Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best part of the deal for Everton maybe? They get a likely well motivated and talented player for free and pay a shell of his wages.

While sending someone the other way for premium fee plus addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Best part of the deal for Everton maybe? They get a likely well motivated and talented player for free and pay a shell of his wages.

While sending someone the other way for premium fee plus addons.
    Good financially for Everton but I wouldn't say he really improves thier starting 11 at all. Fergie tried getting rid of him years ago when he retired. No doubt he was a great player. But he did start very young at the professional level and went on at top level a year or two too long

Why do Man u always announce transfers before agreeing personal terms? It will be really embarrassing when something goes wrong at that stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Why do Man u always announce transfers before agreeing personal terms? It will be really embarrassing when something goes wrong at that stage.
    It was a bit weird they didnt wait with lindelof for the whole signed contract holding the shirt moment, but lukaku has ditched returning to goodison park for training and is waiting in LA for utd's tour and making videos with pogba about how he'll see him at training. So the deal is pretty far along

pretty funny video, any french linguists here?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-07-08 at 06:54 PM.

Still can't believe we haven't signed anyone yet.

Absolutely awful window so far. Heads should roll if this doesn't pick up quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Still can't believe we haven't signed anyone yet.

Absolutely awful window so far. Heads should roll if this doesn't pick up quickly.
    meltdown. To be fair you owners company is called Millhouse LLC :

Chelsea are really the Millhouse of football.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    meltdown. To be fair you owners company is called Millhouse LLC :

Chelsea are really the Millhouse of football.
    I would say we're more Mr Burns than Millhouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I would say we're more Mr Burns than Millhouse.
    Already wearing Chelsea colours.

I'm gonna go against what I assume will be the popular opinion and say that I think Rooney will do well at Everton. I won't defend his decline over the last few years, but I think the change of clubs (especially to Everton) will reignite his flame. He's not the athlete he was 5 years ago, but you can still get a few good years out of him.

I won't have any problems with people quoting this post if he has another average season though. That could very well happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'm gonna go against what I assume will be the popular opinion and say that I think Rooney will do well at Everton. I won't defend his decline over the last few years, but I think the change of clubs (especially to Everton) will reignite his flame. He's not the athlete he was 5 years ago, but you can still get a few good years out of him.

I won't have any problems with people quoting this post if he has another average season though. That could very well happen.
    Hes got great awareness on the pitch and can influence a game it seems ceremonial but hes a good lil lad.

Everton have gone crazy this window. They have a real desire to do be more than midtablers. I think the Lukaku money is being well spent.

Either of you watch Carricks testimonial? Wazza was off the pace vs people retired from the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Either of you watch Carricks testimonial? Wazza was off the pace vs people retired from the game
    yea it was a nothing game though, pretty much just a kick about in the park. Like preseason games, no indication of a team or players because its just an exibition.

I think Rooney was one of uniteds best players ever, certianly one of the best to put an England shirt on. You don't lose class like that, you lost a yard or two, a bit of fitness and maybe some hunger but the mind will always be there. I can see him impact subbing on and doing some damage.

Deleted
    I feel the money is being spunked on below average footballer and hopefuls personally.

Very similar to Spurs with the Bale cash - not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    yea it was a nothing game though, pretty much just a kick about in the park. Like preseason games, no indication of a team or players because its just an exibition.
    That is true. Scholes still has a killer pass on him though. Wazza tries those scholes log balls but he takes too many touches and doesn't have the speed to fire them off quickly enough and doesnt get the tempo on the ball right. So he just slows every counter attack down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I feel the money is being spunked on below average footballer and hopefuls personally.

Very similar to Spurs with the Bale cash - not impressed.

They are spending it far better than we spent our Bale cash.

Ours was pure panic, this looks very planned out.

Deleted
    Everton here.

The Pogba/Lukaku "bromance" is embarrassing. Two gobshites trying to film naturally. How many takes must they have gone through to do that video?

Think we've pulled Uniteds pants down with this deal. Rooney looks lean and a fresh challenge should provide the motivation. Time will tell.

And this isnt spunking cash from a big Sale. We've already spent more than the deal, and we're getting more players in.

Deleted
    Think someone at the Irish hearald might be looking for a new job :

10+ Year Old Account
    Good move for Rooney. He's been amazing for United. Yes, he has stayed a couple of years too long, but I've no doubt his name will still be sung, and he'll get an amazing reception when he plays at OT again. He's got all the records, and won literally everything at club level that there is to be won. So weird in the press saying it's all being a "muted farewell" and shit though.

New challenge with the club he truly loves will be good for him I'm sure.

Deleted
    BBC front page has 4 articles about Rooney and a live feed for his press conference coverage.

Not bad for a balding fat man who's been dogshit for three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    BBC front page has 4 articles about Rooney and a live feed for his press conference coverage.

Not bad for a balding fat man who's been dogshit for three years.
    Yeah but it's England we're talking about. They're all about celebrating the good times and looking back at nostalgia with fondness. It's the same with how every Premier League weekend is preceded by a silent minute because someone who used to work as a groundskeeper at the stadium 50 years ago died, or one of the players had a pet gerbil that died. It's pretty much all about celebrating, and in that respect Rooney has achieved things worth celebrating, even if it was a while ago now.