Deleted

Accessibility's dark side

Tl;DR
    Reading through front page's article, I come to a conclusion that YouTube, Mmo-champion and wowhead have killed the hype for me ever since.

I too explored every bit of TBC myself, I started gaming before BT's release. I never even got to fight Kiljadean in Sunwell, even entering that raid was a dream. now every information is available, you can search through them, this has killed the exploration aspect of this mmo game. what was once a great genre has been killed by some people that try to make a job off of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, have to admit that you were part of killing your own hype then. You are actively using the tools which does their job to investigate and feed the community.

I know some whom bookmark the sites to now show the frontpage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    Tl;DR
    Reading through front page's article, I come to a conclusion that YouTube, Mmo-champion and wowhead have killed the hype for me ever since.

I too explored every bit of TBC myself, I started gaming before BT's release. I never even got to fight Kiljadean in Sunwell, even entering that raid was a dream. now every information is available, you can search through them, this has killed the exploration aspect of this mmo game. what was once a great genre has been killed by some people that try to make a job off of it
    So stop reading it? You have killed your own hype, not YT, MMOC and Wowhead.

Deleted
    Don't like information, don't acquire it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest Problem is: you can try to avoid reading information but people around you do it. So you get spoiled anyways.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Biggest Problem is: you can try to avoid reading information but people around you do it. So you get spoiled anyways.
    pretty much this, I've tried to avoid, but curiosity is like an addiction...

7+ Year Old Account
    WoW spoilers are very easy to go around.

this isnt GoT where everyone and their grandma scream in your face what's up next.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. Every time I see some lore spoiler, datamined changes and PTR additions, it only take a couple of hours for it to be discussed in-game through trade chat and such.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP, dont want the information, then dont look at it.

Formerly known as Arafal

It was just as easy to see spoilers and shit during Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    WoW spoilers are very easy to go around.

this isnt GoT where everyone and their grandma scream in your face what's up next.
    I take it you don't socialize with your guild, eh? Or is your guild just even less interested in this stuff than you?