10+ Year Old Account

Demons After The Fall Of The Legion

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Hey.

So, I've been thinking. Since it appears we'll be purifying the soul of Argus in 7.3, in turn putting an end to the Burning Legion, what do you think will happen (lorewise) to a Warlock's ability to summon demons? Since demons would be unable to use Argus as a means to hassen their resurrection time and counteract the effects of dying near fel-saturated areas, would Warlocks be unable to summon any at all? Or since Sargeras is "unavailble", would demons be unable to resurrect at all? I know they were slowly able to do so before, but has that changed since Sargeras took over?
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Demons could resurrect and be summoned from the Nether before Sargeras took over the reigns of controlling the bulk of them. I would imagine absent Sargeras' control or without the benefit of his power over their resurrection cycle they would function largely as they once did - they would just be more generally rare and perhaps require more knowledge and/or power to summon and bind (nothing beyond the pale of what is possibly for an appropriate level PC or NPC Warlock).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Not very important but you said we will be purifying the soul of Argus, if I'm correct we will be killing him instead to stop his pains. Also Sargeras would stop them from resurrecting if he could when he found the place, still it wouldn't make sense if we just left it without doing anything to the place so we will see.

There's still demons about. Argus hardly held all of the Burning Legion. Without a leader with the power, charisma and strategies to lead them, they'll no longer be a Legion, and will fall into pursuits of self-interest. But there should still be plenty to summon.

As for demon resurrection, I suppose the natural time it takes for them to respawn is slower than Sargeras made it. I'd imagine they're like the Ancients. They return with time.

7+ Year Old Account
    we arent purifying argus, we are killing him.

what do you think will happen (lorewise) to a Warlock's ability to summon demons?
    nothing?
    what should happen to it?

sargeras' fall wont suddenly remove their ability to summon a demon, and they can always summon another if their current one takes too long or manages to die if they visit some old legion world or are in the nether for whatever reason.

Or since Sargeras is "unavailble", would demons be unable to resurrect at all?
    sargeras and argus have nothing to do with it.
    demons could always ressurect in the nether, argus being dead and sargeras imprisoned wont change that, unless blizz seriously retcons their ress and tripple fucks demon lore (again.).

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    sargeras and argus have nothing to do with it.
    demons could always ressurect in the nether, argus being dead and sargeras imprisoned wont change that, unless blizz seriously retcons their ress and tripple fucks demon lore (again.).
    7.3 Spoiler info follows: It's my understanding from the 7.3 data-mined content that Sargeras is using the essence of the Titan Argus the Unmaker to essentially speed-up the demon resurrection process and also allow it to occur even in places where their death would otherwise be fatal (Fel-saturated areas and the like). It's not known if this acceleration and protective effect extends to the Nether itself, though; presumably not as it would allow both Kil'jaeden and Archimonde to return. The normal resurrection process for demons is much slower than it has been since the Legion was formed - and with Argus destroyed and the Pantheon sealed away it will return to its previous pre-Legion efficacy.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Demons will still exist, they just won't be as numerous as they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    There's still demons about. Argus hardly held all of the Burning Legion. Without a leader with the power, charisma and strategies to lead them, they'll no longer be a Legion, and will fall into pursuits of self-interest. But there should still be plenty to summon.
    Without its master's command, the restless demons will become an even greater threat to all worlds.

Control must be maintained. There must always be... a Burning Legion.

Deleted
    Also not all demons belong to the Burning Legion. Just like there are humans who are not part of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Without its master's command, the restless demons will become an even greater threat to all worlds.

Control must be maintained. There must always be... a Burning Legion.
    Unlike the Scourge, the Legion has already been on a campaign of eradication across the universe. So at worst, it stays as before, at best, they become less threatening due to being less coordinated.

Just like Lothraxian, we will purify the remaining demons and they will join us to battle the Void Lords.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Hey.

So, I've been thinking. Since it appears we'll be purifying the soul of Argus in 7.3, in turn putting an end to the Burning Legion, what do you think will happen (lorewise) to a Warlock's ability to summon demons? Since demons would be unable to use Argus as a means to hassen their resurrection time and counteract the effects of dying near fel-saturated areas, would Warlocks be unable to summon any at all? Or since Sargeras is "unavailble", would demons be unable to resurrect at all? I know they were slowly able to do so before, but has that changed since Sargeras took over?
    The warlocks will proberly just set up a demon resurrection machine at their order hall after the Legion is defeated. You will maybe even be able to see a small quest, where you bind your current pets to the machine, so it is explained in game.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    I guess it's kinda like the Scourge after the fall of Arthas?

Someone will have to take the crown and it could be a certain blonde human mage.

Deleted
    My guess is lore wise they'll descend into a civil war with more powerful demons like Dread and Pit Lords leading thier own hosts. Could allow for a future expasion setting.

I'be not played a warlock so not 100% on thier lore but with the Legion gone won't enslaving demons be easier since many would now lack a master. Still a cool New lore to explore for the class venturing into the Nether to raid now abandoned/weakened Legion strongholds for knowlege and power

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They will become refugees and anduin will focus his politics on helping them (and forcing demon quotas on other azerothian races).

#currentevents.

PS: That's a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They will become refugees and anduin will focus his politics on helping them (and forcing demon quotas on other azerothian races).

#currentevents.

I lol'd. #NotAllDemons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Before Sargeras' betrayal, the Demons were considered such a significant threat to life among the universe that the Pantheon dedicate two of its members just on hunting them down. They will most certainly still be a threat.
    I know. I'm just curious if the impact Sargeras has had on them over the last 10,000+ years, if they'd still be able to "function" without him? Would they continue on as normal, or die out?
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

demons are fundamentally "dependant" on the Twisting Nether itself, not Sargeras or Argus

Deleted

#currentevents.

The demons will integrate within a few years, but the alliance will need to address its Demonaphobia

Deleted

#currentevents.

I vote we only let the Succubuses in and maybe a few Shivarras.