Logs help sub rogue

Would appreciate a second eye regarding my play. I'm new to sub rogue since 7.2.5 and learning on the go. The logs posted here are middling for me in terms of performance and I know I can improve. Thanks in advance.

I'm porschex btw

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ganis/porschex

shameless bump. Would appreciate criticism

Your rotation after the dfa>shadowdance had goremaw or nightblades in the shadowdance window. I think low energy going into the dfa and concern about Nightblade wearing off causes this for me, maybe the same for you. Need to have shadowstrikes and perhaps another eviscerate in there instead I think.

ok had a look. Your dances are so not efficient half the time. During dance, dont refresh NB. refresh it before dance or after. during dance, you need a total cast of 4. 3x SS and 1 Evis during DFA dance. If you are about to cap and going to dance, you can either Evis ss ss evis, OR a combination of 3x SS and Evis that makes it fit. (SS Evis SS SS / SS SS Evis SS) Never Goremaw during dance. you are wasting SS. Goremaw any time you are Sub 50 energy and Sub 3 CP but never during dance.

Your opener is sub optimal as well. it looks like you are doing an outdated opener. It has been updated to be...
    SB, SS, NB, Dance, SS, SOD, SS, Evs, SS, Vanish +SS cancel AA, DFA, ShD, SS, SS, Evis, SS
    After this, its up to you. NB should drop off just as SS is cast, so you spend the next 5-6 CP for NB.

Always have DFA burst ready for when SOD comes off CD. Finality does not matter. its just an extra bonus. You wont be able to line up finality with every DFA. Just make sure you are going into DFA combo with 7 sec remaining with NB. Else try to just refresh NB early (if NB finality is up). Else depending on time, you might just drop NB mid dance or post dance. Up to user.

Anyway thats a quick basic breakdown of what I saw was wrong. DFA is all about optimizing that dance period. you do not want to waste that dance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubRouge View Post
    ok had a look. Your dances are so not efficient half the time. During dance, dont refresh NB. refresh it before dance or after. during dance, you need a total cast of 4. 3x SS and 1 Evis during DFA dance. If you are about to cap and going to dance, you can either Evis ss ss evis, OR a combination of 3x SS and Evis that makes it fit. (SS Evis SS SS / SS SS Evis SS) Never Goremaw during dance. you are wasting SS. Goremaw any time you are Sub 50 energy and Sub 3 CP but never during dance.

Your opener is sub optimal as well. it looks like you are doing an outdated opener. It has been updated to be...
    SB, SS, NB, Dance, SS, SOD, SS, Evs, SS, Vanish +SS cancel AA, DFA, ShD, SS, SS, Evis, SS
    After this, its up to you. NB should drop off just as SS is cast, so you spend the next 5-6 CP for NB.

Always have DFA burst ready for when SOD comes off CD. Finality does not matter. its just an extra bonus. You wont be able to line up finality with every DFA. Just make sure you are going into DFA combo with 7 sec remaining with NB. Else try to just refresh NB early (if NB finality is up). Else depending on time, you might just drop NB mid dance or post dance. Up to user.

Anyway thats a quick basic breakdown of what I saw was wrong. DFA is all about optimizing that dance period. you do not want to waste that dance.
    Pretty much this! Nothing more to add.

... Vanish +SS cancel AA, ...
    what do you mean with AA?

I believe what he's saying is there is a bug currently where you can macro in an ability with vanish and get the benefits of stealth without breaking it. You cancel Auto attacks as to not break stealth before you activate DfA for a longer uptime on Shoulders buff/ Mos buff

For Example

#showtooltip
    /cast Vanish
    /cast Shadowstrike

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1519 View Post
    I believe what he's saying is there is a bug currently where you can macro in an ability with vanish and get the benefits of stealth without breaking it. You cancel Auto attacks as to not break stealth before you activate DfA for a longer uptime on Shoulders buff/ Mos buff

For Example

#showtooltip
    /cast Vanish
    /cast Shadowstrike
    Is there something I'm missing? I can't get this to work.

I believe you need a /stopattack at the end

Quote Originally Posted by satori sartori View Post
    Is there something I'm missing? I can't get this to work.
    sometimes you need to spam the macro twice for both to function. other times it will cast without spamming. Either way you get GCD locked if the sequence is cast, so spamming the macro doesn't pose any down side. (Unless you are laaging so hard you hit a full GCD in delay.
    and yes, I put in /stopattack after SS so I make sure the crit vanish window starts on the DFA cast. This makes the crit window fit into the full dance window. (just)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulmaan View Post
    what do you mean with AA?
    its a /stopattack macro. After SS. This applies the vanish bug so that your vanish does not break stealth until you cast DFA. just lets you have 1 extra SS crit.
    Macro being...

#showtooltip
    /cast vansih
    /cast Shadowstrike
    /stopattack

Thanks I guess I need to just practice. All of these suggestions are great and I certainly do them on target dummy. During encounters and keeping track of a bunch of crap actions gets sloppy. I've been using my combo points during dance on nightblade because the buff has called off or is about to. I suppose it's better to let it fall off for a few seconds rather than wasting shd buffed eviscerate?

Thanks again. Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by ntence View Post
    Thanks I guess I need to just practice. All of these suggestions are great and I certainly do them on target dummy. During encounters and keeping track of a bunch of crap actions gets sloppy. I've been using my combo points during dance on nightblade because the buff has called off or is about to. I suppose it's better to let it fall off for a few seconds rather than wasting shd buffed eviscerate?

Thanks again. Appreciate it
    Correct. During dance you are doing 30% more dmg. it is not worth it to apply NB during dnace to increase dmg by 15% since that means you miss out on a 30% increased dmg Evis.
    It just takes practice honestly.
    You will get it. Just make or get a weakaura that tracks your NB timer really well and obvious (like a large icon) so you can get use to the timing. Once you get use to it, you can make it smaller or whatever.

Deleted
    Just make or get a weakaura that tracks your NB timer really well and obvious (like a large icon) so you can get use to the timing. Once you get use to it, you can make it smaller or whatever.
    This is top tier advice. It's what I also do whenever getting used to something new.

Recent example: got Ilterendi (leg ring) on my hpally. Missed 35% of Judgement casts in the first raid. Made a weak aura for when Judgement is off CD so large it annoys me. Next raid: 3% missed casts. 2 weeks later removed the aura cause casting Judgement on CD became second nature.