Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorebelly da Warboss View Post
    WoW's lore in general is a mess.
    Nah, mainly TBC and WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorebelly da Warboss View Post
    WoW's lore in general is a mess.
    Nah, if anything it ends up too clean and self contained.

Take Cataclysm for instance. How did we defeat Deathwing? By taking the Dragon Soul from the past, something already related to him. We could have expanded new plot points by using the Forge of Origination, for example. Would have been a great way to tie the Uldum story to the main plot. What about Tempest Keep? Surely such an important structure hasn't remained vacant after Kael's defeat, but it was never seen again. Some of the Artifact questlines seem to be copy/pasted as well, such as the Arcane mage and Discipline priest being the EXACT SAME THING. I say lore isn't complex enough. Blizzard really seems to think stories should happen in a bubble, with anything outside that bubble being the foreshadowing of another bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Things in WoW don't stay dead.
    They do, ONLY if you cut the head, ask Kael

Quote Originally Posted by Randyboob View Post
    I agree with you that Tirions fall should've been more like Varians, but I strongly disagree with your Sylvanas bit. I think the result of Sylvanas killing arthas would still just have made her jump off the throne, having a major character kill her nemesis only to attempt suicide immediately after while the players are fighting over who loots Invincible would've been horrible. And would sylvanas have considered putting on the helmet like tirion does? What would she have done with the information that no lich king = extinction when her species is facing extinction either way, and she is litterally about to jump to her own death?
    She actually did though. There's a novel where she commits suicide after she discovers Arthas is dead, she even cares little for the new Lich King being a threat because her goal to nail Arthas had ended. She comes back though from the Shadowlands I presume.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvan..._Edge_of_Night

Quote Originally Posted by Edge of Night
    "Her body burst on the saronite stones below with a crushing finality."
    ---
    "Yes," she said. "We have a pact."
    Annhylde nodded grimly, then rose up, her features blurred and ghostly. "The pact is made, Sylvanas Windrunner," she said. "My sisters are yours, and you hold sway over life and death." A long pause, and then: "I shall take your place."
    The light was blinding.
    Then Sylvanas awoke, her body twisted but whole, the enormous column of Icecrown Citadel looming above her like a tombstone.
    Annhylde was gone. Sylvanas was surrounded by the eight remaining Val'kyr.
    As long as they lived, so too would she.
    It's also why her trying to do things to Eyir and Greymane "taking her future away too" is pretty big.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-20 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    1. Titans were killed in Chronicles. That's correct. However, like Vyve said we don't know if they are the actual titan or an image of them. There are pieces of Lore missing that. What was datamined is not the full picture.

2. The Soul of Argus could be to fast forward their regeneration from the Twisted Nether, nothing against Chronicles there. Before Sargeras they were returning, but maybe it took longer, and now it's more quick due to Argus.

Again Vyve is right, we don't have 7.3 full picture. Yet.
    Except for the part where Argus now has a World Soul in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Actually, they might've planned for it, but the players were not sure we'd get it. Them showing art is one thing, we had tons of art of other places in classic too that we never got to see until later expansions. So that's invalid.

Also it was the first DLC for WoW too so nobody had any idea how long it would go on for. So nah dude, it's not a lie at all.
    It was the culmination of storylines started in 2.0 and the literal namesake of the expansion. It wouldn't be a Burning Crusade without the Burning Legion crusading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except for the part where Argus now has a World Soul in the first place.
    Nowhere in Chronicle did it say that Argus DIDN'T have a World Soul. In fact, they talked very little about Argus, most likely to conceal this little twist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It was the culmination of storylines started in 2.0 and the literal namesake of the expansion. It wouldn't be a Burning Crusade without the Burning Legion crusading.
    The Legion is barely present in Burning Crusade. The vast majority of the conflict is against the Illidari.

Some people just so fucking ignorant and lack of imagiantion. Blizzard did say there is no world soul in argus (it was a blue post iiirc) but that doesnt mean Sargeras just couldnt find a way to twist the realities and pull a world soul from one of the realities where argus had a world soul or found a way to reproduce (and its a weak world soul as its artificial) or anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The Legion is barely present in Burning Crusade. The vast majority of the conflict is against the Illidari.
    That may be so, but the overarching theme was still that of the Legion's planetary domination. Illidan was the posterboy for it because he was affected by the Legion, fought the Legion, was manipulated by the Legion, and was training troops to annihilate the Legion.

Outside of Illidan's history, and the primary reason he was even on Outland, the Legion was still everywhere. The planet itself was wrecked due to the machinations of the Legion, and the rampant portal opening Ner'zhul did for the Legion. The dungeons in Hellfire were dealing with cultists following the Legion. Though I'll grant you that the rest of the instanced content weren't dealing directly with the Legion until Quel'Danas. Serpentshrine Caverns was dealing with Illidan's naga buds, Tempest Keep was dealing with the exodus of the Draenei, and BT was dealing with the training of the Illidari. The Naga were collecting resources to save what remains of the planet and fend off the Legion. Kael'thas was being...kael'thas. Illidan had set up a contingent of forces to take down the Kil'jaeden until we ruined it.

So, there was a heavy presence of the Burning Legion in The Burning Crusade. (Also gotta say your avatar is awesome.)

Cover art 10/10, would bone Tyrande again.

On a more serious note, I can't wait to get my hands on Vol. 3. I've loved reading Vol. 1 & 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Have you been ignoring the PTR developments and the datamining? That's hardly " little shards "

The titans were killed in the Chronicles, they're alive in 7.3
    Sargeras is using the soul of argus to keep recreating his immortal army, the demons were capable of returning before Sargeras fell to corruption.

There have been oversights that's undeniable but it might be benign, it could change, after all, they forgot Falstad was alive.
    The Titans were killed in Chroncles. And Sargeras has been holding their souls prisoner ever since, that's why Norgannon's spell to send them into the Watchers failed. He's been building them Avatars to place their souls into once he's broken them. So far he's broken Aggramar, and is close to Eonar.

And demons were always capable of reforming in the nether. Sargeras uses the power of Argus to accelerate the process, as it likely takes years without a boost.

No retcons. The story is unfolding and we're learning more details. We knew the Titans tried to send themselves into the Watchers, but it didn't work, now we know why. We knew demons could revive in the Nether, but we didn't know the speed at which they could wasn't natural. Take Kruul for instance, the guy tanks need to kill for their challenge skin. He didn't have access to the World Soul of Argus, and so it took him... 8ish in universe years from being killed in early BC by Illidan until now to revive.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-07-22 at 09:24 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Nah, if anything it ends up too clean and self contained.

Take Cataclysm for instance. How did we defeat Deathwing? By taking the Dragon Soul from the past, something already related to him. We could have expanded new plot points by using the Forge of Origination, for example. Would have been a great way to tie the Uldum story to the main plot. What about Tempest Keep? Surely such an important structure hasn't remained vacant after Kael's defeat, but it was never seen again. Some of the Artifact questlines seem to be copy/pasted as well, such as the Arcane mage and Discipline priest being the EXACT SAME THING. I say lore isn't complex enough. Blizzard really seems to think stories should happen in a bubble, with anything outside that bubble being the foreshadowing of another bubble.
    I think this delineates WoW lore crafting!
    1. A lot of side-stories circumventing the major plot.
    2. The plot escalates; independent of lore, rather it appears as if the characters or agents active in side-stories: are unreluctant to intervene, even if they share the same interest with the main antagonist, or the protagonist! I.e. the bubble effect - as Selastan precisely put it.
    3. The major plot is resolved.
    4. A somewhat irrelevant matter of fact, in relation to what previously have been focused, attracts attention from the lore crafters and rapidly erupts into a major plot.

I presuppose the intention of this method aims to ensure the community a huge area of speculation. With due to the loss of compelling and more stringent causes, circumventing the major plot. I do not have a liking for their method, however, I can see it has a place in a MMO, whereof the community have disparate demands in regard to lore and taste. Blizzard need to cater to everyone's expectation of the expansion, namely the customers who bought the expansion. In an upcoming expansion, which haven't been touched upon, lorewise, leaves blizzard free to implement whatever appears to be in demand from the community in conjunction to the theme of the expansion.