Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    What do you mean?
    I assume you are taking pol as being representative of the average internet user? They are not. Are you trying to say pol would say they are just joking about their jew hate? They are not.

You are trying to argue a vast majority of people online are anti-semitic and your source one site that's known to be openly anti-semitic. May as well claim the entire internet is racist because the KKK happens to have a domain.

Basically, pol is pol. It's trash and nobody but themselves takes them serious.
    And it is not a place for sensitive people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Your last point is the only correct one.
    Cool, I'm glad there was something we could agree on

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    The people you defend here did make racist statements. Youu say it's not your job to proove they were lying, and it's our job to proove they are telling how they really feel. This basically means you are expecting us to presume they lie by default.
    What the hell are you talking about? I didn't say anything like that. I said if you're going to say they're lying about joking, you gotta prove it.

Are there more actual incidents? Or just random reports, because I've seen a sharp increase in false flags as well. And if we can actually prove these were real, which by the way "“Kill the Jews, Vote Trump.” sounds hilariously fake, then we need to also connect those to the random Internet people making jew jokes, which people have been doing forever.

Go to /pol/. Open a random thread. You'll find people stating we should gas the k*kes. Kill the n*ggers. Rape random female journalist they are mad at right now.
    Welcome to the Internet.

When pressed people will say those are jokes. What is the joke, though? Who or what are we supposed to laugh at? And how is it distinguishable from real hate if there is no indication at all? Practically what is the difference?
    The difference is they aren't going to actually go out and do it, and they don't mean it. If they do mean it it isn't a joke, and they're assholes. Pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Benjamin Franklin cartoon from 1754, trying to stir up revolution which it did in part.

Political cartoons in newspapers are the original memes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I assume you are taking pol as being representative of the average internet user? They are not. Are you trying to say pol would say they are just joking about their jew hate? They are not.

You are trying to argue a vast majority of people online are anti-semitic and your source one site that's known to be openly anti-semitic. May as well claim the entire internet is racist because the KKK happens to have a domain.

That's not what the argument here is all.
    Actually we are arguing against people who actually made the bolded claim in your post.

No, I am saying large swaths of the right wing internet is openly reactionary. It's not just 4chan. Reddit, twitter, youtube, you find that shit all over. There are huge shit lord communities on all social media. With thousands of subscribers, followers, viewers.

And pol does real damage. They raid, send death/rape threats, doxx people, get people to shoot up pizza places.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

When troll and bot mobs spam and drown out everybody else that is not really democratic.
    They are trolls because you disagree with them. If you agreed would be sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? I didn't say anything like that. I said if you're going to say they're lying about joking, you gotta prove it.

Welcome to the Internet.

They said they are joking in some few occasions, but as the person you originally replied to said, they make racist claims on a regular basis.
    And judging by your "welcome to the Internet" comment, I can safely assume you believe they are "joking" by default, IE lying.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    How many leftists groups unironically engage in thinly veiled antisemitism as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Disagreeing would require an argument. A hundred people spamming the same images, phrases over and over under every post/tweet/ whatever is trolling.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Cool, I'm glad there was something we could agree on
    Not often you see someone on this site stick to their words. Good on you m8.

That's not what the argument here is all.
    Actually we are arguing against people who actually made the bolded claim in your post.
    He claimed people who post GTKRWN only say they are joking as a defense. The problem is he used pol as an example. pol would never say they are joking.

If what he meant is pol is an example that all the comments who claim they are joking are really not because one shitty imageboard online that has been anti-semitic forever exists, then it is delusion and may as well claim all racism online is real because the KKK also have a website.

It's grasping.

They said they are joking in some few occasions, but as the person you originally replied to said, they make racist claims on a regular basis.
    And judging by your "welcome to the Internet" comment, I can safely assume you believe they are "joking" by default, IE lying.
    You're trying to connect unrelated statements for some reason. Stop. Or just don't ignore the last part of the post...

The difference is they aren't going to actually go out and do it, and they don't mean it. If they do mean it it isn't a joke, and they're assholes. Pretty simple.

He claimed people who post GTKRWN only say they are joking as a defense. The problem is he used pol as an example. pol would never say they are joking.

If what he meant is pol is an example that all the comments who claim they are joking are really not because one shitty imageboard online that has been anti-semitic forever exists, then it is delusion and may as well claim all racism online is real because the KKK also have a website.

It's grasping.
    It was about online communities with a history in posting discriminatory content who use comedy as an excuse to continue their behavior.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was about online communities with a history in posting discriminatory content who use comedy as an excuse to continue their behavior.
    pol does not fit that description. They are openly discriminatory and don't excuse it with anything. That's all I'm saying.

You're trying to connect unrelated statements for some reason. Stop. Or just don't ignore the last part of the post...
    Ok,
    You need to proove this. You are assuming they do not mean what they say (lying), and they are not going to actually do what they say ( again lying).
    And btw, if they do what they say, they are more than assholes, they are criminals, which pretty much means we are right when we say these kinds of behavior needs to be heavily monitored.

Ok,

You need to proove this. You are assuming they do not mean what they say (lying), and they are not going to actually do what they say ( again lying).
    And btw, if they do what they say, they are more than assholes, they are criminals, which pretty much means we are right when we say these kinds of behavior needs to be heavily monitored.
    It's like your bias is blinding you to the second half of the quote. ---> If they actually mean it, it isn't a joke. <---

It's like your bias is blinding you to the second half of the quote. ---> If they actually mean it, it isn't a joke. <---
    I already answered this in previous posts.
    It's practically a scape goat, you came up with, pretty much like the way those people came up with "it's just a joke" analogy.

I already answered this in previous posts.
    It's practically a scape goat, you came up with, pretty much like those people came up with "it's just a joke" analogy.
    If it's a joke it's a joke, no matter how much you want it not to be. If you think it isn't a joke you have to prove it.

If it's a joke it's a joke, no matter how much you want it not to be. If you think it isn't a joke you have to prove it.
    Words have definitions, you can't claim everything is a joke when shit hits the fan.
    Even if we assume you can, as I mentioned before, many of these communities are making discriminatory claims on a regular basis and only in very few occasions they said it was a joke.
    If you want me to assume all these claims are jokes, well, that's what I said in the first place, you want us to assume people you defend are lying by default.

Words have definitions, you can't claim everything is a joke when shit hits the fan.
    Which definition excludes the things we're talking about?

Even if we assume you can, as I mentioned before, many of these communities are making discriminatory claims on a regular basis and only in very few occasions they said it was a joke.
    If you want me to assume all these claims are jokes, well, that's what I said in the first place, you want us to assume people you defend are lying by default.
    You don't have to assume they're jokes, but if someone says something and you ask them and they tell you it's a joke, then it's probably a joke.