Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Slower = requires more dedication = harder. At least that's my definition of hard in an RPG. This isn't some mechanical action game but this is an RPG. When I say getting exalted with the wintersabre trainers was hard in Vanilla I don't think I'm misusing the word 'hard' in this context. Farming is by definition a key part of any RPG, something that requires more farming makes something harder.
    While I agree to some degree with you, sadly WoW doesn't have that much rpg left in it. Things used to be hard due to alot of farming and being top end Raider didn't require much skill, nowadays it's more about being a skilled player.

https://www.twitch.tv/vizoukgg

alpha starting KJ progress now, first time end boss being streamed before WF kill?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mahesvara View Post
    Wasn't avatar hotfixed twice before the kill? I remember hearing he took a 5% hp nerf an a 10% dmg reduction on the green swirlies.
    The very first, and most significant, hotfix that Avatar received was a nerf to his HP. This nerf happened right at the very beginning of progession on him, before all the "mathematically impossible" shitposts started.

After Method killed the boss and humiliated everyone on here/Reddit who claimed the boss was impossible they immediately started moving goalposts and claiming they weren't wrong the boss was just hotfixed. In reality the biggest hotfix had happened several days earlier and nobody knows when the second, smaller change occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Korethas View Post
    In reality the biggest hotfix had happened several days earlier and nobody knows when the second, smaller change occurred.
    Phase 2 was fixed/nerfed on Monday night, a day before we killed it. That had more impact than the 5% health nerf as it allowed you to play p2 until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Phase 2 was fixed/nerfed on Monday night, a day before we killed it. That had more impact than the 5% health nerf as it allowed you to play p2 until the end.
    Please take your firsthand experience elsewhere and let us plebs speculate with unbending certainty on what truly happened.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    The Alpha wipes are funny OOOOOOAAAAAAHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Anyone know if guilds like Future do anything to keep morale up? They raid for so long and are constantly wiping, I imagine after awhile you probably couldn't be bothered to hit your keys. Would find that pretty interesting to learn about if they do anything specific. I like to imagine every player in a top tier guild has their own little technique for staying in the zone and staying motivated. Streaming probably helps for those that do.
    Well these arent normal human beings, they are broken people lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

alpha starting KJ progress now, first time end boss being streamed before WF kill?
    Can you imagine if there's like a mythic-only phase and we get to experience it first hand with them during stream? That would be so legit, make it happen Alpha!

Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    Alpha's streamer (warrior) said that they'll continue streaming on KJ attempts; but if they start to get close and Method/Exorsus still has not killed it, they will stop streaming "out of respect for tradition".

He also mentioned that he'll be switching to ret for KJ.
    lawl dumbb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    Can you imagine if there's like a mythic-only phase and we get to experience it first hand with them during stream? That would be so legit, make it happen Alpha!
    They're having problems getting past the first set of adds with BL + healing CDs, doubt they can get anywhere close to surviving long enough in the first 500 wipes or so.
    The fight / damage is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

Looks like it. That fight is insanity 10 seconds in. we are on week (3?) of this race. Im guessing method/exorsus and everyone else is going to be going back to raiding their regular times? Everyone have have that much time off,vacation, and sick days can they?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    You are aware that the black temple Attunement was only removed after sunwel was removed and that my guild that you called bad entered BT way before that.
    Wat? Sunwell removed?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Temple_attunement

As of Patch 2.4, this attunement will not be needed to gain access to the Black Temple

Sunwell came out in 2.4.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    Looks like it. That fight is insanity 10 seconds in. we are on week (3?) of this race. Im guessing method/exorsus and everyone else is going to be going back to raiding their regular times? Everyone have have that much time off,vacation, and sick days can they?
    na, do these guys work anyway? Actually, i think they are all full-time computer games players.

Deleted
    i said it before, steaming during world first race is the only way this event will attract more people, even new ones for the game
    and it will bring more competition to the race
    blizzard and guilds like method/exorsus failed really hard here, their behavior is just counterproductive and ignorant
    havent had so much fun for a long time thanks to Alpha
    and yet people keep argue in favor of the CIA top secret progress bullshit

alpha streamed their Avatar progress 5 days straight, now since they got the kill, hundreds of guilds will instantly follow 8/9,
    secret revealed right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noknoknokia View Post
    alpha streamed their Avatar progress 5 days straight, now since they got the kill, hundreds of guilds will instantly follow 8/9,
    secret revealed right?
    Doubt that will happen. Suppose that is sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    na, do these guys work anyway? Actually, i think they are all full-time computer games players.
    i think some are students. There is one person in method who has like their artifact at 60, and thats after rerolling I think. thats a lot of wow playing. I took a break for almost 3 weeks and im just barely getting to like the second or 3rd rank of the legionfall buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by noknoknokia View Post
    i said it before, steaming during world first race is the only way this event will attract more people, even new ones for the game
    and it will bring more competition to the race
    blizzard and guilds like method/exorsus failed really hard here, their behavior is just counterproductive and ignorant
    havent had so much fun for a long time thanks to Alpha
    and yet people keep argue in favor of the CIA top secret progress bullshit

secret revealed right?
    more competition to the race isn't being hindered by lack of streaming or popularity. It's hindered by the huge time investment it takes to compete at the method/exhorsus level. There are too many other good online games out now for people to give a shit about day raiding in a 14 year old game. If wow was the only one in town like vanilla/tbc days then maybe you'd have more competition even with the same amount of time required. But right now, unless the time comitment goes down I don't see the competition going up IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Healthy food, fresh air, drinking water and not energy drinks and crap like this.

Fresh air and drinking water is what I do when a new expansion hits and I have to level for a long time, I am feeling much better and have better endurance with ONLY this 2 things
    The warrior from Alpha who was streaming was smoking during pulls and drank some kinda orange juice liquid inbetween. He is also so skinny that it looks like he has not had a single meal for the past 2 weeks. He didn't look tired at all though, i guess the hype was keeping them all awake.

i think some are students. There is one person in method who has like their artifact at 60, and thats after rerolling I think. thats a lot of wow playing. I took a break for almost 3 weeks and im just barely getting to like the second or 3rd rank of the legionfall buff.
    if you were able to chain run 10+ in 15-20 mins you could probably get close. He still probably played a lot but he has access to mythic + clears that most people dont.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    The warrior from Alpha who was streaming was smoking during pulls and drank some kinda orange juice liquid inbetween. He is also so skinny that it looks like he has not had a single meal for the past 2 weeks. He didn't look tired at all though, i guess the hype was keeping them all awake.
    a world first raider not being healthy... you don't say........

I have 59/52/52 on my main and 2nd alt from basically doing WQs/missions/weekly m+ and 60/52 on my DH alt from same source and I'm not even mythic raider lol. You just need to invest like 30min/day to do AP WQs every day...