Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    bulsh!t... unless thats a nokio, youre andriod/windows phone has not lasted 3 years. there is an actual practice that windows and andriods are very much in love with that they can legally design their products to fail after x years so that you can buy their new product. Not saying apple does partake in the practice, they are just less obvious, and can actually be worked around due to the iOS, in which winx can be made more restrictive and force you into a corner.

ive personally have only owned a 3GS(which i forgot on the hood of my hmmwv in the middle of Ft Gordon (asphalt covered) motorpool on a summer day), a 4S, that, while pissed off troubleshooting my tacsat terminal in ft polk, la, i threw somewhere over the freaking rainbow and my 6S. my new bae has done me no wrong.

ive had andriod/winx phones for work, and as soon as a new model comes out. that crap would just turn to mud water.
    I have been using a Huawei P8 Lite since they came out in May of 2015, so yeah, 3 years on the same device is entirely possible. All that matters is you don't update the firmware. Still on Android 4.4 and most of my apps work just fine. The only app I have had stop working entirely was Pokemon Go.

bulsh!t... unless thats a nokio, youre andriod/windows phone has not lasted 3 years. there is an actual practice that windows and andriods are very much in love with that they can legally design their products to fail after x years so that you can buy their new product. Not saying apple does partake in the practice, they are just less obvious, and can actually be worked around due to the iOS, in which winx can be made more restrictive and force you into a corner.

ive personally have only owned a 3GS(which i forgot on the hood of my hmmwv in the middle of Ft Gordon (asphalt covered) motorpool on a summer day), a 4S, that, while pissed off troubleshooting my tacsat terminal in ft polk, la, i threw somewhere over the freaking rainbow and my 6S. my new bae has done me no wrong.

ive had andriod/winx phones for work, and as soon as a new model comes out. that crap would just turn to mud water.
    My friend is still using my old galaxy 4 it's 4 years old at this point. Sounds like you just treat your phones like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    My friend is still using my old galaxy 4 it's 4 years old at this point. Sounds like you just treat your phones like shit.
    Thats my prerogative. Ive only owned 3 phones since 2000... 9. or 2008. 1 year back from my vacation in Iraq. Signal Corp hooah. Breaking phones through anger is just nature... doesnt reflect intentional updates downgrades performance.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'll stick with my 100 dollar android and leave it at home while i'm working. who the fuck do i need to talk to when i'm working?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I have been using a Huawei P8 Lite since they came out in May of 2015, so yeah, 3 years on the same device is entirely possible. All that matters is you don't update the firmware. Still on Android 4.4 and most of my apps work just fine. The only app I have had stop working entirely was Pokemon Go.
    pokemon go! lol the pokemon game i almost got into a fight over, because this old dirt nerd thought i was raiding a gym, while setting my destination for a lyft ride. lol
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

I hate Apple. The entire fucking company can go DIAF. I will never spend a single dollar on any of their shitty products. Don't even get me started on Macs (the computer for people too stupid to learn how to use computers) which you aren't even allowed to upgrade or modify yourself due to Apple's fucking closed system policy. As far as iPhones, they're shitty, overrated pieces of tech not worth the quadruple price they charge their Cult of Apple zealots for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'll stick with my 100 dollar android and leave it at home while i'm working. who the fuck do i need to talk to when i'm working?
    i love you. that moment you receive a phone call just when youre finally sitting down or trying to relax to the pleasant sound of your AC/Central air system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    As far as iPhones, they're shitty, overrated pieces of tech not worth the quadruple price they charge their Cult of Apple zealots for.
    To each their own. They are to me. Which - at the end of the day - is all that matters.
    Same with MacBooks; I bought a Retina one about two years ago for Uni and still love it.

If they can make money by selling it at 1200 then what do i care. I will just buy something else.

I hate Apple. The entire fucking company can go DIAF. I will never spend a single dollar on any of their shitty products. Don't even get me started on Macs (the computer for people too stupid to learn how to use computers) which you aren't even allowed to upgrade or modify yourself due to Apple's fucking closed system policy. As far as iPhones, they're shitty, overrated pieces of tech not worth the quadruple price they charge their Cult of Apple zealots for.
    you do know iOS/OSX is more closer to unix than the ultra restrictive WinX, which iOS/OSX, if you know what youre talking about, is more customizable than winx will ever allow you to do. I mean... windows is actually for the stupid and retarded that dont know anything about OS system and infrastructures. I mean... Only thing you can create on your own through windows is applications that allow you play around with unix/linux scripts in a virtual environment disconnected from winx. Not saying iOS/OSX can let you do anything. It is still someone elses product, but you can do so much more on the iOS/OSX right out the box unless youre stupid and right it off because you dont know unix to begin with...

btw... im a basic linux user with Winx/OSX partition. winx for games, osx for screenwriting and editing. like, really basic user... i pay some nerd to learn linux when i can f-ck it up on my own, restart, and f-ck it up again.
    Last edited by Wallmaker Yahzarah; 2017-07-13 at 09:58 PM.

Thats my prerogative. Ive only owned 3 phones since 2000... 9. or 2008. 1 year back from my vacation in Iraq. Signal Corp hooah. Breaking phones through anger is just nature... doesnt reflect intentional updates downgrades performance.
    Sounds like you have an anger issue, you might need some counseling before it escalates. Throwing and breaking personal possessions is not normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well all you have to do is not buy one, and I guarantee those prices will come down pretty damn fast if most did. As for me it isn't about price, If I can't simply find a need for what they are selling I won't at this point I think I'll just focus on getting the Iphone 7 when I am ready.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Let the unfortunate soul deal with my anger when them and I cross that bridge. Also its my property... i have enough control over of my faculties to never throw in the direction of someone elses property... I think in some countries, I would be considered a hero.

you do know iOS/OSX is more closer to unix than the ultra restrictive WinX, which iOS/OSX, if you know what youre talking about, is more customizable than winx will ever allow you to do. I mean... windows is actually for the stupid and retarded that dont know anything about OS system and infrastructures. I mean... Only thing you can create on your own through windows is applications that allow you play around with unix/linux scripts in a virtual environment disconnected from winx. Not saying iOS/OSX can let you do anything. It is still someone elses product, but you can do so much more on the iOS/OSX right out the box unless youre stupid and right it off because you dont know unix to begin with...

btw... im a basic linux user with Winx/OSX partition. winx for games, osx for screenwriting and editing. like, really basic user... i pay some nerd to learn linux when i can f-ck it up on my own, restart, and f-ck it up again.
    I'm talking about the machinery itself. I can upgrade my PC any time I want, one piece at a time. I can take it to anyone to get it repaired, and if I want to customize my rig, I can do anything I want to it. With Apple computers, they don't let you do jack shit. You can't even get into your own computer if you wanted to. It's called a closed system for a reason.

lol what? so you cant get into a macbook? or an imac? have you ever looked at a mac device that wasnt a iphone or ipad?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about the machinery itself. I can upgrade my PC any time I want, one piece at a time. I can take it to anyone to get it repaired, and if I want to customize my rig, I can do anything I want to it. With Apple computers, they don't let you do jack shit. You can't even get into your own computer if you wanted to. It's called a closed system for a reason.
    There are people who are fine with that, since you can get a decent amount of mileage out of an Apple computer. My wife has an almost 7 year old Macbook (the old white unibody model) that is still running fine (after upgrading the RAM and tossing out the old HDD for an SSD) with the latest OS. It does everything she needs, and I even use it now and then to play around with Xcode.

People pay the higher prices for Apple computers for the displays and access to programs that are only available on Mac OS.

I love playing games and building my own PC too, but that doesn't mean I don't have a use for an Apple computer (primarily for Xcode).

Speculation is mounting that Apple can go fuck themselves, they'll never see a penny of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I still have an old Asus notebook with a Core2Duo running WinXP from around 2003. It runs just fine and I occasionally use it as a secondary machine when the work I do is easier this way. That Apple hardware lasts longer than anything else is a stupid myth. Well yeah, I re-installed the whole thing once or twice and yeah, WinXP was very prone to slug creeping in over time, but with 7 and 10 this has gotten MUCH better. And as I said, the important bits - the Hardware - is a-okay.
    I also have another ~8 years old Notebook at the office I sometimes take with me when I'm at customers in the heavier industries, so it wouldn't be SUCH a loss if it was damaged. But the thing just works fine. Same with my private PC. The i7-4770K is 4 years old by now as well, but manages to keep even me satisfied perfectly, who does quite a bit of video encoding and software development, usually with very mathy computationally expensive stuff.

All the people that complain that their shit breaks more often than not just have no clue about how to handle such delicate technical devices, and I can guarantee you that most notebook deaths are caused by a combination of cat hair and putting it onto your pillow, leading to thermal stress that slowly damages everything. Same with phones. When I sometimes see how kids treat their phones I almost feel like punching them. These little marvels of technological advancement just don't deserve the tortures they are put through so casually!

On a side note: Yuck, who would want to use Xcode? *shivers*
    I find that hard to believe... i mean ASUS notebooks are and still are crap. Granted I own an old dinosaur, u205-s5057. Runs beautifully and so awesome. Some people are even jealous, but thats only because I pulled out that crap Windows Vista(lol), installed linux, installed 4gb of ram and a 250 SSD with a 512 SSD through stat to usb support. I have a 2007 macbook, that I keep in my living room where I maintain all entertainment, i dont mess with cable... if i can just stream for free. i have a 2nd gen macair, that i can play wow on with on low settings when im traveling/hopping around and just need something super small. Gets abit out... but whatever. As much as I like ASUS, only their mobo's are good and durable, but thats only if youre attentively keeping it healthy after 3 years and beyond.

edit: lol. googled my u205-s5057, apparently theres a 5$ starting bid on it. I should go for it. lol

Last edited by Wallmaker Yahzarah; 2017-07-14 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Apple is behind. Losing. Can't wait to see the pathetic announcement.

They will copy everything from the recent string of Android devices and call it all REVOLUTIONARY tech.

BEVELESS OLED DISPLAY! AMAZING. BIOMETRIC UNLOCKS! AMAZING! WIDGETS. AMAZING!

The word Sheeple is fucking terrible but so are Apple fans. SMH

It will probably come without a sim card port. But you can add one with a dongle.
    All the Apple hate is funny, considering Android wouldn't be here without Apple.

In the US most people lease their phone as part of their plan. The actual cost of the phone is largely irrelevant. Especially for those on the 'iPhone for Life' plan some carriers offer- which is basically a "free" upgrade to a new iPhone with each new version.

Other trade-in programs from carriers work roughly the same with the user mainly paying for the taxes. And viola, new phone.