Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why don't they remove the upvote button too then?

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone said something dumb like

"Vanilla had the best PvP"
    "Ability bloat is a problem"
    "This game is too hard"
    "Legion class design is great"

They deserved to be downvoted.

I think they should get rid of the upvotes too. Voting has no place in a discussion forum because it stops people from actually discussing things and instead just give a thumbs up.

Downvoting something doesn't tell anyone WHY you disliked it which is the important part of any discussion.

Forums are for talking, it's not facebook where it's more personal. You're talking to people about the game, voting has no place in discussion unless it's a poll.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    What's up with the world anyway with all this downvoting, upvoting, liking and all the random bullshit? Does it really matter to people that person X liked their post or status? Am I the only one not caring about this?

Wrong move by Blizzard to even consider having up and downvotes for a forum where you discuss ingame topics. It's like they were to lazy to moderate themselfs, which led to the forum beeing more of a clusterfuck now then it was in the beginning. Blame Activision...

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    What's up with the world anyway with all this downvoting, upvoting, liking and all the random bullshit? Does it really matter to people that person X liked their post or status? Am I the only one not caring about this?
    People are weird, there's a bunch of people for whom likes are everything, who feel depressed, emotionally drained if they're either downvoted or don't get enough likes. For many getting likes/upvotes is the same as being told that they're loved.

And obv attention whoring is nothing new.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-12 at 06:49 AM.

Should have both likes and dislikes but charge you a quarter every time you like or dislike something.

That way you only get liked or disliked by people that actually care, because even though there are some out there with that much of a disposal income that they would abuse it to troll people on forums, they would be an extreme minority and not enough of them to offset all the legit use.

Also, blizzard would be rollin in moneys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post

Wrong move by Blizzard to even consider having up and downvotes for a forum where you discuss ingame topics. It's like they were to lazy to moderate themselfs, which led to the forum beeing more of a clusterfuck now then it was in the beginning. Blame Activision...
    The etiquette is a little weird too. Like if someone posts on facebook that their grandmother just died, are you supposed to like it? Or dislike it? Or what.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...7587012#post-8

No longer can people troll via downvotes, but no longer can we use the downvote button if we dislike something, or to bury trolls.
    Dislike something then, the rest of us honestly don't care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think they should keep downvoting, but only allow it to downvote until they have no upvotes.

that way, you could tell the majority's dislike over the minority's likes.
    or just have a like/dislike count like youtube
    cause its annoying to see something that is like +12 and being like "oh guess a few people like in" when in reality its like +1012 and -1000
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    My realm got really angry. Bans were dished out and threads were locked.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    When someone said something dumb like

"Vanilla had the best PvP"
    "Ability bloat is a problem"
    "This game is too hard"
    "Legion class design is great"

They deserved to be downvoted.
    All this is subjective stuff. This is the stuff Blizzard doesn't want downvoted so that these opinions don't get buried among the circlejerk posts.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thats what social media are capitalizing on. "Friends" and "followers" that "like" you. So fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually disliking and trolling someone are much more honest sentiments than the bullshit "like" or "upvote" button. I never press "like" unless its something I really like and the rest I just tell my honest opinion even if it means getting banned once in a while.
    It's all bullshit, it's self-gratification regardless of how you look at it. Disliking something, that's all you... do you need public verification to dislike something? Trolling someone, yawn. Liking or Upvoting ... whoopdie do, once again, self-gratification. To me its just a bunched of spoiled and selfish people wanting their little existence to be promoted somehow. Not necessarily you, just in general, but let's face reality here... most people on the Internet are assholes. Trolling is child-like gratification imo but if people can't dislike or troll someone, they feel like they are being slighted and threads like this are born.

I'm going with Ornyx here: downvoting is counter productive. People should make arguments for their opinion. Downvoting doesn't tell anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? I don't get myself involved in that environment filled with WoW's "Lowest Common Denominators" and neither should you. You think Jay & Tennis are annoying? The inane complaints there are too much to handle.

Never interact with the general population of WoW. Never ever ever. See signature.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Good, the hivemind mob mentality was intense. Having well thought out reasonable posts buried because it was unpopular was fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I'm going with Ornyx here: downvoting is counter productive. People should make arguments for their opinion. Downvoting doesn't tell anything.
    If Blizzard actually believed that arguments, and not votes, made the difference, then they'd have gotten rid of upvotes too. But only having upvotes looks better on paper.

In short: once again you should look at their actions, not their words.

The forums will soon be infested with troll posts. It's gonna be awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Woe is you? Downvoting only promotes "silencing" opposing opinions. Just look at reddit and how quickly posts that don't follow what's popular get downvoted into oblivion.
    And yet you seem to see nothing wrong with elevating posts that we agree with, even if they're wrong.

Cull the voting system entirely, or leave it be. You can't take one vote away, but leave the other.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't have had downvotes to begin with, but at least they learn. In every system with downvotes - it gets abused beyond its purpose.
    Don't like something - don't upvote it. Like something - upvote it. See something old with no upvotes - it's bad.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2017-07-12 at 08:43 AM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    The forums will soon be infested with troll posts. It's gonna be awesome...
    Even though troll posts can't be downvoted anymore, doesn't mean they will have more likes than other threads.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, it was abused, just like Reddit.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset