentality ruined everything in the game but raiding for me.

I absolutely respect OP's right to enjoy the game his own way, but that doesn't mean everyone should be forced to play his way.

Some of us swing both ways - we want to zerg some stuff, either because we're short on time or just because it's fun to zerg easy stuff, but we also like to chill for other stuff. This is a game we're talking about, some silly entertainment manipulating pixels on a computer screen. Why does any one of us get to dictate how others enjoy their game?

The tension only starts when players with different goals try to group together. That's the downside of queued content - you get who you get, completely random, without agreeing on goals ahead of time. If my tank lands in your H dungeon (something not likely to happen right away, as I'm done upgrading legendaries), I will be pulling everything to the boss because why not? You can AFK at the entrance or look for another tank if that's not your cup of tea.

The beauty of Group Finder is that you can specify not only content but also how you want to approach that content. Others can choose to join you or not, knowing either way what they are agreeing to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    This is why i just don't do anything outside of raids and have not since LFG was introduced. I prefer the BC and Classic game where you had to CC, plan pulls and take your time in dungeons. The grab it all and AOE it down mentality ruined everything in the game but raiding for me.
    M+ still involves CC; it just happens faster. Most of it is coordinated on the fly and has to be executed on the fly, without mistakes, or you won't complete high keys on time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    ...That's part of the fun.
    Or in my case... Tossing a Fireblast on Midnight, waiting for all the mobs to instant-pull to her, tossing up living bomb, combustion, Dragons Breath. Explosion. BOOM!
    Doh! I forgot they instant-pulled! And here I wasted time running around trying to drag them all. Thanks for the reminder this will save time next run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    --SNIP--
    Speaking as a 2007 WoW vet for both Progression and Casual gameplay, I find your arguments weak.

I last played WoW about 1/2 way through end game Cata(Ony HC was my last raid) and I took a break.

I just came back about 3 months ago and have decided to take the game slow and see the world. Am I far behind in the game. hell yea, do I care, not in the least. Do I want to do end game Legion hell yea, but am I going to go balls to the walls to get there, no.

I have started a BE Priest and am taking the time to go through the world and seeing all that there is and developed since Cata. I am currently just starting Hillsbrad Foothills. I have a Human Mage, I just wrapped up Redridge Mountains. I have an undead Lock who is somewhere.

So yes you can take it slow or you can Push it to the Limit, the choice is yours. I myself cannot STAND AT ALL the rush through everything to get to endgame mentality myself but understand that because I feel that way that should not affect the millions who do

Your argument is flawed by your own desires. You want to enjoy the scenery but are upset that you will miss out on the action that your guildies or friends are dong because you are taking it slow

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's a good measure of how well an expansion is performing when the Negative Nates need to come up with more and more retarded ways to bitch about the game.

It doesn't "need to die", and has been part of the game since WOTLK at the very least and the game still keeps going. Add to that fact how plenty of people play the game to their own tune and don't bother about performance. Don't ask that the rest of us slow (dumb) ourselves down to the level you're comfortable at. There's room for us all.

I will take it slow when I feel like it. I'll rush when I feel like it. See? Free will is amazing!
    And this is why OP is 100% right. Because if it's the fucking OP's fucking group and you fucking do shit that annoys him, then as a matter of fact you do need to fucking stop. /thread

That's the issue, you people seem to think you can play however the fuck you want when it's not even your fucking group.

I was tanking a 12 cos last night, should have been a very easy 3 chest. Our only problem was some piece of shit druid healer that kept pulling trash. This fucking piece of shit would shift in and out of travel form, use displacer beast, and do it real quick and deny ever doing it. I stayed because it was a friend's key only but that fucking guy is a prime example of the type of bullshit OP is talking about, barely ended up 1 chesting it because of this completely trollish/impatient resto druid who frankly could have afk'd and we would have been better off.

Going fast is okay, when it's warranted. Rushing ahead and pulling shit when you're not the tank and the tank is clearly annoyed and bothered by it and you're dumb antics are causing wipes or otherwise is making a smooth run unpleasant isn't okay.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-10 at 05:16 AM.

that moment where you cant tell when a post is a meme or just stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    And this is why OP is 100% right. Because if it's the fucking OP's fucking group and you fucking do shit that annoys him, then as a matter of fact you do need to fucking stop. /thread

That's the issue, you people seem to think you can play however the fuck you want when it's not even your fucking group.
    Cool and then you only have yourself to blame if the rest of the group leave if you are being purposely slow.

I was tanking a 12 cos last night, should have been a very easy 3 chest. Our only problem was some piece of shit druid healer that kept pulling trash. This fucking piece of shit would shift in and out of travel form, use displacer beast, and do it real quick and deny ever doing it. I stayed because it was a friend's key only but that fucking guy is a prime example of the type of bullshit OP is talking about, barely ended up 1 chesting it because of this completely trollish/impatient resto druid who frankly could have afk'd and we would have been better off.

Going fast is okay, when it's warranted. Rushing ahead and pulling shit when you're not the tank and the tank is clearly annoyed and bothered by it and you're dumb antics are causing wipes or otherwise is making a smooth run unpleasant isn't okay.
    Major difference between a trollish player and a slow paced group. And you know there is.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-10 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    ...Did you not read my post? Or did you just read the last little bit?

Common sense is dying, not WoW. I swear...
    Rush mentality. He rushed through your post to get to the end as quick as possible.

I think the game needs to get rid of levels. We already level with gear. Just tie the skill tree to a player's ilvl and problem solved. Major rat race gone. This way if you want too do TBC content, just go do it. You'll out gear it if you are in 900, but if you are in TBC appropriate gear, it will feel proper. No leveling, only new content would require a progression to get through it. Make a new character and run EN lfr that night or raid LK with like minded players in ilvl capped gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Cool and then you only have yourself to blame if the rest of the group leave if you are being purposely slow.
    And you only have yourself to blame if you get your dumbass kicked because you're a disrespectful little shit in someone else's group and you can't simply get along with other people. Good god you don't have a fucking argument kid.

Your whole argument is "hhahahaahahaha this isn't real life so you can't do shit about it !" This is everything wrong with the internet in general. You think just because you're safely behind your computer you don't need to treat people with respect you can just act like complete shitheads and do whatever you want.

Slow by the way isn't you're a fucking demon hunter or a druid with a lot more mobility than say a paladin or a DK rushing ahead after every single pull just because you can.

Also had a dumbshit druid tank chain pulling my hunter's 13 shoulda been ez as fuck 3 chest key, and the result was a fuck ton of bolstering, all because of a tank with this really idiotic and toxic attitude that everything ha to be rushed. SO rather than taking the downgrade with a different dungeon I bailed, then this guy has the nerve to start whispering me and cussing me out cause I bailed my own group.

Too bad I couldn't call the dude's parents up and have them shut off his fucking internet for a minute cuz that's what that fucker deserves.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-10 at 05:25 AM.

And you only have yourself to blame if you get your dumbass kicked because you're a disrespectful little shit in someone else's group and you can't simply get along with other people. Good god you don't have a fucking argument kid.
    Nor do you since your only real comeback was to throw insults at someone.

If people leave because the run is going slowly/poorly then good. Maybe they will find a better run. Perks of the premade finder. If group leader wants a smooth and slow run to experience it then they can state that in the premade finder. Helps to be specific about what kind of party you are wanting.

Your whole argument is "hhahahaahahaha this isn't real life so you can't do shit about it !" This is everything wrong with the internet in general. You think just because you're safely behind your computer you don't need to treat people like people.
    Oh the irony.

Slow by the way isn't you're a fucking demon hunter or a druid with a lot more mobility than say a paladin or a DK rushing ahead after every single pull just because you can.

Also had a dumbshit druid tank chain pulling my hunter's 13 shoulda been ez as fuck 3 chest key, and the result was a fuck ton of bolstering, all because of a tank with this really idiotic and toxic attitude that everything ha to be rushed. SO rather than taking the downgrade with a different dungeon I bailed, then this guy has the nerve to start whispering me and cussing me out cause I bailed my own group.

Too bad I couldn't call the dude's parents up and have them shut off his fucking internet for a minute cuz that's what that fucker deserves.
    Good thing I don't agree with DPS pulling in high Mythic + then isn't it? Never said that was the definition of slow. Slow is your tank doing a ready check every pull and moving at the speed of a snail for example. Also large packs of mobs can work on Bolstering if handled correctly. But I'll assume you meant he pulled way more than was able to be handled.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-10 at 05:29 AM.

Deleted
    The ammount of people who joined past Cata and defending this trash game WoW has become is amazingly sad. Every argument you try to bring, those stupid kidds try to devalise it by saying how perfect this game has become. That is why every single lead designer this game had, left the shipwreck.

THIS. today i was in a +11 arc with a 920+ guild group and a pug tank on the last boss the tank decides to leap past all the voidwalker adds in the gauntlet, the healer got stunned so we stop to kill the mob and the tank dies to grievous because he's on the other side of the map, causes a wipe then yells at us for being 'too slow'. because he has the GOGOGO mentality.
    as a tank your job is to protect the fucking group, not pull as fast as possible. and another thing; i don't give a single, solitary shit how geared you are as a tank if you pull everything and cause all the dps to die. a lot of mobs have cleave/aoe abilities that target players other than the tank. you're not a god and nobody is impressed that you survived if everyone else died. you're an utter twat.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2017-07-10 at 05:27 AM.

The "Rush Mentality" which currently defines WoW's gameplay and the community mindset has led me to the conclusion that this game is on the verge of entering its death throes
    No it's not.

I do get what you mean. I hate it. It's ridiculous and hardly any fun any more. But it seems as if this is the way how people nowadays want to play their video games. And Blizzard is obviously supporting this with their design. I guess it's called "fast-paced gameplay".

It's terrible, dumb and without finesse, but the game isn't "dying" because of it. It's just that people like you - or me - are slowly being left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post
    The ammount of people who joined past Cata and defending this trash game WoW has become is amazingly sad. Every argument you try to bring, those stupid kidds try to devalise it by saying how perfect this game has become. That is why every single lead designer this game had, left the shipwreck.
    Never said the game was perfect. No game is. But god forbid people like a game you don't right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    THIS. today i was in a +11 arc with a 920+ guild group and a pug tank on the last boss the tank decides to leap past all the voidwalker adds in the gauntlet, the healer got stunned so we stop to kill the mob and the tank dies to grievous and causes a wipe then yells at us for being 'too slow' because he has the GOGOGO mentality. as a tank your job is to protect the fucking group, not pull as fast as possible.
    Then that was the tanks fault for skipping mobs. I agree. However in a Mythic + speed helps. If you want a 3 chest then yes you have to be quick. But skipping mobs and endangering the group is not quick. It's stupidity. Those adds hit like a damn truck as well on 11.

So yes your tank was in the wrong I'm not denying that. But Mythic + is about getting the best time possible for the increased chests. But again that tank had the wrong idea of how to do it.

When you are randomly adding yourself into other peoples' groups, you will move at their pace. Dont expect them to slow down and hold your hand.

The main reason this exists is because of the way WOW's reward structure works... The game is based around the idea of endless grinding to get what you want, which fosters this mentality because it makes you want to get through it as fast as possible to have more opportunities to get what you want or increase the speed that you're getting what you want.

Also look at how WOW judges your skill...
    If you're a raider, the faster you clear the raid, the more props you get. The "best raid guilds" are considered so PURELY because of the speed in which they kill raid bosses. It doesn't matter if a guild of people with more skill can commit less time or less pulls to kill a boss, the only measurement is who does it first, even if it takes 16 hour days 7 days a week and wiping endlessly.

And for the "difficult" content WOW adds to the game, the only way they know how to make it challenging is by putting time limits on it to force you to move quickly. Challenge Modes started that, now Mythic Plus keeps the tradition going. Rush rush rush, beat the time limit.

So you might as well quit the game because it obviously isnt for you. The only way the speed beats all mentality is going to go away is if blizzard decides to start designing in a way that rewards careful planning and methodical tactics instead of just "be fast".
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Oh look, it's captain "Vanilla supreme"

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Oh look, it's captain "Vanilla supreme"
    Captain Vanilla Supreme, the latest avenger? xD

Deleted
    I'm not just talking about raids and dungeons, which is all the devs of this game seem to care about. fuck pvp, fuck a meaningful world, fuck the community and fuck every previous expansion and its content, fuck leveling, fuck everything else, lets just have ilvls with barebone stats, remove just about everything in the game and make it the most basic and pathetic version wow has ever seen.

Yeah, fuck wow and fuck activision blizzard.

I'm not just talking about raids and dungeons, which is all the devs of this game seem to care about. fuck pvp, fuck a meaningful world, fuck the community and fuck every previous expansion and its content, fuck leveling, fuck everything else, lets just have ilvls with barebone stats, remove just about everything in the game and make it the most basic and pathetic version wow has ever seen.

Yeah, fuck wow and fuck activision blizzard.
    So now you are just basically admitting you made this thread to dump on Blizzard and WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    THIS. today i was in a +11 arc with a 920+ guild group and a pug tank on the last boss the tank decides to leap past all the voidwalker adds in the gauntlet, the healer got stunned so we stop to kill the mob and the tank dies to grievous because he's on the other side of the map, causes a wipe then yells at us for being 'too slow'. because he has the GOGOGO mentality.
    as a tank your job is to protect the fucking group, not pull as fast as possible. and another thing; i don't give a single, solitary shit how geared you are as a tank if you pull everything and cause all the dps to die. a lot of mobs have cleave/aoe abilities that target players other than the tank. you're not a god and nobody is impressed that you survived if everyone else died. you're an utter twat.
    Typically people who do this kind of thing are not tanks, but DPS with a (very shitty poorly played) tank off-spec, not always but often.

And I can't stand that shit because I've been tanking since way before this game was a game so I get it. Pull no faster than it is reasonable for your group to kill things. If people die because you overpulled or threw shit out of position, you're a bad tank. Rushing ahead will more often than not end up slowing you down, unless it's trivial content then whatever.