Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Spoilers~] Shadow Hunters & Alleria

The use of such power makes some... uneasy. But shadow is a force to be harnessed, not feared.
    Hearing Alleria's praise of the void had me thinking about Khal'ak's reverence for Vol'jin as a Shadow Hunter, and their standing in troll society. Could this be a truth that trolls have religiously embraced since their golden era? In the days to come could we see Shadow Hunters (and Priests) draw from the void to fight fire with fire in the same way Darion Mograine and Illidan Stormrage built their armies (added new classes~) with the weapons of the enemy?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Seriously, these baddies need to stop being vulnerable to their own stuff. FFS, that's what they know best, they should know how to defend against it.

Fucking dumbass Scourge and Legion...

Shadow Hunter hero class #confirmed (not this expansion). It will be very interesting seeing what Turalyon and Alleria bring to the table plot-wise.

Has there been any precedent for Alleria messing with shadow/void prior to this expansion? Seems very out of left field. And why would Turalyon approve?

More likely MM will become a Shadow Hunter as they already have several talentsthat Blizzard has said are intended to be in thst style. Plus they have her bow, so, non not a new class.

Honestly, whatever excuse they can mister up to bring back old sv, I'll take it. Call them shadow hunters baby, just gimme that old playstyle back!

If we ever get a ranger class we could have a set of specs baised on the windrunner sisters. Dark Ranger for Sylvanus, marksman styled ranger for Valeera & some kind of void styled, maybe even close to shadow hunter style for Alleria. Heck. Want a healing spec? Throw Tyrande in for a priestess of the moon styled spec.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Shadow Hunter hero class #confirmed (not this expansion). It will be very interesting seeing what Turalyon and Alleria bring to the table plot-wise.

Has there been any precedent for Alleria messing with shadow/void prior to this expansion? Seems very out of left field. And why would Turalyon approve?
    Yes. Quest in WoD where you find Alleria's arrows in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=37239/fate-of-the-fallen

Shadow Hunters like Vol'jin are not the same as what Alleria has done. She's become a voidhunter in the same way demonhunters become demonhunters. Shadow Hunters commune with the Loa of Death, among others. Granted they are pretty religious in their execution.

Unless Blizz plans on retconning Shadow Hunters and the death Loa as a void lord or old god. Alleria will be a bit of a one off, probably turning into some sort of raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yes. Quest in WoD where you find Alleria's arrows in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=37239/fate-of-the-fallen
    Hell, that quest now makes a lot of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Inb4 mop survival hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Hell, that quest now makes a lot of sense.
    Alleria has cultural fetish on orcs ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Turalyon doesn't approve, he is just in love
    And prospect of his love growing tentacles here and there is strangely alluring to him.

Deleted
    I think they're just doing the whole thing to go with the "Light and shadow coexistence" that have been refered during WoD, Legion and even the Chronicles books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Alleria has cultural fetish on orcs ?
    A mix of Orcs and Void is surely up to her tastes.

Imagine what she would do if she ever meets a Void Orc. She'd probably dump Turalyon.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    A mix of Orcs and Void is surely up to her tastes.

Imagine what she would do if she ever meets a Void Orc. She'd probably dump Turalyon.
    what you think why we found her arrows in Shadowmoon? its the one place that had both. ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleborn View Post
    what you think why we found her arrows in Shadowmoon? its the one place that had both. ;D
    The fact that we find it deep within the graveyard makes it even more disturbing. Unless she likes em that way.

So far on my list of things we will see next expansion.

Shadow Hunter Spec
    Night Elf Paladins

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised when we get a big void xpac if shadow hunters are a new class, harnessing the void to combat the void like DH's harness fel to combat demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    So far on my list of things we will see next expansion.

Shadow Hunter Spec
    Night Elf Paladins
    Forsaken Paladins too.

If the army of the light can have a freaking Nathrezim paladin. The god damn Forsaken can have them because some used to be Paladins in their former lives. If any creature were going to burn from the inside out from Holy magic it would be the demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The fact that we find it deep within the graveyard makes it even more disturbing. Unless she likes em that way.
    Necro-Alleria likes her unwilling partners to be as...quietier as possible. Dead quiet, one would say.