Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What are typical PuG requirements to get invited?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Tank, healer - instant invite. When it comes to DPS people pick highest ilvl.

I started a pug and one shot everything but Illidan. And Illidan only took us 2 attempts (forgot to spread out during demon phase) This was fun though. Little too easy imo, but it's not another raid tier after all. Fun revisit to BT after all these years!

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    For my group I said 900 min
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Is really easy, unless you have some fucking afk idiot at max range at illidan, then the flames of azzinoth will go berserk and kill everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Anyone see loot we will actually use (assuming TF)? What about the blindfold from Illidan - would it help us find Illidan? In KJ fight? He is half-demon afterall.
    He is classed as humanoid in game and hunter and cat druids can already use their track humanoids ability to find him in the kJ fight. They can see his dot on the minimap and then ping the location for everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The only problem really is that Illidan's demon form still seems to be designed for a ranged tank... but there's no way for them to gain agro.
    You just have to go out and stand for the entire duration while healers heal you, nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I started a pug and one shot everything but Illidan. And Illidan only took us 2 attempts (forgot to spread out during demon phase) This was fun though. Little too easy imo, but it's not another raid tier after all. Fun revisit to BT after all these years!

For my group I said 900 min
    Why the ilvl requirement? Don't you get scaled down anyway? Unless I read something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Why the ilvl requirement? Don't you get scaled down anyway? Unless I read something wrong.
    There is no ilvl requirement. Everyone is scaled down. In fact if you have old gear with gems, legendaries (if they work) and w/e you'll be ahead. Artifacts work too like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    There is no ilvl requirement. Everyone is scaled down. In fact if you have old gear with gems, legendaries (if they work) and w/e you'll be ahead. Artifacts work too like normal.
    That's what I thought. That's why I was curious about someone needing an ilvl requirement of 900. Either way, I'm freaking stoked to try it out tomorrow. BT was (and still is) my favorite raid of all time. I can't explain what it was about the place, but I will never not tire of that place.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Yeah they do, I just view ilvl as a degree of commitment on part of the player. It's not an accurate telling of course, but it's what I have at my disposal.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Ok time for my imput:
    Joined pug we wiped few times on Supremus, coz he always got ninja pulled. Most healers left, and tank left, soo did i. Realized that this is ID lockout ... got screwed till 18th of October.

I had a very bad experience,almost every fight no matter trash or boss sure half of the raid group just died,only the other half doing stuff,killing 1 pac of trash have to wipe at least 4 to 5 times,i think alot of ppl just looking for carrier.

It was about as easy as a Normal NH clear with iLvl 900 average group.

Only a few issues with odd trash due to us not being used to it, and with last boss again due to unfamiliarity.

You won't have any issues with an organised group clearing it in a few hours (LOTS OF TRASH).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

What if you join at Illidan with a fresh lock out ID and the group don't kill him, will u get saved for rest of instance?

Deleted
    Yoloed Illidan in a pug.

Couple deaths but was a 1 shot.

Tuning is lower than normal mode raids.

Did the raid in a guild run (joined on Supremus):
    - Supremus : he hits rather hard, but nothing troublesome. We wiped once because we pulled extra trash.
    - Akama : Easy.
    - Teron Gorefiend : Old soldiers from BC kept babysitting those who were about to do the ghost duty, telling them exactly what to do at all times. Easy kill.
    - Reliquary : We pulled boss with 2-3 trashs, not a lot of people alive in the end but we killed him. P1-2 were the hardest (p1 because trash and tanks didn't have enough time to get aggro on it, p2 because some casts weren't kicked).
    - Gurtogg, 2 groups of 3 for Bloodboil, HoP on focused targets. Easy.
    - Mother : We had half the raid dead because they weren't moving fast enough for the link (taking 3*link dmg instead 1), rather easy if the link is properly handled. One tank got one-shot at the start because he wanted to backped with the boss while the other tanks (we did the whole raid with 3 tanks, just in case something went wrong) were chilling on the designated sign.
    - Council : Several deaths because of people standing in Flamestrike, one heal from the priest went through. Easy enough (Pal boss far away from the others, same for Priest boss, Rogue boss stacked with the Mage boss).
    - Illidan : we wiped once in P2 because the add was too far away from his glaive (and destroyed everyone...oh and the war charged it, ending in a spot where 6 fire were stacked :P). We kept making calls for Parasites and Demon Form and we killed with 2 deaths in the end.

Overall, it was a nice experience. Pretty weird that we can't tank swap with a simple taunt. I'm looking forward to TW ICC.
    Oh...and Illidan, we were Prepared. :3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

So the devs hinted at some "surprises" for DH characters doing this - anyone see what those might have been referring to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Anyone see loot we will actually use (assuming TF)? What about the blindfold from Illidan - would it help us find Illidan? In KJ fight? He is half-demon afterall.
    I got a Shadowmoon Insignia ilvl915. Was pretty excited to see the 2k+ agility, it would have been an upgrade over what I have. Then I see the effect. "Use: gain X amount of temporary health". This kind of garbage shouldn't be awarded to a hunter.

EDIT: Come to think of it, loot wasn't really handled properly. There is a boss (Shahraz, I think) that drops two mail headpieces. In the distant past one was for ranged and one for caster, but with streamlined stats they're viable for both hunters and shamans in all situations. as a result, you may end up with up to two hats for the same boss.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2017-07-13 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    So the devs hinted at some "surprises" for DH characters doing this - anyone see what those might have been referring to?
    Arsenal for warglaives xmog

Was fun to do again, but to easy to really relive the "TBC experience", Bosses dieing to fast (think we had 1 spear on Naj, only 1.5 kite phase on Sup, think only 2 add waves on Shade, 1 person "dieing and becoming ghost on gorefiend", 1 guy getting focusses by Bloodboil and stuff like that), it feels impossible to actually wipe, player DPS is way to high for being TBC authentic, finished the whole thing between in around 1.5 hours i think.