Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Texting and driving isn't stupid, Emotions clouding ppls judgment f**ks everyone over

There seems to be alot more tighter and stricter laws being passed over every year only because someone's loved ones get killed over because of something that didn't get passed as a law to make it illegal, for an example http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/advo...-law/563241932 state.

Texting and driving isn't bad ad it doesn't hurt everyone, you've got to be joking with me if you think it is and somehow its severely going to impact your driving, it doesn't. Same goes for eating grooming yourself and other things while driving

Ok so some ppl can't multi task and end up getting into an accident, so what? What about the other people who don't get into an accident and can multitask? It isn't that bad and overall people are actually good about it than people that aren't so good with it so we should ban it? That makes no sense. Those texting and driving ads you sometimes see on the commercials shouldn't fool anyone with half a brain, as it isn't even like that when the average person does it. I usually type one letter at a time when I text and drive and it's short sentences and if I really need to I can just pull over to the side text something and tell the other guy I'm busy on the road, there shouldn't be a law to. tell me I need to do that, you tell yourself that. I've done it without getting into any problems and accidents for the past 10 years. It's alot of propaganda to intimidate people and turn on people's feelings that cloud their judgement. You have to realize way fewer people get hurt by it then people who don't get hurt by it, it's all just emotions, and it's those emotions that fucks with everyone else over.

Let me address that I've had a family member been killed by someone who was texting and driving. It happened two years ago and it still hurts to see him go and it feels weird to not see that person around anymore, it sucks it's like a hole in my heart and a part of me is gone.

But at the same time the moment I advocate a law to be passed because my thoughts and judgement get clouded by my emotions, it fucks everyone and society over. Because I know not everyone else is as bad as that driver, and the majority actually aren't that bad otherwise there should be way more accidents than non accidents. Driving is dangerous in the first place. Life is dangerous. Should we ban and put tighter restrictions on everything that might hurt us like guns, drugs, and other behaviors on the road that other people disagree with? Absolutely not. My stance on it still hasn't changed even after having my family member being killed by a terrible driver who happened to be incapable of multitasking that the majority can easily do without problems. So why instead does people's emotions continue to cloud their judgement and pass shitty laws that fuck over people who don't have this problem huh?
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2017-07-18 at 04:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So what you are saying is that it's ok to just not watch the road?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not over there in Sweden, but here in America, yes, it is a serious problem that contributes greatly to unsafe driving. Any time you take your eyes off the road to read or reply to a text is time you aren't paying attention to the road, and thus become a hazard to anyone in your car or around it. If it's that important, pull the hell over and get back to driving after you've finished the discussion.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not legalize drunk driving? I know some people can't do it but there shouldn't be laws to stop people who can do it safely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texting and driving is stupid, and almost as bad as drunk driving.

Don't text and drive.

This idiot again.

Texting and driving is worse than drunk driving. Multiple studies have been done on this subject.

http://www.bisociety.org/texting-whi...ore-dangerous/

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31545004

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/81...ving-study.htm

If texting and driving is so safe then why is it 100% illegal for professional drivers to text or even manipulate their cell phones while driving a tractor trailer? All a professional driver can do is press a single button to answer a phone, they cannot hold the phone to their ear. They have to have a hands free headset. Go to any truck stop across America, and you will see literally every single professional driver wearing a headset.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't underestimate or understate the potential lack of regard someone here in the west might have when it comes to putting others' lives in danger because of carelessness.

There are a lot of people here who are downright idiots. And it's never their fault, never.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    When you can make sure someone texting and driving ISN'T going to crash into someone who ISN'T texting and driving and screw THEM out of life because of THEIR mistake, you can talk about this being a silly law.

Until then, you're directly stating why that's a problem and pretending it isn't.
    It doesn't do any of what you think it does only a.few can't do it doesn't mean everyone who is able to do it should get fucked over it.

It's a good thing I've developed skills to spot a troll thread.
    There have been research studies done on this topic. It's your word against statistical research, and you won't win.

Nah, it's definitely stupid.

Wait ten years and get a self-driving car, then you can do whatever you want while the car drives for you.

Until then, no phones, no eating, no grooming while you're controlling the one tonne metal explosion-powered death machine.

Deleted
    The number of times I've got to beep at some douchebag stationary at a green light alone is reason for me to support not texting and driving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    So what you are saying is that it's ok to just not watch the road?
    Not looking at the road for a split second isn't going to hurt you. You can still text and look at the road at the same time, you just need more practice. So it's a silly law and redundant.

Sorry, I don't deserve to die so some douchewaffle can sext with his gf.

0 respect for retards that endager others and have a smug sense of superiority because they think they can handle it.

I think I have lost my ability to tell troll posts from reality.

Sure why not allow testing and driving - in fact, why ask people to watch the road at all - just let them install a monitor in right in front of their faces and raid black temple. Let's go all the way and let fully blind people drive. I am sure some of them wouldn't have accidents.

That not everyone who texts and drive gets into an accident doesn't mean it shouldn't be illegal. What kind of faulty logic is that? It's proven to distract you from the road. Distractions = higher likelihood of accident. Pull over if you want to text, it's not going to hurt you and you're less likely to hurt someone else.

It's like saying shooting people in the face should be legal since, well, some people survived it!

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    It doesn't do any of what you think it does only a.few can't do it doesn't mean everyone who is able to do it should get fucked over it.
    It has nothing to do with "multitasking" which in itself is a myth. It has to do with muscle memory. Some people can get away with drunk driving because we have muscle memory from it. We are actively trying to control your car, even while impaired. Texting and driving, we have no muscle memory. We simply cannot do it, and there are more studies than your anecdotal stories can begin to come up with to counter and arguement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    This idiot again.

Texting and driving is worse than drunk driving. Multiple studies have been done on this subject.

http://www.bisociety.org/texting-whi...ore-dangerous/

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31545004

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/81...ving-study.htm

If texting and driving is so safe then why is it 100% illegal for professional drivers to text or even manipulate their cell phones while driving a tractor trailer? All a professional driver can do is press a single button to answer a phone, they cannot hold the phone to their ear. They have to have a hands free headset. Go to any truck stop across America, and you will see literally every single professional driver wearing a headset.
    I can attest to this when I was working retail at a computer shop near the QEW. Tons of truckers coming in buying bluetooth headsets. It's required, and it makes sense. One less thing to send them into a ditch, one less distraction that could crumple the sedan in front of them into an oversized coke can.

I really don't see why it should be any different for civilians. Put your fucking phone in hands-free mods, get a headset, or just leave it the fuck alone for 5 minutes while you drive to work. It infuriates me how out of control some people are with their impulses that they HAVE to check their social media every waking second of their life, often enough to actually begin putting themselves and others at risk. Gets me so fucking fired up.

I loathe lowest common denominators like that. A waste of resources and money, walking talking consuming mistakes who shirk blame and only consider their own selfish addictions. North America is rife with these kind of people. I know some, grew up around others. I fucking hate it.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Maybe not over there in Sweden, but here in America, yes, it is a serious problem that contributes greatly to unsafe driving. Any time you take your eyes off the road to read or reply to a text is time you aren't paying attention to the road, and thus become a hazard to anyone in your car or around it. If it's that important, pull the hell over and get back to driving after you've finished the discussion.
    No it is not a serious problem and it isn't unsafe texting for long periods of time however is, you have to know when you can effectively do it without getting hurt while driving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    It's unsafe for everyone. Just because (some) people can get by without wrecks doesn't mean they're not drastically increasing their chance of a wreck, even if they end up completely safe every time you do it.

Should driving while intoxicated be legalized?