Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you are an adult, you are almost certainly breaking the law every single day. Why do almost all Americans do things that are illegal?
    You cant just say that since we are adults we break the law so now anyone who wants to hop the border can do it since its illegal and we do illegal things....get your head out of your ass

im sure some people break the law every day... but to say we all do and that makes illegal immigration fine is a new low for humanity, good job.

7+ Year Old Account
    I admire their bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    You cant just say that since we are adults we break the law so now anyone who wants to hop the border can do it since its illegal and we do illegal things....get your head out of your ass

im sure some people break the law every day... but to say we all do and that makes illegal immigration fine is a new low for humanity, good job.
    You are the one complaining about it being illegal, yet I simply wanted to show that we all break laws all the time. If you drive a car, you break the law. Either you speed, roll through a stop sign, fail to use a turn signal, stop too late, follow too closely... tons of laws to break.

So, simply stating that something is illegal.... means absolutely fucking nothing, that's the point.

What should matter, is the harm caused from actions. If you are going to say illegal immigration cayuses harm, then why doesn't legal immigration cause harm? If they both cause harm, then why allow it at all? If neither causes harm, then there's no need to bother whining about one being illegal, and the other being legal.

Don't let the news fool you. This isnt a matter of just saving people trying to escape in small boats. It's a matter of people smuggling thousands of people in violation of European law.

Heres one source. The large ferries are on a continuous loop from the tip of italy to Libia and Tunsia. They don't vet anyone, they just drop them off without any kind of processing, and ISIS KNOWS ABOUT IT AND WILL/HAS USE IT TO SEND TERRORISTS MIXED IN WITH THE PEOPLE.

http://disobedientmedia.com/2017/02/...linton-donors/

This is not the black and white Humanitarian vs Anti-Humanitarian issue many of you think it is.

They should just build a giant sea wall....and make africa pay for it!

So are they going to be playing the board game battleship while bringing a boat their? That would make for a very interesting story.
    Their are three groups of people. Those who protest peacefully for change. Those who take action for positive change and those who take action for the wrong reason.

Deleted
    If it's a functioning state, then the market can bear more people in almost every country on the planet.
    I don't think you get it, the vast majority of the 'refugees' will never pay enough taxes to offset their consumption of things like infrastructure, law and order, and so forth.
    There are resources within those countries, and the people coming in will add to the economy,
    No they don't.
    They don't contribute more than their costs.
    meaning that they will contribute to that very same welfare state that people seem to love so much.
    Yeah, I don't think you understand how the economies of the west functions.
    Libertarianism is fine, people just have an innate desire to rule over others,
    No people have an innate desire of a functioning state keeping them safe.
    At least it's logically consistent
    And communism is morally superior.
    Practical reality is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    I don't think you get it, the vast majority of the 'refugees' will never pay enough taxes to offset their consumption of things like infrastructure, law and order, and so forth.

No they don't.

Pff everyone knows if everyone consumes more we all get richer.

How you so dumb being?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    You must be pleased that 2000 people crossing the Med have died so far.
    Go fuck yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

No they don't.

Then we should treat them the same as all the other people who don't contribute enough to society. What do you suggest?

I understand quite well how economies function, and I also understand that the strain on resources is almost entirely imaginary in most western nations.

People have an innate desire to rule over others, we've seen countless examples throughout history. They want law and order in order to feel safe, and take away the freedoms of others in order to do so. Those very same people are often the first to complain when someone comes for their freedoms.

The reality is simple, people are authoritarian hypocrites. I do my best to avoid being a hypocrite, and since I am a huge proponent of freedom, I am very reticent to take away the freedoms of others. The only exception would be when such an action is causing actual harm. As it stands, immigration, legal or otherwise, is not a harmful action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Go fuck yourself
    If i take people who destitute, and then make them run through a gauntlet of lethal horrors to get a pot of gold, am i a nice person, or a sadist?
    (hint this is an analogy).

7+ Year Old Account
    Should be interesting & I respect this group for finally taking action.
    Ditto.

I say good on this group. They cannot let Europe be overrun & at the same time have the lives of migrants risking their lives in the Med.
    The local navies should've sunk the first boats that tried to cross the Med, TBH. Would've saved countless lives in the long run, and saved Europe from this invasion.
    Still not tired of winning.

Deleted
    Then we should treat them the same as all the other people who don't contribute enough to society. What do you suggest?.
    Deporting people and not admitting them are not the same thing, you get that right?
    I understand quite well how economies function, and I also understand that the strain on resources is almost entirely imaginary in most western nations.
    No, You don't.
    People have an innate desire to rule over others, we've seen countless examples throughout history. They want law and order in order to feel safe, and take away the freedoms of others in order to do so. Those very same people are often the first to complain when someone comes for their freedoms.
    This doesn't actually matter - Your libertarian ideology fails because even a minority of people not adhering to your ideology will always be able to form a group and subvert your will.
    In fact, we know that this is what happened, literally, everywhere in the world.
    And the absence of this group, produces abject misery.
    The reality is simple, people are authoritarian hypocrites. I do my best to avoid being a hypocrite, and since I am a huge proponent of freedom, I am very reticent to take away the freedoms of others.
    Migration is neither a freedom or a right.
    A state owns its land, and can therefore, using its property rights, restrict entry to whomever the fuck it likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Not all people are equal. Those ones have destroyed their country and now seek greener pastures. What can they bring to their new home but evil which brought them into their present state?
    They don't own the sins of their fathers. It's extremely unlikely that these specific people in particular had anything at all to do with how their countries were run. The way you're lumping them into groups / countries is just a dehumanization act that makes their suffering acceptable to you. It's in no way related to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Not all people are equal. Those ones have destroyed their country and now seek greener pastures. What can they bring to their new home but evil which brought them into their present state?
    So poor Africans fleeing a hard situation are evil. Why don't you come out and say what you want to say?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Italy is pleading to the rest of its European mates, to to take some of the migrants..

It appears Italy is being ignored..

Sounds like the rest of Europe is giving the big finger to Italy.

http://time.com/4850999/italy-europe...me-ports-ngos/

Since the beginning of June, 15,000 migrants reached Italian shores. Roughly 85,000 have landed so far this year, according to the U.N, a 19% increase from this point last year, and versus only 9,395 total arrivals in Greece. Italian officials fear the final toll of incoming migrants will be higher than last year's total of 181,436.

After the closure of the Balkan route last summer thanks to an agreement between the E.U. and Turkey, the bulk of migrant flows, mainly from Sub-Saharan Africa, has shifted to Italy — and the country is struggling to cope. Amid non-stop arrivals and overflowing migrant camps, Italy is pleading with its European neighbors to help.
    It's amusing that Italy should be expected to take on such a burden when their country is in the toilet economically and they have one of the highest unemployment rates in the civilized world. Telling these African migrants to turn back isn't such a big deal, to be honest.

A noble goal. But, if people are drowning or dying in some other way, they are doing it in the wrong way and only giving legitimacy to the side that doesn't deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread and a good majority of the comments in it are a prime example of why certain people are considered deplorable and now wear that moniker as a badge of pride .

Stay red-pilled you sheltered keyboard warriors you .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

There should be boats everywhere turning them back telling the captains of the boats "Don't come back or you will be punished"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    A noble goal. But, if people are drowning or dying in some other way, they are doing it in the wrong way and only giving legitimacy to the side that doesn't deserve it.
    The people organising the ship stated that they will of course be helping people who are actually drowning or dying (hey, PR matters), but doing their best to monitor the ships and make it easier to bring the people smugglers - sorry, I mean the refugee charities - to court.
    Still not tired of winning.