Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    Hater much there lol???

People used to call me "Fast Track" in the Navy lol, which should tell all you need to know!!!
    No need to despair, you can get medication for that.

As for Paladins getting spellbreakers, I woulden't say no. I always thought it was strange they weren't added in BC with BE, since spellbreakers are a large part of their lore.

I for one would also love to see shockadin return as a 4th paladin ranged holy spec....maybe called inquisitor or something. I am always missing the shockadin glory days, rest in peace patch 2.4.3....I will remember you always.

Quote Originally Posted by lyons View Post
    no need to despair, you can get medication for that.

As for paladins getting spellbreakers, i woulden't say no. I always thought it was strange they weren't added in bc with be, since spellbreakers are a large part of their lore.

I for one would also love to see shockadin return as a 4th paladin ranged holy spec....maybe called inquisitor or something. I am always missing the shockadin glory days, rest in peace patch 2.4.3....i will remember you always.
    I need no medication you slanderous hater!!!

Nevermind reality though, right???

Since reality is way overrated, right???

/facepalm much there you dummy???
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-07-15 at 07:56 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    I am always missing the shockadin glory days, rest in peace patch 2.4.3....I will remember you always.
    Amen to that.

I still know how to spec a Shockadin with my eyes closed, and to this day I still mog on my Paladin alt the Fang of the Leviathan as my 1hander, since I got my hands on it on a pug and made it my trademark weapon ever since.

I am The Legend, and I invented a new style of play for Mage!!!

TAKE THAT HATERS!!!
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Amen to that.

I still know how to spec a Shockadin with my eyes closed, and to this day I still mog on my Paladin alt the Fang of the Leviathan as my 1hander, since I got my hands on it on a pug and made it my trademark weapon ever since.
    Too many nostalgia feels. Ah the old fights I used to have with casters over their spellpower 1handers and damage trinkets ^^

I think shockadin was the most fun I ever had on wow as any class. Such a simple premise, yet it never got old. Though I think smaller numbers just felt generally better back when gamepay pace was slower, and mana was actually a thing. Crit for a few million now? No biggie, you don't feel anything. Critting for 2k back in the day? Wowza, that's something a healer won't be topping off in one GCD...

It kinda worked to some extent in wrath as well, but it died entirely with the advent of the new talent trees. Losing the old hybrid builds/trees was one of the worst decisions I think the design team ever made.
    Last edited by mmocca3607035f; 2017-07-15 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    No, not really. It serves a purpose: makes the game fresh and versatile. Modern, if you will: you're no longer restricted to a single spec, you master your whole class.
    Although artifacts kind of defeat the purpose.

Shockadins had a brief resurgence in Cata, to me, with the Harsh Words glyph and whatever it was that buffed Exorcism considerably. But after that, the spec was gone.
    And maybe for good.

But yeah, I have fond memories of being a Shockadin in TBC. Could do whatever, and the macro bursting 6k+ was ever so useful. It reminisces of times when raiding, and the game in general, was simpler and allowed for fantasy and versatility to be weaved into gameplay. Today it's more about dps thresholds.

Class was really bynary though, a good Mage would make you hate your life, and there was no way to beat any kind of competent Priest. But I had great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    As for Paladins getting spellbreakers, I woulden't say no. I always thought it was strange they weren't added in BC with BE, since spellbreakers are a large part of their lore.

I for one would also love to see shockadin return as a 4th paladin ranged holy spec....maybe called inquisitor or something
    Paladins getting a ranged dps spec would be superb, I like the Inquisitor name too. I wouldn't mind all classes to get a new spec that gives them a new role. (Don't know about druids, they already have all roles.) Many players stick to a particular class for the theme. For example I love the Mage theme and I stick to the class, but would love to tank within that theme, which would therefore help in a roster that's light on tanks. Another example is a Warlock friend of mine who would love to have a healing spec, where they sustain people through "corruption", SWTOR has such a thing for the Sith Inquisitors.
    It's likely just wishful thinking, but losing the artifact weapons and the legendaries after Legion would be leaving a void and it seems very reasonable to fill that void by further expanding the options within the existing classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...

They could merge frost and fire to a elemental spec and make one a Battlemage...but odds are it will suffer like Survival...why raid as a melee spec when you have two good ranged specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well what would they do with a mage? Cloth tank? Make a healing spec from a spec that has never been seen attempting any real kind of healing?
    in wrath/cata it was said they were planning on making a 4th spec for mages called a 'chronomancer' spec which used time as a 'resource' to undo damage dealt to allies as a healing spec for mages to try to help out with the stupidly long queue times of dungeons etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    in wrath/cata it was said they were planning on making a 4th spec for mages called a 'chronomancer' spec which used time as a 'resource' to undo damage dealt to allies as a healing spec for mages to try to help out with the stupidly long queue times of dungeons etc.
    I don't remember that but it was a long time ago...obviously nothing came it it...I can imagine they had trouble making something like that work if it went beyond a theory.

Love the idea, but would it be a 4th Mage Spec or a new class?

For example, Warlock could have been a 4th Mage Spec. Paladin a 4th Priest Spec, Hunter(Ranger) a 4th Rogue spec etc etc etc. Obviously, those classes had a lot of spec options making them standalone classes and I think the same could be said about the suggestions in the OP, based around the Spellbreaker from WC3.

That being said, I've always made sure to level cap my Mage (and a few other classes) during content droughts just incase 4th specs (or a major overhaul) grab my attention. Several classes, such as Mages, where I enjoy the lore but not the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Love the idea, but would it be a 4th Mage Spec or a new class?

For example, Warlock could have been a 4th Mage Spec. Paladin a 4th Priest Spec, Hunter(Ranger) a 4th Rogue spec etc etc etc. Obviously, those classes had a lot of spec options making them standalone classes and I think the same could be said about the suggestions in the OP, based around the Spellbreaker from WC3.

That being said, I've always made sure to level cap my Mage (and a few other classes) during content droughts just incase 4th specs (or a major overhaul) grab my attention. Several classes, such as Mages, where I enjoy the lore but not the gameplay.
    I dunno about that. Locks/mages, priests/paladins and hunters/rogues have been pretty separate since their relevant heroes were introduced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    I am The Legend, and I invented a new style of play for Mage!!!

TAKE THAT HATERS!!!
    Run along, cadet. You're dismissed.

Deleted
    Lastly, I don't really think it's in the WoW Mage class fantasy to become Battlemages.
    It's in the elven history, if anything, as much as shadowhunters and spiritism is in the Troll culture, and should then be introduced if Nightelves ever make into the shared race mix. But otherwise I feel like Mages would make for better healers than for melees, whatever their preferred position in the battlefield may be.
    Isn't this a contradiction?
    You say based on WoW setting and lore mages can't become Battlemages with the argument those are racial special classes?
    But I've never seen a mage heal in WoW at all. Arn't you now putting outside WoW depictions of mages into your argument?
    Also Scarlet Crusade also had Battlemages.

Because of this condradiction I'm translating what your saying intoo screw those arguments my depiction of mages is this which is based on multiple magelike depictions in fantasy stories and games. This also matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Paladins getting a ranged dps spec would be superb, I like the Inquisitor name too. I wouldn't mind all classes to get a new spec that gives them a new role. (Don't know about druids, they already have all roles.) Many players stick to a particular class for the theme. For example I love the Mage theme and I stick to the class, but would love to tank within that theme, which would therefore help in a roster that's light on tanks. Another example is a Warlock friend of mine who would love to have a healing spec, where they sustain people through "corruption", SWTOR has such a thing for the Sith Inquisitors.
    It's likely just wishful thinking, but losing the artifact weapons and the legendaries after Legion would be leaving a void and it seems very reasonable to fill that void by further expanding the options within the existing classes.
    I think i would have prefered if themes in one class is more seperated. They still have a binding element but it makes each spec more unique. In a way as dakara mentioned.

For example a warlock could also get as 4th spec as necromancer instead of making that a seperate class.
    As some said in a different topic (abotu new class). Demon hunter seems to infringe too much on excisting classes in gameplay. Think i'd rather had the tank spec be for warlocks or rogue (althoguh for rogue they could have done Warden as well).

A warlock could fit healing or tanking eitherway with the their lifedrain and channeling health too different targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    On the highly unlikely chance that they gave all the classes an extra spec, they certainly wouldn't add a 4th dps spec to the pure classes.
    Wouldn't be so sure about this, it'd be upsetting for many if their previously pure DPS classes could suddenly heal or tank, meaning they might have to consider that role for their guild or whatever.

I see melee and range DPS as different roles, and if 4th specs ever come, I'd imagine the pure DPS would stay pure, but get a melee spec (mages, warlocks), a ranged spec (rogues) or a new flavor of existing roles (say, dark ranger for hunter, a spell/physical ranged DPS).

Deleted
    Hmmm...

They could merge frost and fire to a elemental spec and make one a Battlemage...but odds are it will suffer like Survival...why raid as a melee spec when you have two good ranged specs.
    If they ad a melee dps spec for mages as someone mentioned it should be a bit of a hybrid that moves in and out of melee range. Maybe use illusion to swap places.

Oh I mentioned WoW mage themes that are open for more use like: Battlemage, Draconic, Timemaster.
    Another one is illusionist which would most likely be a summoner. Mages make physical illusions, Shadow Priests makes illusions of the Mind (and void apperation)

Eh. If they were to remake a spec... I would say Arcane would make a good enough 'Healing' theme (Chronomancy) or Frost would make a good enough 'Tanking' theme (Ice Armor/Barrier/Shields).

I could never imagine all Classes getting a new spec... that would 'cost us so many raid tiers'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Eh. If they were to remake a spec... I would say Arcane would make a good enough 'Healing' theme (Chronomancy) or Frost would make a good enough 'Tanking' theme (Ice Armor/Barrier/Shields).

I could never imagine all Classes getting a new spec... that would 'cost us so many raid tiers'.
    I highly doubt they'll transform one of the current specs into a tank or healing spec. Than that spec needs to be a in a terrible position and even than it probably be made melee.
    Before legion fire was in a terrible position and people started talking about a melee firemage spec.
    Right now Arcane seems to be in the worst position with having weird mechanics like arcane explosions being in melee range and displacement mobility.
    So Arcane actually has elements to turn it into a semi melee spec that hops in and out of melee combat intuitively.

Also not all classes need to get a 4th spec in the same expansion.

Deleted
    Hmmm...

I'm defintely into the idea of turning frost and fire into a single elementalist spec, first of all, why would you only use one of the two elements in combat when you have access to both, could even implement a shatter mechanic where freezing an enemy and then blowing them up deals additional damage.

More importantly however, if Blizzard were to do so it would allow them to be much more creative, there could be an illusionist spec, like the mesmer in guild wars 2, a battlemage, chronomancer, conjurer, maybe even a spellbreaker or witch hunter.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-07-16 at 01:50 PM.

Lastly, I don't really think it's in the WoW Mage class fantasy to become Battlemages.
    It's in the elven history, if anything, as much as shadowhunters and spiritism is in the Troll culture, and should then be introduced if Nightelves ever make into the shared race mix. But otherwise I feel like Mages would make for better healers than for melees, whatever their preferred position in the battlefield may be.
    Kirin Tor Battlemage is a widely used npc in Kirin Tor areas. And in Suramar we were introduced to melee spellcasters with double bladed swords and unique spells. Furthermore swords were among the mage weapons alongside staves since vanilla. I can't see a reason why player characters shouldn't be able to go that path. I for one am tired of seeing the swords and daggers being nothing but stat sticks (staves too for that matter.)
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2017-07-16 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.