Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's genuinely really hard to counter such a massive amount of delusion. There are right wing motivated terrorist attacks and murders every single year and you have somehow deluded yourself into thinking we have gone decades without political violence and that the problem is some dumb 19 year old punks who still have tallied a body count of zero.
    We have not had riots. I will not argue with you if all you do is come in with bad faith arguments and splitting hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Learn history, it's important.
    Just shut up with this already. It's impossible for everybody to learn every single speech from "Bad" people, just in case you might happen to agree with something they say.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    We have not had riots. I will not argue with you if all you do is come in with bad faith arguments and splitting hairs.
    We've had mass murders and bombings. If you think a broken window is worse, you are delusional.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Maybe not quote for quote. However it's good to know these things. Especially nowadays where we have such a focused lens on Hitler and how everyone who's conservative, or disagrees is Hitler or a Nazi.
    Exactly. These people are very far from hitler, so no need to say that they are anything but victims from a guy who used wrong material without disclosing where it is from.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most of what you said. I think where we draw the difference is I look at what the groups actions are rather then the motives they claim to be trying to achieve.
    I think both the intention and the action should be taken into account. A good example is the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were to end a war that would have resulted in a far greater number of people being killed. Thousands of innocent civilians died and the radiation poisoned the survivors and the land for years and years afterward. Our father's or more likely grandfathers and great grandfathers had to wrestle the morality of that for 70+ years. Well, not mine as they were in the old country, but you get my gist I'm sure.

I do feel the need to point out that blm was founded on incorrect information though. Percentage wise you are more likely to have a fatal encounter with law enforcement being a white Caucasian then any other race though I won't put to much stress into the argument as I see it mere background noise.
    The last statistic I read was that while more white people were killed by cops based on plain percentage but not percent compared to overall population. It was January 2015 up until June 2016 statistic listing, but it had 1,502 people being shot and killed by on-duty cops in that period. 732 were white and 381 were black and the remaining were misc. races. So something like 49/50% of them were white and only 24/25% were black, contrasted to total number within the American population and we have a different story. Caucasians make up around 62% of the population while blacks are about 13/14% that actually means blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by a police officer.

Needless to say cops kill too many Americans.

I do not have to much to add. After all being in agreement leads to a rather poor debate but I would ask you this question from across the isle. Do you believe that the authoritarian right is in the majority? From my point of view that doesn't really seem to be the case. The most popular stances I have seen is a intense desire to be left alone when it comes to government and even private interference with peoples lives. People want to be able to talk and pose arguments without passive threat of what they say may end their livelihood should they have the conviction to stay true to their beliefs.
    I don't think they are the majority, but this may come as a surprise but the Evangelical Christians make up a huge number of Authoritarians within the right. Christian Dominionism is a far greater threat to this nation's freedom than anything some 6-color-haired, septum pierced, ambigendered tumblrina could ever be. It's organized, well-funded, and it's followers are strictly loyal. That's not to say that the authoritarian snowflakes who don't like getting their feelings hurt and pulling fire alarms to stop lectures isn't still in itself bad for our society but there are different levels of influence within their respective political factions. Many political Conservative Evangelicals fall into that authoritarian group actively trying to strike down the "wall of separation", as Jefferson put it, between Church and State . One in which if given full control would have us living in a Christian version of Iran where the bible is law, heresy is a crime, and any non-Christian is at best a second class citizen. Granted if the SJW's ever had control it'd be like the society in Demolition Man where you can't swear, eat red meat, or physically touch even your partner in a sexual way.

Both of these groups should be kept as far away from control as possible. Though I'm far more afraid of the Authoritarian right because they have a solid base and can strongly influence decisions in their favor such as the supreme court(another anti-abortion anti-church and state separation judge) and now they are pushing the ending of the Johnson Amendment. That's action not just intention.

My issue with the left at the moment is that from the outside at least it seems like the lunatics are running the asylum. The and for a lack of better term I will refer to them as the SJW's seem to be able to throw around a incredible amount of power in the party and have devastating effects to what are considered left leaning organizations. More alarming is the rise of the terrorist organization Antifa who have brought violence into the political sphere for the first time in decades.
    I wont condone the actions of extremists just as I'm sure you don't condone crazy lone-wolf gunmen. All we can do on either side is condemn those who resort to violence and let them know that the rational members of the debate will not be dissuaded by the actions of extremists. The truth is the SJW's have no real power and until I see actual legislation with "protect the FEE-FEE's" taint to it I'll continue to roll my eyes at them and tell them they are idiots. Again, your original point intent vs action. We can't afford to be complacent though as the Authoritarian Evangelicals have proved that once they force themselves in the tentacles can spread and the corruption only grows.

The left worries me as I see them slowly going down a very dark path and while there are voices of dissent they seem to try and censor or muffle them. Is it as bad as it seems or is this simple a loud group that is over represented?
    For now they are a loud vocal minority and I hope they stay that way the problem is that if we don't start reaching compromises soon I fear more people could become polarized into those groups. Desperation breeds extremism. Something has to break and cooler heads need to prevail or both sides are going to get more and more psychotic, powerful, and controlling.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2017-07-12 at 02:23 AM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I think both the intention and the action should be taken into account. A good example is the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were to end a war that would have resulted in a far greater number of people being killed. Thousands of innocent civilians died and the radiation poisoned the survivors and the land for years and years afterward. Our father's or more likely grandfathers and great grandfathers had to wrestle the morality of that for 70+ years. Well, not mine as they were in the old country, but you get my gist I'm sure.

The last statistic I read was that while more white people were killed by cops based on plain percentage but not percent compared to overall population. It was January 2015 up until June 2016 statistic listing, but it had 1,502 people being shot and killed by on-duty cops in that period. 732 were white and 381 were black and the remaining were misc. races. So something like 49/50% of them were white and only 24/25% were black, contrasted to total number within the American population and we have a different story. Caucasians make up around 62% of the population while blacks are about 13/14% that actually means blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by a police officer.

Needless to say cops kill too many Americans.

I don't think they are the majority, but this may come as a surprise but the Evangelical Christians make up a huge number of Authoritarians within the right. Christian Dominionism is a far greater threat to this nation's freedom than anything some 6-color-haired, septum pierced, ambigendered tumblrina could ever be. It's organized, well-funded, and it's followers are strictly loyal. That's not to say that the authoritarian snowflakes who don't like getting their feelings hurt and pulling fire alarms to stop lectures isn't still in itself bad for our society but there are different levels of influence within their respective political factions. Many political Conservative Evangelicals fall into that authoritarian group actively trying to strike down the "wall of separation", as Jefferson put it, between Church and State . One in which if given full control would have us living in a Christian version of Iran where the bible is law, heresy is a crime, and any non-Christian is at best a second class citizen. Granted if the SJW's ever had control it'd be like the society in Demolition Man where you can't swear, eat red meat, or physically touch even your partner in a sexual way.

Both of these groups should be kept as far away from control as possible. Though I'm far more afraid of the Authoritarian right because they have a solid base and can strongly influence decisions in their favor such as the supreme court(another anti-abortion anti-church and state separation judge) and now they are pushing the ending of the Johnson Amendment. That's action not just intention.

I wont condone the actions of extremists just as I'm sure you don't condone crazy lone-wolf gunmen. All we can do on either side is condemn those who resort to violence and let them know that the rational members of the debate will not be dissuaded by the actions of extremists. The truth is the SJW's have no real power and until I see actual legislation with "protect the FEE-FEE's" taint to it I'll continue to roll my eyes at them and tell them they are idiots. Again, your original point intent vs action. We can't afford to be complacent though as the Authoritarian Evangelicals have proved that once they force themselves in the tentacles can spread and the corruption only grows.

For now they are a loud vocal minority and I hope they stay that way the problem is that if we don't start reaching compromises soon I fear more people could become polarized into those groups. Desperation breeds extremism. Something has to break and cooler heads need to prevail or both sides are going to get more and more psychotic, powerful, and controlling.
    You make a fair and rather level headed argument. I find it telling that both of us see our own houses as it were in different states then our opposition or perhaps rivials is a better word.

I don't really see the evangelical republicans as having much control over the party (Trump to me was the moment where their old guard was shattered.). That being said I can understand the concern it is very easy to allow the evil we know and are comfortable with to return.

I suppose the question is what middle ground can we meet at? Freedom of speech seems to be one of the major issues and why I started to disassociate myself from the left and slowly sway over to more nationist leanings. What would it take in your mind to protect free speech and combat the flow of violence becoming more common place in its oppression ?

What is something you feel the right must compromise in turn? If the center is to regain or hold onto its grasp of the parties what compromises can we make to stunt the growth of extremists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been rumored that Hitler once said that world war 3 will begin once people find out the truth about him and what he did for Germany that gave Germany a golden age which will never be seen again. I think that while I doubt its true is 100% correct.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Freedom of speech seems to be one of the major issues and why I started to disassociate myself from the left and slowly sway over to more nationist leanings.
    Funny. The war against freedom of speech is what i fear [most] about the right [currently.] Their constant infringement on everyones ability to speak. Granted nothing so far has hit my words but the censorship the right wants erodes it. In Europe that is.

Tell me something I don't know!

10+ Year Old Account
    You make a fair and rather level headed argument. I find it telling that both of us see our own houses as it were in different states then our opposition or perhaps rivials is a better word.
    I think we fear the worst of what we see and too many of us are willing to ignore the threats on our own side which in reality are the much greater threats than you or I to Liberty. We have to be able to have conversations like these between people who don't agree on lots of policies, but who agree that the right to voice those disagreements civilly must be protected at all costs.

I don't really see the evangelical republicans as having much control over the party (Trump to me was the moment where their old guard was shattered.). That being said I can understand the concern it is very easy to allow the evil we know and are comfortable with to return.
    If that were truly the case I would have welcomed Trump, but the Authoritarian Evangelicals are extremely organized and know how to play the long game to get what they want. The Authoritarian Evangelicals promised their complete support in order to get the Supreme Court and to chip away at the wall of separation between church and state. It's comical almost because it's a "deal with the devil" in sorts for both parties. The free speech advocates got their non-PC prince who calls it like he sees it and doesn't give a fuck about what other people think and the authoritarians got their SC justice in preparation for their battle against Roe vs Wade and the start of the destruction of the Johnson Amendment. This is again not to say that IF The SJW nutjobs had that kind of influence, money, and power that they wouldn't manipulate the Democratic party to do what they wanted or threaten to sit out elections. They simply don't have that kind of pull and I'm thankful for it even if I am not personally a Democrat myself.

I suppose the question is what middle ground can we meet at? Freedom of speech seems to be one of the major issues and why I started to disassociate myself from the left and slowly sway over to more nationist leanings. What would it take in your mind to protect free speech and combat the flow of violence becoming more common place in its oppression ?
    I suppose actually punishing people who commit these acts of violence educating the population on what free speech is and why it's vital to this society. Not plastering the incidents all over the place and giving them mock celebrity status but more focusing on condemning the act and the individual. Having people like myself stand up and say "Hey, you can't commit violence against those you disagree with you should be charged with assault!" As much as I think it'd be hilarious if Canadian Trigglypuff got slugged in the face by some random passer-by just like Richard Spencer got slugged It's the wrong thing to do and assault charges should be filed in those situations(still doesn't mean I wouldn't laugh like a hyena with a nitrous oxide mask on as I did when Spencer got hit). I think my side should stop demonizing the other side though. Obviously there are some that are terrible but your average right-wing libertarian isn't trying to lobotomize gay people and throw them in rehabilitation clinics.

What is something you feel the right must compromise in turn? If the center is to regain or hold onto its grasp of the parties what compromises can we make to stunt the growth of extremists?
    Honestly, it would have to be the power granted by the alliance with the Authoritarian elements. In other words you'd have to tell the "social conservatives" that they can either begin to compromise or they can go back to having no seat at the table. I know many libertarians who identify with lots of aspects of the Republican party but because they are true libertarians they wont vote Republican because of how entangled they are with a group that is so against freedom itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Funny. The war against freedom of speech is what i fear [most] about the right [currently.] Their constant infringement on everyones ability to speak. Granted nothing so far has hit my words but the censorship the right wants erodes it. In Europe that is.
    Large sections of the right in America are mostly libertarians with right economic leanings. In Europe there's more Authoritarian right wingers. That's not to say that we don't also have groups of authoritarians on the right here in America too as I mentioned in my previous post. In America and Canada the loudest voices against free speech are currently left leaning authoritarians in the universities and on the internet. Fortunately here in the states they've been unable to force any legislation but they are trying in Canada and I'm against language police.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2017-07-12 at 06:41 AM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Which speech was it, I can't view it, banned where I am.

If they cheered him it was probably one of his pro-worker speeches/anti greedy (jewish) banks and corporations, in which case what did he say that was so appallable that they shouldn't agree with the sentiment?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So basically a really, really stupid attempt at a "trap" on camera.

I bet Hitler said that he liked chocolate at some point too.
    It's kind of strange you think there were no statements in the video that had anything to do with Nazism or Fascism, but only those akin to the appetite for chocolate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha those Antifa people are so stupid. I, as a supporter of Donald J Trump who is NOT a NAzi am far more cleverer.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Exactly. These people are very far from hitler, so no need to say that they are anything but victims from a guy who used wrong material without disclosing where it is from.
    O please, stop defending these idiots. Hitler used Charisma and the depression of the Society to get where he's at and ANYONE who DOESN'T want to repeat History would learn everything they can instead of erasing it from History.

I quote auto repair (specifically diesel) cause that is my Specialty. ANIFTA go around using Fascism and Anti-Nazism to further their "cause." Maybe they should know the FACTS of what they are trying to "prevent" instead of being "suckered."

Not a SINGLE person there did a double take and call the guy on it. These people spew "No Fascism Platform" and Against Hatred when they themselves do not allow opinions and are Hateful to people who do not agree with them. I fought for the rights of EVERYONE in my Country. Anifta has the right to protest and speak their minds, they do NOT have the right to block roads and NOT allow others to protest and speak their minds.

ANIFTA sure likes to follow in Pre WWII Hitler footsteps while blasting their rhetoric.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    O please, stop defending these idiots. Hitler used Charisma and the depression of the Society to get where he's at and ANYONE who DOESN'T want to repeat History would learn everything they can instead of erasing it from History.

I quote auto repair (specifically diesel) cause that is my Specialty. ANIFTA go around using Fascism and Anti-Nazism to further their "cause." Maybe they should know the FACTS of what they are trying to "prevent" instead of being "suckered."

Not a SINGLE person there did a double take and call the guy on it. These people spew "No Fascism Platform" and Against Hatred when they themselves do not allow opinions and are Hateful to people who do not agree with them. I fought for the rights of EVERYONE in my Country. Anifta has the right to protest and speak their minds, they do NOT have the right to block roads and NOT allow others to protest and speak their minds.

ANIFTA sure likes to follow in Pre WWII Hitler footsteps while blasting their rhetoric.
    I have no idea what ANIFTA is, but i know they are not nazis. You say, that you would have taken a double take, but how many speeches that you have listen to have you ever checked after? I know that 99.99999999% of people in here would never even think of writing down what a speech-person says and check out their sources. I am not trying to defend ANIFTA or anything, because i am not involved with whatever they do, i am just defending people who are calling these people nazis just because somebody held a speech taken from Hitlers speech.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I think we fear the worst of what we see and too many of us are willing to ignore the threats on our own side which in reality are the much greater threats than you or I to Liberty. We have to be able to have conversations like these between people who don't agree on lots of policies, but who agree that the right to voice those disagreements civilly must be protected at all costs.

If that were truly the case I would have welcomed Trump, but the Authoritarian Evangelicals are extremely organized and know how to play the long game to get what they want. The Authoritarian Evangelicals promised their complete support in order to get the Supreme Court and to chip away at the wall of separation between church and state. It's comical almost because it's a "deal with the devil" in sorts for both parties. The free speech advocates got their non-PC prince who calls it like he sees it and doesn't give a fuck about what other people think and the authoritarians got their SC justice in preparation for their battle against Roe vs Wade and the start of the destruction of the Johnson Amendment. This is again not to say that IF The SJW nutjobs had that kind of influence, money, and power that they wouldn't manipulate the Democratic party to do what they wanted or threaten to sit out elections. They simply don't have that kind of pull and I'm thankful for it even if I am not personally a Democrat myself.

I suppose actually punishing people who commit these acts of violence educating the population on what free speech is and why it's vital to this society. Not plastering the incidents all over the place and giving them mock celebrity status but more focusing on condemning the act and the individual. Having people like myself stand up and say "Hey, you can't commit violence against those you disagree with you should be charged with assault!" As much as I think it'd be hilarious if Canadian Trigglypuff got slugged in the face by some random passer-by just like Richard Spencer got slugged It's the wrong thing to do and assault charges should be filed in those situations(still doesn't mean I wouldn't laugh like a hyena with a nitrous oxide mask on as I did when Spencer got hit). I think my side should stop demonizing the other side though. Obviously there are some that are terrible but your average right-wing libertarian isn't trying to lobotomize gay people and throw them in rehabilitation clinics.

Honestly, it would have to be the power granted by the alliance with the Authoritarian elements. In other words you'd have to tell the "social conservatives" that they can either begin to compromise or they can go back to having no seat at the table. I know many libertarians who identify with lots of aspects of the Republican party but because they are true libertarians they wont vote Republican because of how entangled they are with a group that is so against freedom itself.

Large sections of the right in America are mostly libertarians with right economic leanings. In Europe there's more Authoritarian right wingers. That's not to say that we don't also have groups of authoritarians on the right here in America too as I mentioned in my previous post. In America and Canada the loudest voices against free speech are currently left leaning authoritarians in the universities and on the internet. Fortunately here in the states they've been unable to force any legislation but they are trying in Canada and I'm against language police.
    I think you may be conflating groups together. While I admit repelling the Johnson Amendment would be disastrous my thoughts on Roe vs Wade differ greatly. I think you might be conflating groups together that only share a few common interests and have no real plans to support one another. I can't think of anyone I know of among the right that would support the break down of church and state. Perhaps they oppose it for the wrong reasons as it is more a fear of foreign groups (Islamism) taking power and inflicting new restrictions upon the populace.

It is hard to make this case though for even as I am writing this I can see the irony in me being worried about SJW's and what compromises it appears the democratic party are making with them when trying to distance myself from the social conservatives. Speaking as a Canadian I have seen scary inroads being made by the anti free speech crowd and I am honestly worried about where we will go from here.

I think you may be conflating people together who really stand apart though. On a topic such as abortion you do get more then religious arguments. My stance on it is that it should only be permissible under rather dire circumstances. Sever psychical deformities, mental retardation, or the offspring of rape. I can understand the argument that it technically isn't alive but it just doesn't really convince me. We are talking about something that would grow into a life if simply left to its own devices at that point in its development.

Deleted
    I thought about opening a "Right Wing cheers speech of Karl Marx quotes" thread.

Where someone quotes Karl Marx saying "I think we need more fresh water" or "Dogs are beautiful pets".

And the right wingkins cry "Hooray!".
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-12 at 06:03 PM.