Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think Humans should use the Vrykul model, because if Vrykul became a race I think everyone would drop Human instantly. Vrykul look better in every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    If Blizzard ever implements sub races, they'll probably be the sub-race for humans.
    Technically speaking, Human would have to be a sub-race of Vrykul...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Technically speaking, Human would have to be a sub-race of Vrykul...
    Technically speaking, Tauren already have problems with doors and Vrykul would have to be taller than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yes.

People's lack of imagination aside, Blizzard are likely to implement the race somehow if there's a big enough wish from the population to have Vrykul.
    Exacly, just like they have already implemented playable High Elves, like, twice?

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Technically speaking, Tauren already have problems with doors and Vrykul would have to be taller than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Exacly, just like they have already implemented playable High Elves, like, twice?
    High Elves would be Blood Elves with blue eyes though, so that's kind of a dumb comparison.

Remember how they'd "never implement playable Pandas cos reasons"? Yeah... Again, randoms on a forum lacking the imagination for how Vrykul could be implemented in practical terms =/= the developers of the game functioning that same way.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If they want to bring new races in 8.0, Vrykul/Ogre looks like easiest option for Blizzard.
    Ogre isn't so "easy" as we have 0 female ogre representation in the game. Yes new models can be made but aren't as accustomed to as Vrykul are. Also armor is different.

Vrykul is easy however, as they clearly got different faces/hairstyles and already wear player armor/weapons just fine, with animations etc.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-11 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Ogre isn't so "easy" as we have 0 female ogre representation in the game.

Vrykul is easy however, as they clearly got different faces/hairstyles and already wear player armor/weapons just fine, with animations etc.

Indeed, you can already "test" female/male vrykul if you've done the storm peak quests.

I expect any new race to be done like the new character models though where the entire model is remade and it keeps the old style as much as possible.

Imo they resemble playable humans to much, so they would fit better as a subrace to them.

Deleted
    High Elves would be Blood Elves with blue eyes though, so that's kind of a dumb comparison.
    Not by the criteria you proposed and to which I was responding:
    Blizzard are likely to implement the race somehow if there's a big enough wish from the population
    Remember how they'd "never implement playable Pandas cos reasons"? Yeah... Again, randoms on a forum lacking the imagination for how Vrykul could be implemented in practical terms =/= the developers of the game functioning that same way.
    Yeah, and there surely was a much louder outcry for pandas than for high elves. yeah....

Vrykul as a playable race has been an interesting thought in my head for a while now. On on the one hand, they're related to humans so they have a connection to the Alliance. On the other hand, culturally they fit in better with the Horde.

If they were given to either faction it would add something to the faction. Give the alliance another 'savage' race to play, or give the horde another 'pretty' race to play. Because of how well they can fit with either faction the idea of them being a 2nd neutral race seems like it would work, but then I remember back mid or maybe late MoP blizzard saying that the neutral part of the Pandarens didn't work out as well as they hoped.

They're in a very unique place and I have no idea what Blizzard will do with them, if they're ever made playable that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    Vrykul as a playable race has been an interesting thought in my head for a while now. On on the one hand, they're related to humans so they have a connection to the Alliance. On the other hand, culturally they fit in better with the Horde.

If they were given to either faction it would add something to the faction. Give the alliance another 'savage' race to play, or give the horde another 'pretty' race to play. Because of how well they can fit with either faction the idea of them being a 2nd neutral race seems like it would work, but then I remember back mid or maybe late MoP blizzard saying that the neutral part of the Pandarens didn't work out as well as they hoped.

They're in a very unique place and I have no idea what Blizzard will do with them, if they're ever made playable that is.
    What do they think didn't work well with Pandas being neutral? I had never heard of this until now (but then again as I said, I have not been paying attention to WoW since early Cata...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wikinger View Post
    Hello all,

I've been away from WoW since Cataclysm basically, but I felt bored and decided to check the state of the game.
    I haven't kept up with WoW's lore/news or changes since early Cata, but I decided to roll a new character because I always liked to start a new fresh toon in a server I've no one to help me with anything.

I was wondering, are Vrykul likely to become a playable race in the near future? are there any signs pointing to it?
    I ask because I always wanted to main a Vrykul warrior, as RP is very important to me, and their addition as a playable race would definitely bring me back to the game.
    I'd kill to be able to play as a Vrykul.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

No.

/10something

Quote Originally Posted by wikinger View Post
    What do they think didn't work well with Pandas being neutral? I had never heard of this until now (but then again as I said, I have not been paying attention to WoW since early Cata...)
    I personally think it worked out well. It was in an interview IIRC that a dev said feedback on it wasn't as well received as they would have liked. I don't recall any specifics, if any were given.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Why wouldn't Vrykul join the Horde?"
    Because the leader of the Horde fucked with their angelic demigod.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    Ogre isn't so "easy" as we have 0 female ogre representation in the game. Yes new models can be made but aren't as accustomed to as Vrykul are. Also armor is different.

yeah? There were no female goblin and worgen yet we got acustomed easely when cataclysm released

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd kill to be able to play as a Vrykul.
    Make a human and stock up on Elixir of Giant Growth.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    yeah? There were no female goblin and worgen yet we got acustomed easely when cataclysm released
    NPC Female Goblin did exist long before cataclysm.

Gilnean worgen are humans, so of course females exist.

Ogre females are mostly joked about only, of course they could be added in some way, I still think Ogre models are harder to adapt as they pretty much use custom armor even their WoD models don't feel suitable for player models imo. Just my opinion.

If they end up playable Ogres, I would like at least armor that covers up the chest instead of being a tank top.

I never exclude ogres but Vrykul and Naga are definately more suitable imo.

I rather see sub-races or Naga however, we know naga models are fully compatible with armor, legs/boots might not show.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-12 at 12:33 AM.

sub race for the humans

7+ Year Old Account
    NPC Female Goblin did exist long before cataclysm.

Gilnean worgen are humans, so of course females exist.

Ogre females are mostly joked about only, of course they could be added in some way, I still think Ogre models are harder to adapt as they pretty much use custom armor even their WoD models don't feel suitable for player models imo. Just my opinion.
    do you think ogres reproduze how? mitose? of course there are females, they just didn't show to us yet, just like, the female orcs/trolls/taurens prior the vanilla

there are some theories about a island who is the land of the female ogres, so they should explore this, with a female ogre as racial leader, would be awesome

and the amor thing its just a mino thing, every new race get a new updated model anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Do you have a source to support that claim?

Personally, I see them similar to human height; nothing in-game indicates they are as tall as Trolls, let alone Tauren..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/