Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    Botani Camouflage.
    Thank you!

Looks quite awesome for a druid

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    I am sorry but @Rorcanna is spot on the point and you missed it.. In this whole thread you just spew bullshit..

Time consuming is not hard by any metric, just overall spirit-breaking. If you still wish to farm resistance gear just quit the game, this mentality is long gone - I just wish the people who support it would have gone with it.
    Amen times 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    That's an opinion though.
    You're free to compare raid encounters now with raid encounters from before. I ain't gonna do it for you.

If Method players regularly move the goalposts with new tiers for what they consider to have been the most challenging encounter, it sure as hell holds true for the levels I play at (scrub level, 8/9 HC and starting Mythic).

Only one person switched to the new title for the killshot? Now that's some poor coordination!

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Surprised to see they only have 1-2 artifact levels more than me, a semi-casual who's now at 4/9 heroic with no grinding going on between. I guess the whole "forced to do everything and play 24/7 to be competitive" thing is pure bullshit. Who would have guessed.
    They each have at least 5 characters with similar amount of traits for class stacking and loot funneling. Good try though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    And you see this is where you start getting into shit that wasn't even mentioned here as if to say the game today is now generally more difficult. You're having an argument with yourself and doing exactly what you accuse other people of.

This is verbatim what you are doing right now in this thread.

I am not in any way saying Vanilla was the epitome of challenge in this game, YOU are saying that the game right now is and that's just plain wrong and idiotic.

Literally not even responding to reality here, you're just saying nonsense and keep repeating it. It took 4 months for a guild that was definitely not full of complete dipshit retards that didn't know how to play the fucking game to get the world first rag kill.
    The time commitment of Vanilla guilds was legit but it's a flat out falsehood to suggest these guys were playing their classes well.

Death and Taxes healing officer has posted videos of him keyboard turning and clicking during an attempt at Pre-Nerf C'Thun. This is after they racked up multiple world firsts in the tier.

I can't post link but it can easily be found on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    imo avatar was their own fault for it being "mathematically impossible" since they tested it dono if they tested KJ tho if the did then it's their own fault or it also
    Avatar was not mathematically impossible hence they got the kill before Blizzard made any changes to the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deathsreaper View Post
    Avatar was not mathematically impossible hence they got the kill before Blizzard made any changes to the boss.
    Not to mention that the best tank in the world just rigged his damn keyboard to spam sunder armor over and over and went afk during a raid boss. Mike Preach will tell you all about that. The only reason it took people so long to kill bosses in Vanilla was because the game was poorly designed. There is no way any of the world first guilds from Vanilla could compete today for world first period.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty sure only one boss ever had that and it was because of it being a bonus boss.

For main bosses it has no place. If guilds want to invest time then that is their decision and they should not be punished for wanting to do so.
    Algalon (Ulduar Bonus Boss) - You had 1 hour per week to get him down after going to him

Heroic Mode Trial of the Crusader - You had 50 attempts per week for the whole raid. 50 wipes and all remaining bosses despawned.

Heroic Icecrown Citadel -> Gated instance, Wings got enabled on a 2-week schedule
    Putricide Wing openend -> You had 10 attempts per week on Putricide
    Lanathel Wing opened -> You had 15 attempts combined on Putricide an Lanathel
    Sindragosa Wing opened -> You had 20 attempts combined on Putricide, Lanathel, Sindragosa and Lich King

Ra-den (Throne of Thunder Bonus Boss) - You had 30 attempts per week.

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    Algalon (Ulduar Bonus Boss) - You had 1 hour per week to get him down after going to him

Heroic Mode Trial of the Crusader - You had 50 attempts per week for the whole raid. 50 wipes and all remaining bosses despawned.

Heroic Icecrown Citadel -> Gated instance, Wings got enabled on a 2-week schedule
    Putricide Wing openend -> You had 10 attempts per week on Putricide
    Lanathel Wing opened -> You had 15 attempts combined on Putricide an Lanathel
    Sindragosa Wing opened -> You had 20 attempts combined on Putricide, Lanathel, Sindragosa and Lich King

Ra-den (Throne of Thunder Bonus Boss) - You had 30 attempts per week.
    Aha. See I didn't start till late Wrath so I didn't really raid much. I knew Trial had it but no idea Ulduar or ICC did. Ra-den I obviously knew.

Anyone know what the classes/specs they brought for the kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Anyone know what the classes/specs they brought for the kill?
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/tarren-mill/Method
    click the kiljaiden kill, then click view raid setup

take it with a grain of salt, they may have logged out with different setups (outlul)

Quote Originally Posted by JMpal View Post
    The time commitment of Vanilla guilds was legit but it's a flat out falsehood to suggest these guys were playing their classes well.
    Relatively speaking they certainly were. You cite people keyboard turning but at the time complaints about this was not even something you'd hear from pvpers really because that whole aspect of the game was an afterthought. There wasn't a lot of intense movement involved in pve that made the game constrictive if you didn't play with keybinds, so not a serious concern at the time.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-17 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    He's not spot on, first off he was ignoring points I was actually making and making ridiculous assumptions about what he thinks I think and overlooking everything I said even though I was just laying out facts about what the game was like and not giving my opinion at all.

The main problem is that yourself, him and others on this forum seem to fail at reading comprehension and the English language. I never said that Vanilla raid bosses were harder or something like that, but you keep repeating about how bosses today are harder and then when someone brings up how the game was otherwise difficulty you foam at the mouth about how the game had no difficulty to at all because it required no skillz!

And what that means is that you are quite pathetic to have some need to force your opinion about the game down other people's throats in this manner, and also that you do not comprehend basic English. I broke this down very simply to you people already. And it does not matter if you agree or not I am correct and what I am talking about is not open to debate, I am only talking facts here. I never gave my opinion about the game.

The first think you need to get through your skull is that the simple word difficult does not mean "requires skill" the simple definition is something requiring effort or skill. Climbing fucking Mount Everest does not require you to be a skilled survivalist or climber by any means, anyone can join an expedition and do that these days, but it is something that requires a lot of fucking effort and isn't easy to do.

You and that fool aren't even arguing about things that were even brought up here by other people, you're just straight up talking right out of your ass about things you clearly didn't even experience yourself. And not only that you are talking down to people that are more experienced than you with the current game as well as the past and that makes you look even more foolish. That fool didn't make it past Mythic Krosus in Nighthold, I was on Gul'dan before TOS launched.

But somehow this less skilled and experienced player who fails to understand basic English does not only know more about the game he has less experience playing, he can read people's minds too?

He's a bottom tier Mythic Raider arguing straight out of his ass. It's beyond stupid. Y'all young and inexperienced gamers who think you don't look incredibly foolish right now because this realm is full of Cata/MOP babies just like you that think they're playing a more difficult game on the whole than any of us ever played before.

You're damn right I think the game on the whole is easier now, because it fucking is. In previous iterations of this game it was never even possible to outgear the content you were trying to clear while it was still the cutting edge content of the game. That's the norm now. In previous interations of the game you couldn't bring whatever class comp you wanted. I'm not sitting here presenting my opinion as a player that hasn't even played this entire game since day 1 as a fact though, and the thing is the complexity of the boss mechanics isn't the only thing in this game, there's more to this game than just those bosses and you can't just put them in a bubble outside of the rest of the game and measure which is harder than the other without the context of the rest of the game, it doesn't work that way.
    If you would have been a tiny bit less condescending, people might follow through with you, but after a few lines I figured it's a lost cause so..

tldr.
    Last edited by Beckers; 2017-07-17 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Format

Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post

take it with a grain of salt, they may have logged out with different setups (outlul)
    Well who knows what mythic only phase that fight has, but that comp makes a lot of sense actually. Would allow them to solo soak most dreadflames/armageddons and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    If you would have been a tiny bit less condescending, people might follow through with you, but after a few lines I figured it's a lost cause so.

tldr.
    Dude this was after a lot of back and forth with a guy that has only ever killed the easiest mythic bosses when they were new talking to me like I'm just some LFR player. I don't care what you think frankly. The opinion of someone that's judging something off of limited information isn't worth a hill of beans.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-17 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    They complained it was numerically impossible, and yet they finally down it with no hotfixes to the fight. This is one of those situations where the answer was stop sucking.
    IDK if they were serious when they said impossible or exaggerating, though when they put in that many attempts one can definitely argue it was all just a matter of keep trying until the rng swings into your favor to allow you to beat the fight.

This is some of the worst class balance I have ever seen in a raid. I thought we were supposed to be past this bullshit. Blizzard should be fucking ashamed of themselves for this joke of a tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    This is some of the worst class balance I have ever seen in a raid. I thought we were supposed to be past this bullshit. Blizzard should be fucking ashamed of themselves for this joke of a tier.
    omg...they used class stacking on first kill.

Found the Rogue/Druid main

Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    The only way to balance at that bleeding edge level would be to delete all differences and just have one class. No matter what, some classes will have some slight advantage on some bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    The only way to balance at that bleeding edge level would be to delete all differences and just have one class. No matter what some classes will have some slight advantage on some bosses.
    Slight advantage doesn't usually lead into half the raid being the same two classes. Like is ilvl suddenly supposed cover the amount of soaks you need to hit or what