Poll: Do you like Game of Thrones?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    When I tuned in I expected it to be like the Dungeons and Dragons movie,.

And THANK THE SEVEN for that. That movie was utter horse droppings.

I love it. Absolutely fabulous. I hope it won't end like Lost (like shit).

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. There are certain actors and actresses that make scenes very unforgettable. Some are just at that level of acting that is very immersive to watch. Then we get six-seven episodes of boring banter and stupid choices™ with focus on characters I wish had died seasons ago.

The showrunners are complete asshats and I will be avoiding anything done by them in the future.
    Last edited by Sett; 2017-07-19 at 03:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Everyone has certain things that just tick them off and cause them to finally stop watching. For some it was the Red Wedding, but if you have an open mind and can muscle through some of the heart wrenching moments, it's the best show ever.

My reaction when people say Breaking Bad, TWD, or "x" show is the best show they've ever watched

After the first four books I said "fuck it."
    And I'm told the show is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    I don't - it is just like a Spanish soap opera. Too low-fantasy too much focused on politics and side-bullshit.
    When I tuned in I expected it to be like the Dungeons and Dragons movie, instead I got Esmeralda with mentions of fantasy here and there.
    Overall it's just too shitty to watch, although sometimes has great scenes like the death of Joffrey.
    Funny, I've heard precisely the opposite criticism on this very forum.

At the end of the day, you can't please everyone and some people simply don't like a show for X reason. I suppose I'm often that guy when it comes to movies. I have more than a few gripes with some very well-loved and popular films and shows that cause some people to scratch their heads, but it feels legitimate to me.

Deleted
    Loved the first 3 seasons, then read the books, and then hated each next season ever since. In retrospect, I still hold first and third seasons in high regard but I've changed my opinion about season 2 considerably.

I did once upon a time, lasted until the end of season 2.

Same with the Walking Dead, which my sisters still managed to force me to sit down and watch each season up until the last. The final episode however made me swear off the show forever.

Give me shows that actually have the story written and an ending, rather than them being dragged along for cash rather than storytelling. GoT and TWD just give me serious Lost vibes at this point.

it is for me, the best tv series made to date. nothing is really close. if i consider GoT a 10, the next best would be a 7.5

It has copious amounts of killing, yes I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the books because of the gratuitous detail George gets into when describing the thought process or the emotions of the characters. I actually like the politics at work as well. Not too dissimilar from how things were a few centuries ago. The low fantasy you're talking about is realism, and I like it. Of course, I like the dragons and shit too, but I feel like I would have kept reading even if there wasn't any of that.

That's also the same reason I DO NOT like the shows whatsoever. The story is gutted. That's what I'm in it for; Reading about a battle or a conversation over the course of a few chapters, not for it to be summarized in 5 minutes.

I also own The World of Ice and Fire and it was a fucking stellar read. TONS of detail about places and peoples only ever mentioned in passing in the books, and in terms of known locations and events that took place a few decades ago as far back as the First Age, it's ultra-detailed. There's fucking dinosaurs and walrus people in this universe too, above and below Essos. DINOSAURS! I have a few maps of "The Known World" too, equally interesting.

I'll continue to never watch the show and be "behind" and I'll wait for him or someone else to finish the books if it takes that long.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-07-20 at 12:37 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and I'm to the point where I probably never will, because every time I tell someone I haven't they act like I just committed sacrilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    My reaction when people say Breaking Bad, TWD, or "x" show is the best show they've ever watched
    Same because Fargo or The Sopranos are the best shows.

Deleted
    What is there to dislike @ Game of thrones, absolutely nothing.

N O T H I NG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Same because Fargo or The Sopranos are the best shows.
    Fargo is great, also.. The wire was <3

Deleted
    Best series I have ever followed, after Prison Break. Nothing beats PB in my books.
    Some scenes are a bit to much for me, they look so god damn real but overall it is such a good serie.
    And the white walkers are just to fucking badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it better than all those cop doctor and lawyer shows that they seem to only want to put on tv to keep people in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    The people you know sound overly dramatic.
    I actually just don't really watch TV in general, that seems to be what confuses them the most. Game of Thrones is just the tipping point I guess lol

I really enjoyed it for the first few seasons, but as the show has gone on the writing has plummeted in quality. The last season I watched I was down to 15-minute episodes after skipping everything I felt was too cringe inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Nope, and I'm to the point where I probably never will, because every time I tell someone I haven't they act like I just committed sacrilege.
    It used to be more like a soap opera where the back-stabbing was literal. As I understand it, the gratuitous rape and violence has become more extreme, perhaps to break up the monotony I see some are complaining about