Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So we'll face Sargeras and win...again?

I mean fucking hell, just name the next expansion "World of Warcrat: Victory screen forever" and slap the WC2 Victory! post campaign page on the box and let's be done with it.

I was really hoping that after the Arthas confrontation shit would go really down hill from there, but no Tirion pulls his Naaru dick out and slaps one of the most powerful combined entities on Azeroth across the face and goes "nope! plot device faggot! kekekekekek!".

At this point we're descendants of the fucking titans on a planet inhabited by the most powerful titan ever and we have a golden star child who can imprison Titans within him and we wild the most powerful weapons in existence aside from the Titans themselves (questionable, looking at you Warlocks) and fucking hell every victory can simply be achieved by "coming together".

When the fuck do we get Sargeras saying "I've had enough of this bullshit" and splitting our planet in twine, or just having some void lords or whatever the hell those cunts are named literally carpet bomb our planet with a bunch of old god infestations to the point where it'll make Extreme Home Makeover look meek?

Wow its almost as if 99% of games end with us winning. MMO included.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Wow its almost as if 99% of games end with us winning. MMO included.
    Fucking hell homie fantASStic input there, the sarcasm is so subtle it would take an english major ancient loremaster to tell it was there.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A tad dramatic, but yeah the writing is becoming... tired. Common. Foreseeable

Something with an army invades.
    We bash everyone's skull, for coin.
    Some die, some are saved, the main antagonist is defeated (exception was Mists of Pandaria, where Garrosh still had a comeback).

Then something with an army invades! GRAB THE CLUBS!

There wouldnt be any games/movie if we lost tbh. And in this case no more expansions if we lost

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    and fucking hell every victory can simply be achieved by "coming together".
    well duuurrr, that's how most cartoons and fantasy stories are

Winners arnt based by power or other realistic measures, but by goodness and the power of love or whatever
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Fucking hell homie fantASStic input there, the sarcasm is so subtle it would take an english major ancient loremaster to tell it was there.
    What were you hoping to accomplish with this thread? A collective hug box of "Oh yeah dude it sucks that this always happens"? The moments of danger are the inbetween. The climax tends to be a win for the side of the protagonist. Thats just the vast majority of story telling.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What were you hoping to accomplish with this thread? A collective hug box of "Oh yeah dude it sucks that this always happens"? The moments of danger are the inbetween. The climax tends to be a win for the side of the protagonist. Thats just the vast majority of story telling.
    Guess he wants us to lose and our characters to die and game over apparently

- - - Updated - - -

He/she isn't wrong, lol. Stories usually end with the good guys winning

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we've really had any real "You Win" moments. Everytime we take care of one threat, another arises in someway.

Defeated KJ at sunwell, then the undead began to stir and awaken, enter Wrath of the Lich King

Defeated Lich King at Icecrown, earthquakes and death cults start up everywhere with the elements running amok

Defeated Deathwing, Turtle Island shows up outta nowhere and ends up showing us a bunch of races and a land we didn't know about (tamest expansion segue ever)

Defeated Garrosh, he escapes and goes to an alternate timeline and we have to follow

Chased Guldan all over hell, defeat Archimonde but he still succeeds in getting guldan through the portal, que legion invasions

My guess for this expansion is we'll defeat Sargeras/Argus and end up coming back to find shit has gone down on Azeroth in our absence, enter naga and N'Zoth stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite sure how you would even do a losing expansion. In MoP our actions had negative consequences on the people there and Garrosh escapes before going on trial. That's probably the best we're going to get. I think for the most part people want to fight an evil, kill it and get loot. The formula works, why change it?

Blizzard killed major lore characters such as Tirion Fordring, Varian Wrynn and Vol'jin right at the start of Legion and the OP insists we've never lost in this game.

What exactly constitutes as a loss to you, OP? The expansion ending with the antagonist killing us instead of the other way around? The game ending outright? THAT is poor storytelling, but I'm not going to hold my breath on someone who composes their writing like a child whose parents conceived them on a twitch.tv live stream understanding this.

We've never faced Sargeras himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I don't think we've really had any real "You Win" moments. Everytime we take care of one threat, another arises in someway.

Defeated KJ at sunwell, then the undead began to stir and awaken, enter Wrath of the Lich King

Defeated Lich King at Icecrown, earthquakes and death cults start up everywhere with the elements running amok

Defeated Deathwing, Turtle Island shows up outta nowhere and ends up showing us a bunch of races and a land we didn't know about (tamest expansion segue ever)

Defeated Garrosh, he escapes and goes to an alternate timeline and we have to follow

Chased Guldan all over hell, defeat Archimonde but he still succeeds in getting guldan through the portal, que legion invasions

My guess for this expansion is we'll defeat Sargeras/Argus and end up coming back to find shit has gone down on Azeroth in our absence, enter naga and N'Zoth stuff
    And you can't see how that's incredibly tropey and tired writing?

This game is literally a giant series of "Meanwhile back on [...]" events. Nothing is exciting or surprising anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Blizzard killed major lore characters such as Tirion Fordring, Varian Wrynn and Vol'jin right at the start of Legion and the OP insists we've never lost in this game.

What exactly constitutes as a loss to you, OP? The expansion ending with the antagonist killing us instead of the other way around? The game ending outright? THAT is poor storytelling, but I'm not going to hold my breath on someone who composes their writing like a child whose parents conceived them on a twitch.tv live stream understanding this.
    It's true though. It's one of the reasons people get really tired of shows like Dr. Who, because you always already know he's going to deus ex machina an answer right at the end, no matter how the problem is put forth as 1000%-we-mean-it-this-time-impossible-to-solve. That's all WoW's story is anymore.

...oh hey look a magic button! Meanwhile, back on [..] ... ...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I'm not quite sure how you would even do a losing expansion. In MoP our actions had negative consequences on the people there and Garrosh escapes before going on trial. That's probably the best we're going to get. I think for the most part people want to fight an evil, kill it and get loot. The formula works, why change it?
    Sorry, just wanted to say that Garrosh only escaped before his sentencing, not the trial itself. No offence.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

This game is literally a giant series of "Meanwhile back on [...]" events. Nothing is exciting or surprising anymore

- - - Updated - - -

It's true though. It's one of the reasons people get really tired of shows like Dr. Who, because you always already know he's going to deus ex machina an answer right at the end, no matter how the problem is put forth as 1000%-we-mean-it-this-time-impossible-to-solve. That's all WoW's story is anymore.

That's all any game that isn't a singleplayer bad end game's story is.

I'm confused how you guys think this would go down. We lose to the legion and then... Blizzard deletes the servers and shuts the game down?

we've only face his avatar and i'm fairly certain we don't even face him on argus, illidont and the titans seal him up and we live happily ever after on our old god infested planet surrounded by void lords as well bury our artifact weapons to bring strength to mother world soul... or something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baruphon View Post
    Sorry, just wanted to say that Garrosh only escaped before his sentencing, not the trial itself. No offence.
    Fair enough :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And what would you suggest?

We lose to the legion and... its the end of the game, I guess?

Nigga, you're fucking dumb as hell. The point of sarcasm is for you to get it.

Also your thread sucks.
    Resident BM Asshole

7+ Year Old Account
    Tears. Yum.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar