Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is WoW becoming a tablet/smartphone game ?

So after a long break I came back to our beloved game only to stumble upon this new Legion app. Out of curiosity I installed it and I saw some crazy stuff... You can level your character only from this app. Is this the beginning of a new era or is the grandmaster plan of our almighty talented, gifted and visionary game designer, Celestalon, finally catching contour ?

http://imgur.com/a/f6OsT

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96586338418688
    Last edited by mmoc9a7b76c6fb; 2017-07-11 at 10:51 AM.

Looks like someone took the wrong pills this morning.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you get character XP at WOD, but not in Legion.

That extra AP tokens are nice for holidays, but not replace in-game things.

Jesus Christ, the incredible nonsense people post on this forum.

Wrong kind of tablet. He's talking about the kind you use to draw. Along with that Having a mission that gives you 1% of a level isn't exactly playing the game for you.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is turning into a f2p game.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Of course.. /rolleyes

Deleted
    No.

There's really nothing more to discuss. At least in WoD with Garrisons there was a shred of an argument to start this ridiculous discussion with, after which it obviously became exceptionally clear that those statements make no sense whatsoever. They are the ramblings of mentally ill asylum escapees.

You should've made your long break a permanent one.

Deleted
    I don't understand the insults and bashing on my address. All I did was to ask a question and I also came with pure evidence to sustain my question.

Why are you guys so angry ?

Deleted
    No, it's turning into World of Diablo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post
    I don't understand the insults and bashing on my address. All I did was to ask a question and I also came with pure evidence to sustain my question.

Why are you guys so angry ?
    You're trolling, and judging by how obvious it is I consider it a particularly feeble attempt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You're trolling, and judging by how obvious it is I consider it a particularly feeble attempt.
    Can you explain to me how am I trolling ? I've asked a question also providing some background information and proofs. So please retain yourself if you have nothing useful to add. Thank you.

TBQH, unless you need macro buttons on your mouse, tablet replaces it quite nicely. I have one of Wacoms that I use for drawing and when I do so I never use mouse for navigation through menus, right clicking, etc, tablet and its pen do it all w/o any issues.

Obv, you and people like you either don't understand or ignore the difference between something like Apple's iPad and Wacom's Intuos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBQH, unless you need macro buttons on your mouse, tablet replaces it quite nicely. I have one of Wacoms that I use for drawing and when I do so I never use mouse for navigation through menus, right clicking, etc, tablet and its pen do it all w/o any issues.

Obv, you and people like you either don't understand or ignore the difference between something like Apple's iPad and Wacom's Intuos.
    Nice try, Celestalon.

Here, copy-pasted from Wacom's website: "Meet the Wacom family of Intuos pen tablets / Wacom's line of creative pen tablets include a range of choices for your creative interests"

From what I can understand, a tablet is still a tablet. So don't try to dismantle my question please. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt a tablet is powerful enough to run wow's insane 3d graphics. you need a high powerful computer to load all the textures and realistic lighting, unless you have top of the line tablet u can not hope to have enough CPU ram to enable anything more than a few frames per second
    Hi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post
    Can you explain to me how am I trolling ? I've asked a question also providing some background information and proofs. So please retain yourself if you have nothing useful to add. Thank you.
    ooh look: a guy whose name is "Fuck Blizz" just with the two first letters swapped around, goes and makes a ridiculous assertion backed up by flimsy "evidence" intended to incite everyone asking us to explain what he did wrong....

PS: It's obvious that WoW isn't becoming a tablet game. You're only saying it is because you're trying to rile people up

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i doubt a tablet is powerful enough to run wow's insane 3d graphics. you need a high powerful computer to load all the textures and realistic lighting, unless you have top of the line tablet u can not hope to have enough CPU ram to enable anything more than a few frames per second
    You have no idea what you're talking about, don't you?

Graphic/pen tablets/displays don't need to do any of that. They are either huge displays or "touchpads" w/ pens. They are pointing devices (just like your mouse), they don't run WoW.

My mouse isn't powerful enough to run WoW either, but somehow it still works fine as a controlling device.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Put down the fucking crackpipe.

Deleted
    Looking at the new smartphones specifications like the new Samsung Galaxy S8 ( Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz, ARM Mali-G71 MP20 GPU (900 Mhz) , 4 GB Ram, etc) i can safely assume that they are far more advanced than some laptops WoW used to run. So i guess WoW could run on tablets in the near future, maybe that is the plan ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    PS: It's obvious that WoW isn't becoming a tablet game. You're only saying it is because you're trying to rile people up
    Well I can level my character to 110 only by using the Legion app. So your point is not valid, sorry. Also see my above answer to Mokoshne. Thanks.