Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    McCain is one of the biggest warmongers in the US, who pushes and supports policies that results in the death and misplacement of hundreds of thousands of people.

Why should I be compassionate and wish him well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    It speaks volumes about Trump. Hillary weighed in too. https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...36701527355393

If there is anything that can be nonpartisan, it is when something like this happens to a colleague. Meanwhile, Trump is likely pouting over the lost healthcare vote.

Im pretty sure he dropped a tweet to him and his family.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good point. And I am not saying all who reach 80 are not fit for the office. But there does come a time when it is best to hang it up and move on.
    Very true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Im pretty sure he dropped a tweet to him and his family.....
    Yeah he did a couple hours after I made the comment. I guess I retract it. There is no shortage of other things to criticize him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I wish him well but I don't think people his age should be allowed to serve in public office. 65 is the federal retirement age for a reason.
    Rolling.

On.

The.

Floor.

Laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize Cindy and Meghan McCain were in this thread. Had I known, I would've tried harder to stay focused on only McCain and his situation. Yeah it took Trump (the guy who has cable news on in every room he is in) 3 hours to respond with a tweet of a WH press release that he didn't write. A paragon of class. Maybe I can see it when the standard you set for the supposed leader of the free world is to act like that of an anonymous poster in an internet forum.
    That's a very long post of 0 substance. You made yourself look shitty, even worse than Donald Trump, which takes a lot. Think about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Karma for being a warmonger? For someone that was a POW you'd think he'd be the last to advocate war.
    Yeah! That would explain why most veterans who seen active combat are anti-war/government

... oh wait.

OT: That sucks, feel for the guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Rolling.

On.

The.

Floor.

Laughing.

[img]h://i.imgur.com/Y76Hqb2.png[/img]

Lmao not the person you quoted but really i think 65 would be a great age to limit people to. Also congress term limits would make sense.

Been posted before but it's worth repeating:

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/stat...36712822558720

Remember what class looked like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

There's really no class sending condolences to a warmonger who wants to kill and displace more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Rolling.

On.

The.

Floor.

Laughing.

Trump is definitely too old and he doesn't take care of himself which makes it worse. Jack Lalanne at 70 might be okay with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    70 is the maximum age for normal Federal workers. Reason I know is, a person I know was forced to retire from a federal job at the age of 70, after serving for 51 years at the same place of employment. But in my opinion, all public servants should not be allowed to serve pass the age of 80. Inc. Presidents, Vice Presidents, Congress and the Supreme Court or any Federal judge position.
    I'm pretty sure it is 65. At least in the Foreign Service where I know for a fact it is. It probably differs from department to department.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Whatever you feel about his politics, the man has served his country his entire life. I wish him nothing but the best.
    Yeah. Same. Hope he'll be in remission/recovery after this.

Politicians have access to some pretty amazing health care, remember Jimmy Carter had brain cancer and underwent an experimental treatment and still around today.

I'm more than positive that McCain qualifies for all the miracle drugs the US had hidden away in their Antarctica bunker

15+ Year Old Account
    "There must be a way we can blame Trump for this!"

Fucking ghouls using someone's sickness to dig at someone else.

I thought he just had dementia ever since calling Rand Paul a Russian agent, but cancer does explain a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That's a very long post of 0 substance. You made yourself look shitty, even worse than Donald Trump, which takes a lot. Think about that.
    Oh how will I ever go on without your approval?
    Last edited by Matchles; 2017-07-20 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Fucking wow.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/268971665-story

I don't like the guy, but seriously.
    If McCain passes away or retires, Arizona will probably elect a real right wing nut bag to take his place. McCain was one of the more reasonable republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    If McCain passes away or retires, Arizona will probably elect a real right wing nut bag to take his place. McCain was one of the more reasonable republicans.
    Reasonable?

Please mention a single war that Senator McCain was against, calling him reasonable is a bit to much

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    There is a bright spot on healthcare. Governors are pretty much universally against the repeal of the ACA and she will be the one picking his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Your first time on the internet? Or you just lonely looking for somebody to chat with?

OT: I hope McCain pulls through this though. As others have said, he is a man of principles and a good man at the core.
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Glioblastoma isn't really treatable (or rather hard to treat). You can postpone the inevitable, but his chances, a man his age... well, the average life expectancy is something like 12 months, I'm afraid.

Whish him all the best. While he's somewhat opposite to my view of the world, he's a man who stands up for what he believes. I can respect that, and I respect him.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2017-07-20 at 07:48 AM.

Well that certainly explains a lot. I disagree with plenty of his policies and ideals but as a character, I see few faults in him. Hope he can prevail over that shitty cancer.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.