Thread: DE LT macro?

DE LT macro?

Hey guys I'm curious if there is a way to make a macro so that when I use Demonic Empowerment I Life Tap also? Someone in my guild told me I could but I can't seem to make it work.

No you cannot. Life Tap is on the GCD (Global Cooldown), even though it is instant cast, it locks you out of all other spells for 0.5-1.5 seconds (depending on haste).

Demonic Empowerment is also on the GCD and has a cast time, this means that it cannot be macroed to be performed at the same time as any other spell on the GCD (such as Life Tap).

You *can* make a spell sequence macro, which would let you double tap the macro to first perform one spell, then perform the other, but imo that is relatively pointless unless you are just low on keybinds.

TL;DR - No you can't do that, you can only macro simultaneous casts if one of the abilities in question is off the GCD.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cerenitie
    Shyara

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    Hey guys I'm curious if there is a way to make a macro so that when I use Demonic Empowerment I Life Tap also? Someone in my guild told me I could but I can't seem to make it work.
    Even if you could this is such a bad idea for your DPS.

Do you have Weakuras? Make/import an annoying one and you will soon learn to Lifetap. Even better though just train yourself to look at your resources and cooldowns etc more and you will become a better player for it.

Ok thanks so much!

I know that either in WoD or maybe Mists there was a spell cast macro where all you did was tap the button over and over, and it casts the spells that was listed on the macro in succession. I forget how it was set up but back then for the opener it was one of the better ways to get it off.

Could probably use that if you were dead set on it but I forget how the macro was set up.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I know that either in WoD or maybe Mists there was a spell cast macro where all you did was tap the button over and over, and it casts the spells that was listed on the macro in succession. I forget how it was set up but back then for the opener it was one of the better ways to get it off.

Could probably use that if you were dead set on it but I forget how the macro was set up.
    Probably a garbage cast sequence macro you have to mash.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    People tend to talk about stuff they don't have a clue about.
    Best solution is as Spikeyshadow said, Weak Aura.

I am using this WA:

https://wago.io/NyyqPfn_G

I just changed size and position (can't link my own becauseI am at work now) and no access to game.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson