Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking LPGA Dress Code under fire for body shaming.

This is from my local paper.
    http://m.chron.com/entertainment/the...r-11294032.php

I think my favorite quote is...
    "As more and more pointless dress codes interfere with our daily lives, women are standing up for their right to wear what they want and not be slut-shamed."

This is professional golf we are talking about.

Why are they introducing a stricter dress code?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

"As more and more pointless dress codes interfere with our daily lives, women are standing up for their right to wear what they want and not be slut-shamed."

Yes, golf has dress codes, thats just a part of the sport. Even the golf field here where i live have dress codes - for both men and women.

"Length of skirt, skort, and shorts MUST be long enough to not see your bottom area (even if covered by under shorts) at any time, standing or bent over." - THEY ARE ISIS. Rofl

I would think football (American) is far more body shaming.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever is complaining about a league policy as well as course policies is an idiot. Golf retains its professionalism by having dress codes that are fair for both men and women. It is perfectly acceptable to have dress codes, and even if the league changed the rules, the league would have to abide by the course dress codes at every event. That is why both the league and the majority of courses all have similar dress codes, so that there is no differentiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

I find it HILARIOUS that women keep complaining about dress codes when in the professional sector, men have been subject to harsher dress codes for a couple/few decades now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Whoever is complaining about a league policy as well as course policies is an idiot. Golf retains its professionalism by having dress codes that are fair for both men and women. It is perfectly acceptable to have dress codes, and even if the league changed the rules, the league would have to abide by the course dress codes at every event. That is why both the league and the majority of courses all have similar dress codes, so that there is no differentiation.
    I mean it's just like the whole US Congress complaining about the women's sleeveless thing. Would it be right if Bernie Sanders suddenly wore a sleeveless shirt to vote on a bill?

I find women's golf and women's sport in general to be as boring as fuck, regardless of what they are wearing. I guess that makes me sexist, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I find women's golf and women's sport in general to be as boring as fuck, regardless of what they are wearing. I guess that makes me sexist, but there it is.
    I mean you aren't. Look at the Serena Williams hype and how literally people claim she's one of the best players ranking with men, but would get crushed by any D lister tennis playing male. Hell didn't she just lose now?

Granted I would like to go see roller derby one day just to see it live. Seems fun and I don't know if men actually play it(I mean obviously there have to be some, but not often). Women's basketball etc are just awful.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The one time he doesn't copy and paste the article he posts a broken site....

For anyone not on mobile that wants to actually read it.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/t...r-11294032.php
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2017-07-18 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Is truly "body shaming" to say you can't sell your body for views out on the field? Like many have said, women's sports are boring compared to the alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    The LPGA is still around?

I dislike dress codes in general. It's people trying hard to look more important than they actually are.

Notable exception for safety related codes. And uniforms.

It's a double standard. Women complain that they're being shamed because their skirts are too short, but at least they can wear them, or skorts. Men must wear long pants, per the PGA:

Does the PGA TOUR have a dress code or appearance standard?
    The PGA TOUR Player’s policy states that, “players shall present a neat appearance in both clothing and personal grooming. Clothing worn by players shall be consistent with currently accepted golf fashion.” Golf attire and fashion is always changing and evolving. T-shirts, jeans, or shorts (for players) are considered inappropriate. Our officials monitor player appearance for violations while allowing players to express their own personal styles.

I'm sure male golfers would love to be able to wear shorts.

I work in an office and it's the same thing. Men must wear dress slacks and a dress shirt. A polo/golf shirt is acceptable. We can wear jeans on Fridays. Dress shoes must also be worn. Women however this time of year, get away with sleeveless tops and sundresses that would be more appropriate for the beach, along with sandals or flip-flops.
    Last edited by btlcryct; 2017-07-18 at 12:49 PM.

Men compete in what is essentially business casual dress. Don't see how women being held to a similar standard is the end of the world. But then again, this kind of crap is par for the course from the "random dipshits posting on twitter is now considered news" section of the internet. pun intended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Men are far more restricted in what they're allowed to wear in any professional, casual, or athletic setting compared to women.

As long as Women are allowed to wear the same outfits as men, I don't have an issue with any other part of a dress code. If they are required to wear skirts or sleeveless shirts, then I would agree with them, that it is wrong.

Personally, they should just ban skirts and have the women wear the same as men. Polo shirt and pants. Case closed

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    The one time he doesn't copy and paste the article he posts a broken site....

For anyone not on mobile that wants to actually read it.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/t...r-11294032.php
    No problem bringing up on non-mobile devices here with the original link, PC or Mac. Maybe your just looking for an excuse to criticize. At any rate, thanks for the link for the people that are having issues.
    Have a wonderful day everyone.

A lot of those female golfers are pretty hefty, are they trying to get them to wear more or less clothing?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I find it HILARIOUS that women keep complaining about dress codes when in the professional sector, men have been subject to harsher dress codes for a couple/few decades now.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it's just like the whole US Congress complaining about the women's sleeveless thing. Would it be right if Bernie Sanders suddenly wore a sleeveless shirt to vote on a bill?
    What difference does it make what any of them wear to work? Do his sleeves have some sort of influence over the legislative process?

10+ Year Old Account
    While the dress code is silly, I think the bigger issue is that Golf is split into Men's and Women's divisions. It's pretty silly in my opinion.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.