Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

DH's playstyle is boring me to death

Do you think this needs to change? I am 870 ilvl(alt) and the idea of waiting 10 seconds to 20 for a proc or for my Demon's Bite to generate fury is just.. And the whole damage output comes from Metamorphosis.. I am NOT hating or anything. Anyone else here agrees?

Deleted
    The RNG is what's mostly wrong with Havoc right now for sure.

That's why people were so disappointed when they reversed the 100% proc.

yep i agree, you just keep smashing the keyboard without too much depth
    its better than beastmaster but nowhere close to interesting imo

I find it really nice that havoc has 2 wildly different loadouts in nemesis and momentum. One of them is better at single target and extremely easy, while the other is better at aoe and extremely difficult to play perfectly.

I also really like that the nemesis build has some of the worst sustained dmg in the game, cuz it allows us to have some of the best burst in the game. I'm actually really enjoying playing my dh despite going from high tier to low tier in performance rankings, which is a first for me in this game

I think 10-20 seconds for a proc is a *bit* exaggerated, but I understand your point. After they made basically every class in the game some sort of generator-spender model, having a class where you have almost no control of your resource generation feels really fuckin weird. I don't mind playing a spec that isn't GCD locked (it's a nice change, actually), but it does kind of feel dumb that I am intentionally choosing pointless filler abilities (Fel Rush, Throw Glaive) because I literally have nothing better to do while I wait for Fury procs.

Since ure just 870 and an alt obviously mythic raid cutting edge its out of tje question atm so why dont you try demonic spec? With opimised gear is very close to CB spec on single targer and a beast on aoe and m+ not to mention an opener of 54 sec of meta sure u still spend some gcd on demon bite but hey atleast u dont look on your screen praying fury to come up. All in all i like demonic over cb spec for raid aswell and at 920ilvl sims just 14k behind cb spec with over 1 mil dps, i take that trade any day of the week

10-20sec is ridiculous exaggeration. There's also Felblade for further Fury generation and playing around your Fury bar is part of Havoc and always has been.

Though, I do agree that current standard build (2220311) is kinda bland and somewhat boring. You might try Demonic build (3320123 or w/ Nemesis) for once. It's a lot more fun IMO and good enough for anything below (semi-)hardcore progression.

Metamorphosis isn't our whole damage output. Absolutely overrated. It's Nemesis + Chaos Blades with or without Meta that make burst so crazy (less so since 7.2.5 changes). Meta is just the cherry on the top.

Also, gear up and pray for AotHG legy. A lot of the fun comes with better gear.

PS: You could always choose to not play a class you don't enjoy and move on.
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-07-10 at 01:07 PM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Play a Retri Pala and you will know what boring gameplay means

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Play a Retri Pala and you will know what boring gameplay means
    Ret paladin can be considered fun because it actually works around building holy power in several ways, and then spending it in a judgment window.

Far from considering how Havoc basically is use Blade Dance on CD and then fill with as much as CS as possible.

The class needs a full on redesign or it will be dead by the next expansion. I haven't rerolled because it would take me days played to catch up, otherwise i would have done it long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nerf shaman View Post
    I find it really nice that havoc has 2 wildly different loadouts in nemesis and momentum. One of them is better at single target and extremely easy, while the other is better at aoe and extremely difficult to play perfectly.

I also really like that the nemesis build has some of the worst sustained dmg in the game, cuz it allows us to have some of the best burst in the game. I'm actually really enjoying playing my dh despite going from high tier to low tier in performance rankings, which is a first for me in this game
    And different depending on whether you take chaos blades/fel barrage/demonic and what tier 2 talent you use (if you use demon blades or another one)! It's quite good, its just the main "single target" raiding spec is what everyone considers the best, and its a little boring. Think nemesis should be nerfed back to 20% dmg. They overbuffed nemesis as well as nerfing momentum in 7.1.5 All they needed to do was take away demon speed and move a couple talents and momentum uptime falls a lot making it unviable for some fights even if its mathematically the best.

Edit: Also it looks like they're pushing demonic for next patch, which is definitely more interactive gameplay than the current one. Its a bit of a combination of the old momentum burst windows while not having to move. Also not a boring ass flat % damage 2 min cooldown (other than nemesis for single target but nemesis is a lot more interactive than chaos blades anyway).
    Last edited by Resentless; 2017-07-10 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    it may seemed like a far fetched idea, but if you do not enjoy it anymore, there are plenty of other classes/games which you may enjoy.

Personally i think Havoc has great in depth play and really required attention to detail to play to a high skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

demon blades itself isnt the answer imo, passive fury gen isnt exactly super enjoyable either, it just feels vastly superior now that we all have high levels of crit/haste and you can passively get fury and reset felblade while using other fillers rather than spamming demons bite whenever you cant chaos strike. I think demons bite should have 2 charges and generate 40-50 fury (blizz said they want us to react to our fury bar... great design /s but whatever) on like a 4 second cooldown or something and do more damage than it currently does, say another 40%. It would feel satisfying and even the opener would be good. It even makes sense with our animations. Hit with left glaive hit with right glaive and spin with a chaos strike. Active and powerful fury gen that we still have to react to and weave into our rotation so we dont cap 2 charges or something. Obviously its a bit much with fel rush and possible throw glaive having 2 charges as well, but meh, I think thats the best solution. Otherwise demon blades at 100% is another good thing (and made baseline preferably).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

It's probably more of a problem for people at 900 ilvl and under, and with low haste or crit. At 920 ilvl, I found that those critical moments of fury starvation were more rare. And now at 927, I always have fury when I need it (and then some) and find myself wishing that my abilities hit harder when not in Meta/CB/Nem.

Edit: I'd also add that I've been playing with Soul of the Slayer+Mo'args bracers recently. Even though the bracers got nerfed and SoS has gimped stats this combo equates to a substantial Fury gen buff because you essentially are using other fairly strong abilities while Demon Blades is doing it's thing to generate fury: 1 GCD every 4-8 secs on a super cheap ability (Blade Dance) and 2 other GCDs on a completely free ability (Throw Glaive). I overcap easily with this combo if I'm not careful...obviously Anger of the Half Giants is not used here.
    Last edited by rhackin; 2017-07-10 at 04:28 PM.

I like demonic a lot more too and I hope they will make it the raid spec. On the other hand demonic has even larger dps variation than what we have now. As it's extremely dependant on the demonic apetite procs, which are doubtly bad as the souls are tiny and hard to see in raids anyways and it's easy to overcap fury if you have a few souls lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabak View Post
    the souls are tiny and hard to see in raids anyways
    Have you tried using the glyph to turn them green? I actually think they're much easier to see, despite half the shit we're not supposed to stand in being green fire.

And, FWIW, I've found it pretty effective to stand mostly still when playing Demonic. Souls have a tendency to absorb into you pretty easily the second you make a move toward them in either direction, but if you don't move, they just chill. If you're constantly dancing around, you'll eat them up right away and might not even notice that you did so. More of a mental thing, but it helps me to see when I have some excess Fury sitting nearby for when I get a good proc that I want to capitalize on instead of just eating everything up right away and (maybe) wasting it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cafecito820 View Post
    Have you tried using the glyph to turn them green? I actually think they're much easier to see, despite half the shit we're not supposed to stand in being green fire.

And, FWIW, I've found it pretty effective to stand mostly still when playing Demonic. Souls have a tendency to absorb into you pretty easily the second you make a move toward them in either direction, but if you don't move, they just chill. If you're constantly dancing around, you'll eat them up right away and might not even notice that you did so. More of a mental thing, but it helps me to see when I have some excess Fury sitting nearby for when I get a good proc that I want to capitalize on instead of just eating everything up right away and (maybe) wasting it.
    You don't even really need to see them or look for them. You just need to get into the habit of moving slightly (any movement, in any direction) when you need fury. Personally I use forward and back to pick them up...it's literally like a half step forward or back and I suck them all up.

You won't pick up souls if you don't move and they won't spawn to any location where you have to consciously walk to them. Obviously, if it's a high movement fight, you will get the errant soul that you have to go grab, but I find that to be rare. Plus you're a Demon Hunter, you're supposed to be zipping all over the place like a schizophrenic monkey.
    Last edited by rhackin; 2017-07-10 at 04:42 PM.

At this point rerolling is out due to the length of time required to get back up to speed. But next expansion I'm noping out of DH. I don't necessarily mind not being at the top for parsing but if we aren't a cleave class the ST damage needs to be upped. I don't think they even know what they want Havoc to be anymore. Rather go with a melee that has and will always be viable. Rogue or Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzvwald View Post
    At this point rerolling is out due to the length of time required to get back up to speed. But next expansion I'm noping out of DH. I don't necessarily mind not being at the top for parsing but if we aren't a cleave class the ST damage needs to be upped. I don't think they even know what they want Havoc to be anymore. Rather go with a melee that has and will always be viable. Rogue or Warrior.
    WutFace

Rerolling has never been easier in Legion, currently.

Thanks to heirlooms you can level up in no time via Legion Assaults. Artifact to 52 traits is a matter of few days at AK 40. Gearing up to 900+ is also a matter of 1-2 weeks or even faster if you got some friends who are willing to carry you. The only random factor where you can get fucked is legendaries but that's true for everyone.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzvwald View Post
    You can literally get a char to 110 with 900 ilvl, 40 AK, in under a week.