Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good. Demonic is by far the most fun DH build. Anyone who thinks the "hit blade dance every 4 seconds" build is better than demonic is just crazy. Not to mention Demonic is great for dungeons and this would allow DH to not have to collect two different sets for raids and mythic+.

I see nothing wrong with it. Those of you who like blade dance builds will get to play with that for literally the entirety of ToS. Then, people who enjoy Demonic will finally get a chance to play a build that is not only most fun for them, but also (for once) viable in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Good. Demonic is by far the most fun DH build. Anyone who thinks the "hit blade dance every 4 seconds" build is better than demonic is just crazy. Not to mention Demonic is great for dungeons and this would allow DH to not have to collect two different sets for raids and mythic+.

I see nothing wrong with it. Those of you who like blade dance builds will get to play with that for literally the entirety of ToS. Then, people who enjoy Demonic will finally get a chance to play a build that is not only most fun for them, but also (for once) viable in raids.
    You're hitting demon's bite instead of blade dance (demonic takes chaos cleave), and spamming 2 during meta, what's so complex about yours?

Deleted
    First numbers are in:

Item - Demon Hunter T21 Havoc 2P Bonus - Eye Beam Damage Eye Beam damage increased by 30%.
    Item - Demon Hunter T21 Havoc 4P Bonus - Haste After Eye Beam When Eye Beam finishes fully channeling, your Haste is increased by 15% for 8 sec.

Again. I love demonic and wish it could be the top spec but this needs support from another legendary (outside Raddons) for it to be viable. I'd love to have Blizzard share their thoughts on where they're going with this because right now it seems they're headed for a cliff's edge.

30% is nothing for ST, as the ability doesnt scale well, since it doesnt benefit from crit and 15% haste for 8s on 45s CD? thats like 2,5% haste, IF you can afford it to use it liberally on ST, while haste doesnt do pretty much anything for aoe if you need to use it for aoe... looks like demonic bonuses only, as in trash and forcing you into specific talent build...

can we get rework right NOW and recieve proper setbonuses please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, if you go demonic, you will use Eye Beam more often than just every 45 sec, cuz of souls reducing the cd of it.

but eh, i dont like demonic build, because you lose so many buttons, no more blade dance on ST, no more felblade, no more fel rush, eh..really dont like it.

Only hing good about it is to get rid of demon blades..but..eh..not really cool if you lose all the rest =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    but eh, i dont like demonic build, because you lose so many buttons, no more blade dance on ST
    I really don't understand why people are playing demonic without first blood - can someone explain? That talent is top tier in that row, what's the reason people are not getting it with demonic? I always blade dance on cooldown.
    I've been running 3323323 ever since I got Raddons in M+ and in some raids and it's been working great.
    Last edited by mmocd01386186f; 2017-07-12 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterknives View Post
    I really don't understand why people are playing demonic without first blood - can someone explain? That talent is top tier in that row, what's the reason people are not getting it with demonic? I always blade dance on cooldown.
    I've been running 3323323 for the past 6 months in M+ and in some raids and it's been working great.
    Because Chaos Cleave when you have Annihilation for 40% damage up ? Yes please.

What is this Eye Beam-ST viability thing? Its a good aoe spell, doesnt have to scale well on Single Target.

Also im sure they are making a tier set where demonic build will get more benefit to reduce ppl using Dblade. Because they failed to solve gameplay issue of Dblade talent (at least for this expansion).

Deleted
    Raddon +SotS ftw !

Deleted
    I've been running 3323323 ever since I got Raddons in M+ and in some raids and it's been working great.
    No, First Blood is NOT top tier for singletarget. Chaos Cleave is the better talent for singletarget because is scales much better with gear.
    And especially for Demonic you allways want to take Chaos Cleave because of more soul procs.

With good gear the only reason why people take First Blood is, because they are forced into it because of T21.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemata View Post
    No, First Blood is NOT top tier for singletarget. Chaos Cleave is the better talent for singletarget because is scales much better with gear.
    And especially for Demonic you allways want to take Chaos Cleave because of more soul procs.

With good gear the only reason why people take First Blood is, because they are forced into it because of T21.
    1 have 920ilvl and Im still using T19 and First Blood sims much better for me than Chaos Cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemata View Post
    The extra Chaos Cleaves do not proc Demonic Appetite. It's a different spell.

That 4 set bonus...is kinda disappointing. It's such a long cd for st.

Deleted
    The extra Chaos Cleaves do not proc Demonic Appetite. It's a different spell.
    I know, but you hit more Chaos Strikes than you would do with First Blood.

I think the thought process is every time you use Blade dance / death sweep, it's 1 less GCD you don't chaos strike for more souls, which in turn is less Demonic uptime.

I'm actually kinda curious how simcraft handles simming the demonic build / demonic appetite (if anyone knows). does it have a static amount of souls it just assumes you'll get and calculates accordingly? The chaos strike soul procs can swing pretty drastically from pull to pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    1 have 920ilvl and Im still using T19 and First Blood sims much better for me than Chaos Cleave.
    Can you tell me your stats?
    I'm pretty sure it's because you are simming with gear, that is optimized for First Blood.
    For Chaos Cleave you need very high crit+mastery and 2-3 Critical Chaos relics.

Everyone who is comfortable with Demonic build will tell you that First Blood is pretty bad for Demonic compared to Chaos Cleave.

And with T19 Chaos Cleave was outperforming First Blood even for CB build because it scales so much better with gear.
    First Blood doesn't scale at all with mastery and the crit scaling is also better with Chaos Cleave because of the Critical Chaos trait.
    Last edited by mmoc48448a6da7; 2017-07-12 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCP View Post
    What is this Eye Beam-ST viability thing? Its a good aoe spell, doesnt have to scale well on Single Target.

Also im sure they are making a tier set where demonic build will get more benefit to reduce ppl using Dblade. Because they failed to solve gameplay issue of Dblade talent (at least for this expansion).
    If you are / remember the first days of DH, even Blizzard wanted EB to be viable in ST and they even asked community: "What give you the statement that EB is not optimal using in ST ? In our tests, it is". They didn't and not yet have the global view of DH, they don't know what they are doing and they don't know where from the start. In their opinion, EB is already ALSO a ST ability which can be on paper but not effectively.

Looks like another tier where I will keep running Nighthold hoping for a godlike TF roll on tier. I have no intentions of using 4pc T20, and will not waste a single coin trying to get T21.

Turning our only reliable add cleave skill into a ST DPS cooldown means if we do not get the proper Souls to restore the cooldown, we will not have it up for add phases on fights. You can't use it on your opener like for Harjatan & Mistress. It will feel strange using it on pure ST fights. I feel like if I can passively get it I will only use it for M+ memes.

Just another disappointing tier set for our class.

This is sad: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=8

Really sad, never happened in a single time in WoW that a previous tier is far better.

I'm pretty sure eye beam is a favorite among most DHs and we wanted it in our ST. I'm also sure it was supposed to be in there,

I'm not sure why people don't like this tier set? It's great. 30% extra damage to make a cheap ability worth while, then we get a 15% haste increase straight after? Imagine that with sephurz and AoE conditions, it immense.

The only let down to this, to make it completely worth while doing, you need the 4 piece, aka the 30% on it's own isn't fantastic.

Regardless, this current tier the tier is built on blade dance? Personally, I'm not fond of blade dance I've always done more damage with the bleed over dance but this tier 'forces' you to take the dance talent over the bleed one. There's literally no difference between what T21 does to what T20 does. It's focusing on a specific ability and that's that.

Hell, it might even make running demonic viable in raids instead of just mythic +