Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't. But they don't care enough for players to be using tmorph. If they did they would've already banned a lot of livestreamers.

It's funny though that you created this thread after seeing a method member use tmorph yet livestreamers have been using it for literal years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So instead of Blizzard saying "Changing models is okay as long as it only pertains to cosmetic models changes and spells, but not these spells, and not these models..." they just outright ban it.
    How would they tell given the effect is client side? And why should they waste resources on it when they can simply say, it's banned outright?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    How would they tell given the effect is client side? And why should they waste resources on it when they can simply say, it's banned outright?
    They can "tell" when someone is... well, streaming it on twitch or running their mouth about it. They usually don't care enough to do anything about it because most of the time it IS innocuous.

But they aren't going to "allow it because usually it's innocuous" for the reasons I and others have outlined.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Warden_(software)

Deleted
    I spend money on WoW. Paid services, on many characters. I do also use tmorph daily, usually for transmog that my class cant use, or weapons like swords for monks which are stuck with fist weapons. I also change the looks of some spells because some abilities have terrible animations or looks. It makes the game more fun for me. Im not ruining for anything else. Me and everyone I know in WoW uses tmorph almost religiously and never been in trouble. I mean even if one were to be banned for it, it would be a first offense suspension which is like a day? Its not exactly botting which warrants 6 months currently or 12 months then perma.

- - - Updated - - -

Its also great for finding out how a desired mog will look on you before you go and get it. It saved me times where i didnt realize it would look terrible on me xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Method don't care about the rules of t his game, I'm not sure why this thread exists.

They willingly account share/buy, sell stuff for $$ etc, model editing is hardly surprisingly.

PS. Paragon's consumables were supplied for multiple tiers by a botter (who got free carries as a reward) :shocker:

Everyone does/did it.

The problem is enforcement, Blizzard doesn't care.
    Just out of interest how do you know it's a botter?

If a top guild turned around to me and said (more so at the time, that I had the free time) each week you supply x amount of consumables, you can get a free carry. I'd say yes straight away.

Infact, I don't see any other way any world first contender would do it, they spend countless hours on attempts, while having hundreds of wipes, that's a fuck ton of consumables to go through considering they have 20+ people.

Streamers have used tmorph forever without bans. Literally hours and hours of actual "proof" they are using it and nothing happens. Anyone that says they were banned for tmorph were using something else that was shady as well. Tmorph is and has been a grey area type of thing forever - Blizzard will obviously not say it's ok to use because it's a third party application, but it doesn't actually inject code into the game that affects gameplay in any way, so I don't think they really care at all about it. I'd rather they actually focus on combating against actual bots and cheats than worry about something irrelevant like tmorph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Streamers have been using tmorph for years now, never gotten in trouble for it. So it's okay to use it.

After all, it's just you that can see it, nobody else.
    Again, just because people use it, doesn't mean it is okay. After all, Blizzard ISN'T watching every single streamer, they only react on people if reported, or really obviously caught.

It isn't okay.

Blizzard has their policy that players are meant to experience the game all the same.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always use tmorph when it gets updated for several years, its a fantastic tool that enhances my gameplay. I dont tell anybody about it just enjoying it myself. Im pretty sure blizzard wont ban anyone using it unless you start modifying files or hacking the game.

Deleted
    Reckful used tmorph on stream for all of mists and didn't get banned. (only later for account sharing)

Method don't care about the rules of t his game, I'm not sure why this thread exists.

They willingly account share/buy, sell stuff for $$ etc, model editing is hardly surprisingly.

PS. Paragon's consumables were supplied for multiple tiers by a botter (who got free carries as a reward) :shocker:

Everyone does/did it.

The problem is enforcement, Blizzard doesn't care.
    They do. They're just not in a position right now where they can ban top guilds. And if they do, it'll most likely only be 24 hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Just out of interest how do you know it's a botter?

If a top guild turned around to me and said (more so at the time, that I had the free time) each week you supply x amount of consumables, you can get a free carry. I'd say yes straight away.

Infact, I don't see any other way any world first contender would do it, they spend countless hours on attempts, while having hundreds of wipes, that's a fuck ton of consumables to go through considering they have 20+ people.
    I knew the guy who was botting for them, they very much knew how they were being obtained.

I knew the guy who was botting for them, they very much knew how they were being obtained.
    You'll forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of that....

That you just happen to be anti method, and just happen to know the guy who did it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    You'll forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of that....

That you just happen to be anti method, and just happen to know the guy who did it
    I'm talking about Paragon? Not Method.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Again, just because people use it, doesn't mean it is okay. After all, Blizzard ISN'T watching every single streamer, they only react on people if reported, or really obviously caught.

It isn't okay.

Blizzard has their policy that players are meant to experience the game all the same.
    Calm down man. It doesn't affect the game in any capacity and doesn't give anyone an advantage or disadvantage. Utterly harmless.

I don't use it myself, never have, but I know a few players who do and I'm totally 100% fine with it.

It's technically against ToS, but Blizz doesn't give a crap as long as it's not used to gain an advantage (Like making Netherwing Eggs huge and glowing or something like that). They have much bigger fish to fry than that guy who wants to raid with a warglaive skin or an undead player who wants to use the chinese skins.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Allll the way back in vanilla you were able to put elite dragon around hunter pet dragons, change shape of your avatar, etc.. Never heard blizz make a big deal about it other then just silently banning/disabling addons that start to get intrusive/affect other players.
    People used to do all sorts of shit, making chickens have the Rag model and *accidentally* deleted a certain floor in AQ40

Remember some streamers a few years back using different models etc when doing arena, it's only visible to them, and I guess seeing that Human model 12 hours/day got boring, so they changed it up to be for instance a Furbolg.

I have my self used it, it is very simple to use, and I have never been banned for it. As people have mention - people need to report you, and as a non-streamer it is as good as impossible to be detected (unless you fail with your macro).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    People used to do all sorts of shit, making chickens have the Rag model and *accidentally* deleted a certain floor in AQ40
    I remember the first time my noob shaman leveling for the first time in classic.. was walking around in barrens and I ran into a hunter with an elite tiger pet and thought he was some OP guy..

10+ Year Old Account
    tmorph is one of those victimless-crime addons that Blizz doesn't ban against using unless you're using it for an obvious gameplay advantage (i.e., morphing the flag model in WSG into Ragnaros for easy visibility) or unless you're dumb and bragging about 'getting away with it' in public chats and you get reported for it. Otherwise it's usually just not worth the time to hunt down and enforce.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!